Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
9/11 is the first big news story that I remember seeing as a child, I was 5, almost 6 and i remember sitting on the floor watching it on the news, it still shocks me now. I went to the 9/11 memorial when I was 23 and it was very moving.

baby Peter or baby P as he was known made me cry, his little face, it so evil what happened to him.

The fire that happened in walkden, killing four children. It’s so close to me and it’s just awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Her. I remember first hearing about a couple of years later, then I wondered why the police gave out the wrong information on her appearance, which hindered the investigation. But, another disturbing bit of this case. A YouTube video was uploaded on channel called mr112dirtbag. What is weird about that name, is the same words that the girl's father used to call the people who he had suspected kidnapping his daughter. The video was uploaded on the anniversary of the date she went missing, of a man just laughing.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
The disappearance of Amy lynn bradly. She disappeared off a cruise ship while on holiday with her family. No trace of her whatsoever..some people think she was pushed overboard

Also the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. She went missing from her apartment in the morning, without a trace. The only picture from CCTV they got was of a man who dumped her car somewhere, but so unfortunate his face is covered by the railing

Attachments

Reactions: 2
RE: Amy Lynn Bradley did a marine or something say he was in the Caribbean and a prostitute say she was Amy and he didn’t go to the police? That makes me feel physically sick.

Reactions: 11
The Soham murders, Holly and Jessica. I remember only being a child and following it very avidly on the news.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
A few years ago there was a family who were killed in an arson attack in Manchester a few days before Christmas. The mum survived but had terrible inquiries and in was in hospital for months, I don’t think she even attended their funerals. It was so awful and for some reason I couldn’t get them out of my head for ages afterwards.
I think the mother passed away. She will be with her babies now. I truly believe that.

I remember that. It was harrowing thinking of her having to deal with that
I don’t think she ever woke up so didn’t have to, thank goodness. As a mother, that is honestly my worst nightmare.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Lots but recently those two kids, the milk carton ones, that went missing.

they think it was a local guy who they took in at the time all these years ago but couldn’t get evidence to actually take to court...I think.

recently they’ve found bones buried in the same area this ‘man’ would dump rubbish and I'm Needing to read up to see if any updates. I hope it’s them simply because the family can get closure, poor kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
RE: Amy Lynn Bradley did a marine or something say he was in the Caribbean and a prostitute say she was Amy and he didn’t go to the police? That makes me feel physically sick.
Yes, he was afraid he would be in trouble for visiting a brothel.

• Sad
9/11 i remember vividly the evening that it happened, I was almost 13. My after school music club didn’t happen and we all sat watching the news in shock. I then got picked up and we had about 5 families from the street in our living room watching because we had a new tv and one of the neighbours was broken.

Lots but recently those two kids, the milk carton ones, that went missing.

they think it was a local guy who they took in at the time all these years ago but couldn’t get evidence to actually take to court...I think.

recently they’ve found bones buried in the same area this ‘man’ would dump rubbish and I'm Needing to read up to see if any updates. I hope it’s them simply because the family can get closure, poor kids.

I read about this the other day, the remains found aren’t those young boys. I think there were a lot of presumptions it could be as the guy (Brian Field) who’s in prison for rape and murder of a young boy lived very very close to where the bones were found.

Reactions: 7
The tsunami always sticks in my head. My mum called me Boxing Day morning as she thought my friend was in Thailand. She said about 10 people had been killed by a big tidal wave. The way the numbers just grew and grew then was so shocking and awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I think the mother passed away. She will be with her babies now. I truly believe that.

I don’t think she ever woke up so didn’t have to, thank goodness. As a mother, that is honestly my worst nightmare.
If its the case I'm thinking of sadly she did wake but succumbed to her injuries about a year later I think

• Sad
Reactions: 15
The ones that stick out most
Dunblane
Lockerbie
Bradford football fire
Hillsborough
9/11
James Bulger
Zeebrugge ferry disaster
Diana

Reactions: 10
I read about this the other day, the remains found aren’t those young boys. I think there were a lot of presumptions it could be as the guy (Brian Field) who’s in prison for rape and murder of a young boy lived very very close to where the bones were found.
Gosh so they don’t know who the bones belong too?

Reactions: 1
The tsunami always sticks in my head. My mum called me Boxing Day morning as she thought my friend was in Thailand. She said about 10 people had been killed by a big tidal wave. The way the numbers just grew and grew then was so shocking and awful.
This one is vivid for me too, I was only 9 at the time & remember seeing it on the news on Boxing Day. Turns out my dad had booked for us all to go to the Seychelles that Christmas and my mum decided that she just couldn’t face being away for Christmas and they cancelled it. I didn’t find that out until I was much older but it does make you wonder if everything happens for a reason. All of those poor families😢

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Dunblane. I was really shaken up by it and remember reading up loads about the poor families for ages after.

Similarly the Hagley RC bus crash, I live in the area and was a year older than the children who were killed. It really shook me up whenever I went on a school trip imagining not coming back

The Soham murders, I was in the Dominic Republic with my ex and saw a newspaper with Holly and Jessica on and was really intrigued so made him buy the paper to read what was going on. Then every day afterwards hoping to read good news 😔

Another pre smart phone one was Raoul Moat. We were driving back from the airport and it was the day Gazza was appealing for him to hand himself in. We had absolutely no idea what was going on as missed it all 😂

Reactions: 10
Robert Holohan in Ireland a young boy strangled by his teenage neighbour and found in bin liners days later I remember being young and watching the search party and reading the paper. It was so so heart breaking for the family. I think the guy only did 4-5years

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.