Where have all the manners gone??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is with people that possess 0 manners who put their arm across your face to get their product off the shelf?! Very few people seem to know how to say “Excuse me” these days. They can’t manage to wait a second for me to get my item and move out of the way. There are times I will say something, but most of the time I just roll my eyes!
I get this at work all the time next to nobody says excuse me now the amount of times I've nearly had my arms or fingers trapped by the fridge doors because someone moves them to get what they want instead of saying Excuse me is unreal
Also the amount of people I serve who are on the phone the entire time or don't utter a single word when I serve them is off the scale

Reactions: 9
I get this at work all the time next to nobody says excuse me now the amount of times I've nearly had my arms or fingers trapped by the fridge doors because someone moves them to get what they want instead of saying Excuse me is unreal
Also the amount of people I serve who are on the phone the entire time or don't utter a single word when I serve them is off the scale
BIB - I hate to see people doing that. It's just so disrespectful. I have seen notices in some shops telling people to put away their phones while being served.

It's sad when people have to be taught very basic manners by notices like that.

Reactions: 7
BIB - I hate to see people doing that. It's just so disrespectful. I have seen notices in some shops telling people to put away their phones while being served.

Ditto for servers looking at their phones whilst I am waiting to be served, not saying please or thank you, not asking how I want to pay and shoving a card reader in my face.

Reactions: 8

I have seen that too, people are in thrall to their phones to the detriment of everyone and everything around them. I have also had a lack of basic manners from retail assistants too. No eye contact, no talking even if it’s just to tell you the price, no please or thank yous. I have worked in retail. It’s a tit job sometimes, but don’t take it out on all customers.
---
Ditto for servers looking at their phones whilst I am waiting to be served, not saying please or thank you, not asking how I want to pay and shoving a card reader in my face.
Snap

Reactions: 7
Similar to this, when people call you on teams and have their camera on and expect you to put yours on. Pre teams it would have been a normal phone call with no image, I won’t put my camera on for a phone call.
One of my colleagues does this. If you don’t switch your camera on because have bad hair or are still in your dressing gown or whatever, she immediately goes all faux concerned and says passive-aggressively ‘oh, I can’t seem to see you, is there a problem with your camera?’ So irritating and pointless, especially just for a five minute call.

Reactions: 8
One of my colleagues does this. If you don’t switch your camera on because have bad hair or are still in your dressing gown or whatever, she immediately goes all faux concerned and says passive-aggressively ‘oh, I can’t seem to see you, is there a problem with your camera?’ So irritating and pointless, especially just for a five minute call.
I can't stand passive aggressive people.

It reminds me of one time, some years ago, a new team moved onto our floor so someone arranged for everyone to have coffee together one morning to get to know one another.

The head of the new lot said to me 'I didn't catch your name'. Um that's because this is the first interaction we have had,
I didn't get a chance to say my flipping name before you pounced. 😡

Reactions: 1
I live in my dressing gown 😂

I'm still seething about being called a 'f'king idiot' (after an attempt to blast me off the road with the horn) for failing to proceed down a road with cars coming up and room for one to get through at a time.

Dick swerved round me, charged down still cussing me and then had to pull all sorts of stunt manoeuvres to get through.

Can't say I didn't laugh :D

Reactions: 2
Loud talkers on their mobile phones in confined spaces really grinds my gears.
My neighbour has started doing this at 6-7am and it’s really annoying. I think because his flat is directly above mine and both our windows are open means I can hear it.

Reactions: 1
What is it with people who can't say please or thank you im sitting at the bus stop lady says to is does the bus to to xyz from here yes What time I think about 10 minutes what time is it now midday not one please and not even a thank you I give up

• Sad
Reactions: 5
God but I do feel for some supermarket workers. Last week I was behind a customer at the checkouts and I heard the checkout lady tell her that the same yoghurts she was buying singly, were on offer in a pack and actually worked out cheaper. She asked the customer if she'd like her to call someone to have them changed. And the customer said; could you just mind your own business and scan my shopping! Jeez. :(

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
COVID was an infection, but its lasting legacy is that bad manners and sheer nastiness is now the norm.

Reactions: 12
COVID was an infection, but its lasting legacy is that bad manners and sheer nastiness is now the norm.
I don't recall people being particularly well mannered pre-Covid either. But I agree that the level of entitlement on display grows daily. There's absolutely no consideration for others, it's all about me, me, me. It's draining having to negotiate public transport because people are so incredibly selfish these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don't recall people being particularly well mannered pre-Covid either. But I agree that the level of entitlement on display grows daily. There's absolutely no consideration for others, it's all about me, me, me. It's draining having to negotiate public transport because people are so incredibly selfish these days.
Public transport is where I notice it the most.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I work in a few public-facing jobs and I’m finding the aggression people use in their first point of contact a bit much. They have literally never spoken to us before but their first email is threatening to go to the press and using aggressive language. it’s so wearing and so unnecessary.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I work in a few public-facing jobs and I’m finding the aggression people use in their first point of contact a bit much. They have literally never spoken to us before but their first email is threatening to go to the press and using aggressive language. it’s so wearing and so unnecessary.
Agree plus it's the complete lack of self responsibility. It's always someone else's fault, even when it's quite clearly the complainer at fault.

Reactions: 6
I was at the counter at the Post Office (and the lady serving me was quite short with me as what I needed doing was complicated and she obviously couldn't be bothered, but that's another story) and a man came up to the counter next to me and started ranting at the lady serving, without even explaining what was wrong. His first sentence was "This isn't the first time this has happened, I'm not happy". She was just 😳

Reactions: 3