When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please ask to get a full panel on your thyroid levels too. The cold and the lump in the neck could also be thyroid and/or autoimmune issues which are incredibly difficult to pin down. Good luck. šŸ§”
Thank you. I will. I didnā€™t think of the thyroid /autoimmune disease, but is better to get a proper checkup.

Gosh this made me well up. This could have been me writing this exactly a year ago. I hope I can help by saying that I barely think of him now - and there was a time I thought Iā€™d love him forever. I know the pain youā€™re describing and even down to many of the specifics you mentioned. Itā€™s brutal, but heā€™s weak and that kind of person is only ever going to cause trouble in whoeverā€™s life heā€™s in. I hope it reassures you to know that now I donā€™t even care if heā€™s with someone else. And that once seemed impossible!

My life has improved a lot since it happened to me (two key things were finally medicating my low mood and getting a new job which I worked incredibly hard for and which now gives me a real sense of pride that I realise I majorly lacked before, which was one reason I put him on a pedestal.) I know you will be able to do great things this year, but donā€™t push yourself too hard - be nice to yourself and know that it takes time. Read all the breakup books, cry it out and take refuge on the sofa with a duvet.

Iā€™m so sorry this happened to you. Itā€™s unfair. Itā€™s confusing and hurts so bleeping much doesnā€™t it! Sending lots of hugs.

OK reading ahead a bit, had to also respond to this - I swear weā€™re the same person! I had this right at the start of covid at the same time I lost my freelancing contract, my dad had cancer and all my friends were of course happily married and popping out babies. I was terrified Iā€™d get ill because I wouldnā€™t be able to have more tests due to all the lockdowns. Then my car got hit while parked and that costs me hundreds. Just grim, all of it. But again, same as I said above, while I acknowledge that time was horrible, itā€™s also now very much in my past and I know that one day itā€™ll be in your past too. ā¤
ā¤ā¤ā¤

Thank you so much. I certainly hope so, the last few years have been a lot. I've no idea how to get over losing the person I had the best times and memories of my life with and loads of lovely plans (that I'll no doubt see him at with his ex).

Everyone else saw how much he loved me and how happy we were and I thought I'd finally cracked at least one part of my life. Even though my worth doesn't rest on another person, being discarded, blocked and erased like I'm nothing without a conversation by someone who adored me is just... quite horrifying. My brain still can't quite compute that it's not my fault...

Also, it's amazing how many women this pretty specific scenario has happened to... not sure if it's reassuring or horrifying or what!

I'm really glad things have improved for you. Thanks so much for your reply ā¤.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've spent the last week and a bit on/off crying. After the worst year of my life (my husband essentially abandoned me and I haven't seen him since), the guy I had been dating for the last few months recently ended things unexpectedly. I feel so broken. Trying to tell myself that this is the path I'm meant to go down to bring me true happiness but easier said than done.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Today.

Started a new job. This is my second full week and my onboarding has been less than ideal. Today I got stood up (twice) by two people in my team who set up calls, never showed up and never bothered pinging me to tell me the couldnā€™t join. I waited 15 minutes each time and left. When I pinged them asking if the calls were going ahead, I got a ā€œsorry, too busyā€ (when their statuses showed ā€œawayā€ the whole time I was waiting for them to open the calls).

I donā€™t have an issue with canceledcalls, but itā€™s rude to leave me waiting and not advise me youā€™re unavailable until I reach out.

Based on how the onboarding has been conducted, I couldnā€™t handle it anymore today and cried in front of my laptop at home.

One thing cheered me up though was an email from a colleague from my previous department who called me ā€œher favoriteā€ and how Iā€™ll be missed ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I woke up yesterday and instantly cried.. it took me over an hour to stop. I needed to earlier but I had a full face of make up on and had tit to do. Break ups are bleeping hard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
A guy Iā€™d seen a few times and liked a lot and saw potential with just texted to say he doesnā€™t see it going further. All very nice and civil and grown up and I respect his decision. But itā€™s still gutting. Iā€™ll be fine, but for the moment, Iā€™m sad and teary. And I donā€™t know how to reply.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This morning on the way back from the school run. I was listening to a Turkish man on a local radio station, he was talking about his family in Turkey after the earthquake and how he felt so helpless šŸ˜­ life is but a fleeting moment šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Sad
Reactions: 8
yesterday because I'm scared of not finding/getting a job and I put pressure on myself which makes it worse

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Today.

I sense my new manager does not like me at all. I never got such an off-putting gut feeling about a manager before but I really cannot shake it with this one. Thereā€™s something in my gut before each interaction. I may not have necessarily agreed with my previous managers all the time but I never had this feeling even when things werenā€™t great.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Today it was my birthday and it was tit! I ended up having a massive argument with my husband who I thought was going to spend the day with us. (Myself and 4 kids) instead despite being 1 sick, 2 self employed so he can pick his own hours, he insisted on going to work, and basically leaving me to fend for myself.

So no presents, no meal out (ok I wasn't keen on going out but a take away would have been nice) and no time for me to relax (during the school holidays).
I've just felt so upset and on edge and the kids try and cheer me up but I have felt despondent all day long.
Things just blew up in my face and I asked my husband for a divorce (I,m kind of at my wit's end), I don't know if that will pan out or not but I feel like I can't get through to him, that he doesn't take me seriously and generally i just feel fed up. Like stuck in a no win situation whatever happens or whatever I do....I can't get what I need or feel respected or appreciated or loved and it hurts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Today it was my birthday and it was tit! I ended up having a massive argument with my husband who I thought was going to spend the day with us. (Myself and 4 kids) instead despite being 1 sick, 2 self employed so he can pick his own hours, he insisted on going to work, and basically leaving me to fend for myself.

So no presents, no meal out (ok I wasn't keen on going out but a take away would have been nice) and no time for me to relax (during the school holidays).
I've just felt so upset and on edge and the kids try and cheer me up but I have felt despondent all day long.
Things just blew up in my face and I asked my husband for a divorce (I,m kind of at my wit's end), I don't know if that will pan out or not but I feel like I can't get through to him, that he doesn't take me seriously and generally i just feel fed up. Like stuck in a no win situation whatever happens or whatever I do....I can't get what I need or feel respected or appreciated or loved and it hurts.
Happy birthday šŸ¤ I am sorry youā€™ve had such a rubbish day

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Happy birthday Mis.

I'm sorry your day hasn't been so great. I'm honestly glad to have to "met you" online. You truly do deserve to be treated better. I hope you do also order yourself a takeaway.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Misbehaving Happy Birthday lovely, am so sorry you've had an awful day, you really deserved a special day, really hope you're ok, take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I am so sorry love. You deserve to feel respect, appreciation and love just as you have stated.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Today.

We got a new rescue cat 8 days ago after losing my much loved boy 3 weeks ago, and she is nothing like him in anyway apart from looks. When we got him he waltzed in and was like he had always been here. With her, we cant even go into the room without her hissing and the final straw was today I was just tidying near her and she has shredded my hand. I know its silly and Ive read all the tips and watched all the youtube videos and nothing is helping her settle. On top of my husband just generally being bleeping useless around the house, kids fighting, works pretty stressful, her hissing at me constantly if i dare look at her has broken me today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Yesterday- when I heard Linkin Parkā€™s newly released song šŸŽµ Good to hear Chesterā€™s voice with new music

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you ā¤ that means a lot to me
I've had loads of tit birthdays like that. Follow your heart and your gut and I hope you got yourself a huge duck off takeaway and threw his portion in the bin. šŸ°

Today.

We got a new rescue cat 8 days ago after losing my much loved boy 3 weeks ago, and she is nothing like him in anyway apart from looks. When we got him he waltzed in and was like he had always been here. With her, we cant even go into the room without her hissing and the final straw was today I was just tidying near her and she has shredded my hand. I know its silly and Ive read all the tips and watched all the youtube videos and nothing is helping her settle. On top of my husband just generally being bleeping useless around the house, kids fighting, works pretty stressful, her hissing at me constantly if i dare look at her has broken me today.
So sorry. Have you tried Feliway? 8 days really isn't a long time to settle. Give her time and give yourself time grieving over your best boy. šŸ’š

• Heart
yesterday.I rarely cry but im tappering off sertraline atm and think i might finally be getting some emotion back.I found out one of my primary school teachers died recently .He was a fantastic teacher and mentor and really believed in me and encouraged me at a really tough point in my childhood.I know it seems daft and it was 25 years ago but it just made me sad.He really did get the best out of me and taught me so much.Im so grateful .
He lived a very long life but its still sad .I wish he knew what an impact he left on me .Im sure i wasnt the only one

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Today. bleeping Valentines day shite every where is making feel triggered. It's been 5 months of no-contact with my awful ex, and this is my first V-Day single. I know it's all just a big corporate scam holiday but not gonna lie, passing by the v-day cards/gifts in Tesco today made me think of all the times I bought cards, gifts ect.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.