Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

moimoi

VIP Member
Probably a miserable bitch here but I don’t even put up decorations. Can’t stand clutter and tat, and takes up storage during the rest of the year! I don't have kids yet, so will change when I do but for now I can’t be bothered when it’s just me and my partner in a one bedroom flat. 😂

Reactions: 2
I'm a strict "12 days before" kind of person, but the last 2 Christmases husband has been deployed so I've put it up earlier in December so he can do it with the children before leaving.
I also take mine down new years eve, as it's my daughter's birthday and I just get sick of seeing Christmas things tbh 😂

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Ours will go up when either of us can be bothered to retrieve the tree from the loft😂 I’m a bit of a Scrooge and I’m not that bothered about putting the tree up as we have a funny shaped living room so it involves moving all the sofas around just to fit the tree in the corner, and we inevitably argue about which Xmas film to play whilst decorating the tree.

Meringue22

VIP Member
First weekend of December (usually. Never before) as there are so many family birthdays in November I need to get those out of the way before I can even begin to think about Christmas

1st of December here. My mum was a total Scrooge when I was growing up and did the 12 days before thing (it could have been longer ) and as a kid,it seemed like such a long time to me to wait after getting my advent calendar. Me and my sisters used to literally beg her everyday to put it up...always said I would never do that to my kid. I wanted everyday in December to feel Christmassy. He’s 17 and a half now and doesn’t care but that just how we do Christmas
My parents used to know this couple who put theirs up Christmas Eve and took it down Boxing Day. Nice(!)

• Wow
Reactions: 1

LLJ

Yesterday!! 17th November. We have a 10 year old, 2 year old and 9 month old baby in our house who are all very excited for Santa!! We love Christmas so why not start now? As much as people deny it - Christmas is here!! Best time of the year for us. Our decs come down on boxing day though!!

101d

VIP Member
Probably around 7th-8th December I'd say. And my tree is pop up with lights and baubles attached so minimal effort haha.

Well, I tried to perused the kids that perhaps we won’t have a tree this year as we have to move everything around to accommodate the flipping thing but they are not having any of it (bear in mind they are grown up now!) I’m getting a bit anxious looking at all the posts on Insta now (FOMO?) and feel the need to put it up in the next few days 🤪. It’s my sons bday on Boxing Day so I do tend to take it down the day after.

Sabbie

VIP Member
Around here (in a deep dark, cold, snowy New England state), you drive to work on the 26th (because it's inhumane and most people go back to work the day after fecking CHRISTMAS day), and at the end of everyone's drive are their poor neglected and abandoned Christmas trees all done and dumped for the season. It makes me weep! I used to love that week between Christmas and new year when you can drink a G&T at 11am and nobody bats an eyelid, but these days I have totally lost all the spirit...literally. 😑

PoleStar

Chatty Member
About 14 December and down by 12th night. I have to say I find Christmas an utter chore. I loved it as a child and even as a young adult but I'm a miserable middle aged fart now!! Actually, I don't even celebrate Christmas because I don't believe in God, Jesus or any of that lot - I celebrate Saturnalia. 😁😁😁

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
First weekend in december... cant understand why anyone would put it up in december. Surely you would get sick of the sight of it by december!