Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Ha, fellow Aussie here, but my tree is up ALREADY!

Usually goes up 23rd December and down Boxing Day, but we've had a really shitty year this year (lots of family and friends pass g away) and I just thought WTF, I'm putting my tree up to spread some Xmas cheer. I'm sick of the sight of it already though 😂 but glad I did. Made the kids happy and it's one less job to do closer the time.... When I'll be hot, fat and pregnant sweating all over.
Oh I love that! Definitely good justification for an early tree this year. I hope you a very happy Christmas and New Year, and congrats on the baby 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 5

PatsyK

Chatty Member
First week in December not sure which day, and goes down a couple of days after Xmas. Saying that the one in my dinning room has been up for 3 years. We literally just eat there for Xmas and I couldn't be arsed taking it down 🙈

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It's too early, Mary hasn't even told Joseph she's up the duff yet.
exactly!!! How can you get the decs out before that awkward af conversation.
We literally celebrate Mary cheating on Joseph with his dad and unplanned pregnancy.

It like an Ingham’s vlog 😬😬

• Haha

memoii11

VIP Member
What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!
Yes! I hate seeing people taking theirs down on boxing Day, it's still Christmas!

Sticky One

VIP Member
Whenever my father in law buys it 😂 every year he goes to some market to get his tree and always ends up picking us up one, think il be devastated if one year he doesn’t get us a #gifted tree 😂😂😂

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Well, I tried to perused the kids that perhaps we won’t have a tree this year as we have to move everything around to accommodate the flipping thing but they are not having any of it (bear in mind they are grown up now!) I’m getting a bit anxious looking at all the posts on Insta now (FOMO?) and feel the need to put it up in the next few days 🤪. It’s my sons bday on Boxing Day so I do tend to take it down the day after.
Totally off topic but do you have a fever!? Hit your head lately!?

Joke 🤣🤣 look at the photos I posted, even the dogs looks pissed 😐

56B7A2E4-3503-4424-9FAF-5154329A2810.jpeg

• Haha
Usually put it up last weekend November, but mines up now, and saves me from putting it up when I am more pregnant then I am now! I just thought, ah fuck it, the years been long enough, and at some points really stressful, particularly with hubby not having a job at one point, so let's do something that makes us happy.

Why not spread abit more Christmas cheer, my 2 year old loves it and it's not doing anyone else any harm.

It's not like I'm forcing you to look into my window and look at it anyway. 😂 Don't like it? Just walk by and get on with your life. If it rattles you that much that I have my tree up, then you have serious issues.

Some people put it up in October, some people have it up just for Christmas day and some people don't even put one up. Each to their own, and if we all did the same, the world would be fucking boring.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ChrissyPoo

VIP Member
We always put ours up on November 30th. It's a bit of a sombre day for my husband as it would be his late mum's birthday, so we always try and make it a happy day instead. It's also up and ready for the Elf on the Shelf to arrive the next day (yes, I'm an idiot and introduced the elf on the shelf).

We have a lovely tradition in our family, where each year we all go out and pick one bauble each. We do this so that when the kids are all grown up, we have a tree filled with memories. We also let the kids do the majority of the decorating (I'm not a fan of people that go crazy OCD about bauble placement, and don't let their kids join in with putting things on the tree. We just let them go mental and put things wherever they want). Our tree is very mismatched due to all the different baubles, and looks like an elf has thrown up on it... But, it's ours 😊 and we love it.

D

Deleted member

1st of December here. My mum was a total Scrooge when I was growing up and did the 12 days before thing (it could have been longer ) and as a kid,it seemed like such a long time to me to wait after getting my advent calendar. Me and my sisters used to literally beg her everyday to put it up...always said I would never do that to my kid. I wanted everyday in December to feel Christmassy. He’s 17 and a half now and doesn’t care but that just how we do Christmas

Reactions: 4

Frankensooze

Chatty Member
I had an uncle (when I was little) that would put it up when he came in from work on Christmas Eve 😬 so 7/8 pm
Then take it down on the 27th. That makes Christmas hard work, and a bit miserable 😂

the kids took control after a while and it would go up around the 18th. 😂

Decorations in early November, might as well move into Tesco and get the Easter eggs ready to go!
I put mine up Christmas eve. 😂😎
No, YOU shut up.

• Haha

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
My birthday is Christmas week. I wasn't born in a shed so apparently I don't deserve the fanfare Jesus gets 😏

I never have a ”birthday” because it's all about the big J 🤨
but I don't really care tbh

*cries in the corner rocking back and forth*
Same here!
I still get at least one Birthday card with Christmas wishes inside or vice verse, or the ‘for your December birthday’ cards...my brother was born in June, never gets a ‘for your June birthday’ card. Why do people do this?!
Or the ‘combined’ present...for Christmas and your birthday.
Sorry to derail...just needed to let it out 🤣
Oh and Christmas Eve-New Years Eve...my niece,my twins,my mother and me all have birthdays!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I had an uncle (when I was little) that would put it up when he came in from work on Christmas Eve 😬 so 7/8 pm
Then take it down on the 27th. That makes Christmas hard work, and a bit miserable 😂

Decorations in early November, might as well move into Tesco and get the Easter eggs ready to go!

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
What annoys me is the people who put the tree up in November then come Boxing Day everything is taken down and gone! It’s all about what is coming next! Live in the present moment and enjoy Christmas DURING Christmas!
YES!!!

For some reason, people taking them down on the 26th/27th annoys me more than people putting them up in November! 😂

michelle1990

VIP Member
when i was a kid my mum always put it up on my birthday on the 28th of november and i’ve carried it on as an adult, but i have enough of it by boxing day and take it down.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Early to mid December. Depends on my energy levels as it's a time consuming process. Comes down early January but definitely stays for New Year as that's my birthday.

I'll say it again - anyone who puts a Christmas tree up in October or November is a cunt. I don't want to listen to your fucking excuses or justification. There are/is none. You are a Christmas cunt.

Same goes for taking it down Christmas or Boxing Day (usually because you put it up before Halloween)

• Haha

Fartootired

We do this 😂 ours goes up Christmas Eve goes down when the kids go to bed boxing day but only because the cat is an arse and pulls it down so it's easier 😂

• Haha

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Usually the first weekend in December. However, when we’ve looked, we have plans every single weekend from next weekend onwards. So will be doing it this weekend.

Early doors, even for me who loves Christmas. But doing it after work isn’t really an option, and this is our only free weekend. Feel ashamed saying it, never mind justifying it 🤣

• Wow

Niamhm

Chatty Member
First week of December for us. Also don’t do Christmas Eve boxes but when my kids get up on December 1st there’s an advent calendar each, Christmas jammies and a christmas book advent calendar to start so they get a Christmas story every up until Christmas. Love Christmas but for me it has to be December 😍🎅🏻🎄
Yeah we do a sort of Dec 1st box! Advent calendar, Christmas pj's to be worn and enjoyed on the run up to Christmas to get more use, Christmas bedding washed and ready and Christmas crafts to do on the run up when it's cold and dark and they're doing my head in😂