What’s your favourite dog breed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never been an animal person at all as I didn’t grow up with pets. I met my boyfriend a few years ago and his family had a few spaniels, I fell in love with them. They were so loving 🥰

A couple of years ago we got our own cocker spaniel and she is my best friend, I love her so much. I look at her and honestly want to cry she’s so beautiful! I wouldn’t want any other dog breed! Yes spaniels are hard work as they have so much energy and they need exercise attention all the time, but they are so loving and cuddly.

However there’s also a Lhasa Apso in the family, he’s an old man now and he’s adorable.

P.S. I can’t stand cats 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I prefer small dogs to big ones, I'd never want a big dog. But honestly don't care about breeds. We had a little mixed breed dog when I was younger and he was amazing. I would never buy a dog though so honestly, anything fairly small I'd adopt!

I was never a cat person til we got ours, shes a rescue and she's Siamese, they are super affectionate and she is just the loveliest girl so honestly I love cats now too.

To be honest, I think for me it would be easier to say what breed I don’t one but I absolutely love huskies, boxers, golden retrievers and jack Russell’s. basically if it has four legs, I want it....

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If my work allows us to keep the flexibility of working from home for the long term future, then I would love to rescue a couple more dogs in the next few years. We got ours as a puppy because we were inexperienced and I don’t think we would have been approved for a rescue.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Shestheman22 same here! We got a pup but would 100% rescue next time as we're more experienced.

I absolutely love dogs, they are incredible companions. My dream is to open a kennel free dog sanctuary and just take in so many dogs! I have a Black Labrador who's 3 years old and my best friend. Growing up we had Japanese Akita and also a German Shephard. I don't think I have a favourite breed but I love a Staffy's smile 😍😍

I got far too excited when I saw a thread about dogs 😊

Reactions: 4
I have a mixed breed dog and she is so beautiful she has Shetland sheepdog in her which I love, but I will never get another like her, people always stop and ask what breed she is as so different.
i love spaniels too and anything with floppy ears

Reactions: 2
Wire haired dachshund but I'm biased as I have one and he's the best dog ever. I love all dachshunds but wires are the best.

I also love basset hounds
grand basset griffon vendéen
Giant schnauzers but I'd never have one as I only have a small house.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
We got a Golden Retriever puppy last year because Golden's are my favourite and because I have never had a dog in my life. I wanted one that would be ok with our 2 cats and that didn't come with any baggage. I am not saying adopted ones are bad, but with my luck I would have probably ended up with a crazy one.

Turns out a puppy was crazy enough. I love him and he is the sweetest but it was a rough road for sure. In hindsight a smaller breed might have been easier. One that couldn't jump on the kitchen counter to steal everything.

But Golden Retrievers are hands down my favorite breed.

Reactions: 7
I love whippets and Staffordshire bull terriers.
Unfortunately I can’t have a dog where I live, the door opens out onto the road and I don’t think it’s safe.
I take my neighbours dog for walks. He is a shar pei and the most gentle, cuddly loveliest dog.

Reactions: 8
Soo many... French Bulldogs, Boxers, Miniature Schnauzer, wirey mixed breeds, German Shepard, Rottweiler, basset hound, dashund, King Charles Spaniel, Australian Shepard.

Reactions: 5
We got a Golden Retriever puppy last year because Golden's are my favourite and because I have never had a dog in my life. I wanted one that would be ok with our 2 cats and that didn't come with any baggage. I am not saying adopted ones are bad, but with my luck I would have probably ended up with a crazy one.

Turns out a puppy was crazy enough. I love him and he is the sweetest but it was a rough road for sure. In hindsight a smaller breed might have been easier. One that couldn't jump on the kitchen counter to steal everything.

But Golden Retrievers are hands down my favorite breed.
Just wondering how did you get your dog to stop jumping up? Our 5 month old Weimaraner helps himself to anything left out!!

Reactions: 1
Just wondering how did you get your dog to stop jumping up? Our 5 month old Weimaraner helps himself to anything left out!!
Dog owner here... Consistency and firmness. When they jump, push them back down and said "No." Every single time. You may be doing it ten times in a row but they will eventually get it. Dogs are quick to learn boundaries if they're consistent.

Pugs, Boston Terriers, Frenchies, i love short chunky dogs, ooh Huskies too!! Tbf i love all dogs though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My mum is obsessed with dogs and I have inherited that passion. I grew up with Golden Retrievers. Now we have a Chinese Crested Hairless, we got her at 2 years old and she is such a nervy velcro dog, she has been fantastic with the arrival of our son and tolerates him quite well. For our next dog we want a Welsh Springer. But as others and my sister (French Bulldog) say, its more a case of what breed wouldn't you want!

I have a Minature Schnauzer and mini Jack Russell. They have different personalities but are lovely dogs.
I am also very fond of Westies and had two until they were quite old. Westies are good with children and so are Schnauzers. Jack Russell's can be a bit ' snappy'.

Reactions: 2
I have a brown and white border collie and he just melts my heart. We had a black collie mix before and she was such a dream. I know border collies are high activity dogs and constantly going but we have been lucky with our two and our old one was and current one is happy with two decent walks a day and some play.

• Heart
Dog owner here... Consistency and firmness. When they jump, push them back down and said "No." Every single time. You may be doing it ten times in a row but they will eventually get it. Dogs are quick to learn boundaries if they're consistent.
Thanks we’re doing this but he doesn’t seem to get it yet. Jumped at my husband earlier who had food in his hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Didn’t end well 🙄