What's your favourite compliment that you received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best compliment I ever received was at school. Because I was rarely there (my mum kept me home to hide the abuse) a lot of the other kids assumed I wasn’t particularly bright. I was assigned to do a project with another classmate one day and he told me I was the smartest person he’d ever met. I had a crush on him for years after that, and weirdly years later we became really good friends. He’s my go to shoulder in life, if ever I’m flailing he will remind me of how far I’ve come from the battered and worn down child I was.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That I'm genuine and don't do things just to impress other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A friend once told me that I was really funny. I've often been criticised for being a bit humourless by others, so this really made my day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Someone I dated once said to me "you know what I really like about you? You really listen to people."

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Someone once told me 'whatever you want to do in life, you'll work hard at it and make a success of it.'

I try to remember that compliment during times when I've got imposter syndrome at work or feel like I'm making a mess of something.

• Heart
My Mum nipped in for a coffee on Friday and complimented me on how white the white laundry drying on the line was. I can’t really convey just how much of a compliment this is - I come from a fam who notice how white other peoples’s net curtains are (were - see less of them these days in general don’t you).

My Mum nipped in for a coffee on Friday and complimented me on how white the white laundry drying on the line was. I can’t really convey just how much of a compliment this is - I come from a fam who notice how white other peoples’s net curtains are (were - see less of them these days in general don’t you).
I love our net curtains! - even if they are old-fashioned, they soften the light.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Two stick out for different reasons
A client telling me she thought about me almost every day because I helped her through a difficult time

another client saying I was very ‘vague’
To me that was a compliment because I had been practicing being ‘vague’ for ages 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3