What's your favourite compliment that you received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being told I’m a good mum always makes me so happy because it’s been a rough journey involving a lot of insecurities and doubt

Years ago someone commented on how placid I was and I thought I’d lost that but recently someone else gave me a compliment along those lines, I love that trait in others so it was nice to be called it myself

Reactions: 1
Honestly I just appreciate any compliment now days. I was very ill mentally a while ago and now just take in every compliment !

A co worker of mine told me a patient said he missed seeing the tall pretty one who's always smiling and I was legit happy for a whole week after that!

Take all the compliments you can get lol

Reactions: 3
I'm also not great with compliments, and I usually bat them away or say something derogatory about myself 🙈

A few years ago I'd had a massive fall out with my boyfriend. I was very upset and was texting a mate for advice. He said something along the lines of "It'll all work out mate. You are one of the most soul warming women I've ever met - you're gonna be fine."

Absolutely made my day and I've never forgotten it. Meant so much more than ever being told I'm pretty/beautiful etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Giving compliments to people (when completely necessary) is one of my most favourite things. I even compliment complete strangers .. like the woman I saw on my morning dog walk today, I told her I loved her orange bobble-hat 🤣

I always get complimented on my teeth. But I always own up that half of them are false 🤪

Reactions: 2
Not a compliment, but i was asked by a colleague what i did for my 40th birthday, i then told him i was only 33. Luckily i saw the funny side i called him a cheeky tit and we both laughed it off.
I didn't mind looking alot older when i was a teenager as i could sneak into nightclubs under age 😃. I did that many times.

• Haha
When I was on holiday when I was about to 14 years old and I had terrible acne, I was very self conscious about it.

I went down to the pool with no make up on (I piled the foundation on to cover my spots) I was so self conscious and an American boy came up to me and said I was so pretty and looked much better without makeup.

That was over ten years ago now but I’ll never forget it, cause I was like how the hell does he think I look nice right now 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
“You were the first person to teach me that unconditional love can come from someone other than family” 💛

• Heart
I'm also not great with compliments, and I usually bat them away or say something derogatory about myself 🙈

A few years ago I'd had a massive fall out with my boyfriend. I was very upset and was texting a mate for advice. He said something along the lines of "It'll all work out mate. You are one of the most soul warming women I've ever met - you're gonna be fine."

Absolutely made my day and I've never forgotten it. Meant so much more than ever being told I'm pretty/beautiful etc.
Right ?? A lad I only met last summer has fastly become a good friend and he is sick atm and I dropped him up a gift. He text me thanks for this, you're so thoughtful love ya etc and I was like !! I am great 😂 110% better about looks compliments

I have extremely low self esteem and have been diagnosed with body dismorphia and I have to say that whenever someone pays me a compliment no matter how small i appreciate it.

• Heart
A lady approached me in the Cotswolds just before Christmas to tell me how beautiful she thought I looked and loved my outfit 🤩 best compliment from a stranger ever, felt like a celebrity momentarily!

I got asked for ID to buy kitchen knives yesterday and it made my day! I’m almost 30. When I told the cashier she’d made my day as I hadn’t been asked for ID for ages she replied “really? But you look so young”. I could have kissed her! I am feeling a bit unattractive at the minute so it really made me smile.

a man stopped me when out shopping to say what polite children I had. I was so pleased

Reactions: 6
A friend told me that 'I'm made of all the good stuff'

I compliment people whenever I can as often as I can - I can't help myself. It takes 10 seconds of your time and can make someones whole day!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Getting told that my kids are lovely and polite, and what a credit they are to me and my husband.
My kids telling me that I make the best roast dinners and that I smell lovely - that always makes me smile.

Reactions: 4
My husband had to pick up his prescription glasses so me and our 3 children was sat in waiting room, told the kids we wont be in there long (15 mins). They sat quietly talking to one another.
As we left a woman grabbed my arm and said what well behaved children i had and some parents dont get the praise they deserve. I came away feeling good, but what she didnt know was i had bribed the kids into being good else they won't get a treat.😃

• Haha
Two of the best things anyone's said to me:
'You're the funniest person I know'
'You've taught me so much (about our jobs)'

A social worker once told me that she thought I was resilient.... this completely blew my mind as at times I have felt anything but resilient, but that’s probably the best compliment I’ve ever received.

Me and my husband went out for an anniversary meal at the restaurant where they film first dates. I popped to the loo between courses and was in a small que inside the door and a lady walked in and told me how lovely I looked in my dress.
I will never forget her compliment, I thought it was so kind of her. I was feeling a bit self conscious and she really lifted my spirits. It’s amazing how a few words can totally lift you

A few times strangers have complimented me on my kids behaviour and it always makes me feel 10 feet tall.

Friends say I have a good sense of style which is so kind of them. My OH isn’t a huge one for compliments (I think it may be a northern thing 😁) but when he does I feel sooooo chuffed.

I always compliment friends and colleagues and often compliment strangers if I like their outfit or an item of clothing. They always look so pleased and it makes me feel good to share the positivity.

Being a vintage fan, clothes especially, I was flattered and amused when at a museum that had vintage dressed mannequins in it, I was mistaken for one of said mannequins 🤭 😂

• Haha