What's your favourite compliment that you received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being asked a lot where I get my eyebrows done. DIY job with Primark eyebrow crayon hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone referred to me as their 2am friend, I didn't get it until he said, I could ring you any time of day and you would be there for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I never had any compliments from my parents and generally have low self esteem. Compliments can completely lift my mood! When my husband tells me I'm an amazing wife and mum to our kids. Also when he tells me I'm beautiful, perhaps that makes me vain but I do like it.

I dont compliment him much at all and I really should!

Reactions: 3
I have learnt to accept compliments, I just say thank you. Or sometimes, if appropriate, I'll say "thanks, I know".

I like complimenting, but I'm always honest.
Oh yes I will accept them appropriately as I appreciate people are being nice but they make me so uncomfortable lol

Reactions: 2
I never used to get compliments my ex used to tell me I was a rubbish mum and preferred blondes etc. He completely destroyed my confidence.
I still remember a few days after we split up my work colleagues said to me you seem happier. That was the biggest compliment I needed as it made me realise how unhappy I was without realising.
My boyfriend now always says I'm pretty etc and I always find his compliments hard to accept especially when my ex left a scar down my forehead.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
When out with my two young children a stranger approached me and made my day: "you've got your hands full, but you're managing beautifully"

I've been told many a time that I'm very emotionally intelligent, which I took as a huge compliment, not sure how much of it is true :ROFLMAO:

I honestly love all your messages. It's nice to see what makes others happy.

An honest compliment can make everyone's day ❀

Years ago I lived next to 5 year old twin girls, I had no kids of my own at the time and they were a bit feral, I once found one curled up asleep in my dogs bed, having climbed through my dog flap! One summer evening I was going out with friends and my then boyfriend was being a bit of a dick about it. I was wearing a summer dress that I loved but wasn't sure was really me. One of the girls was outside playing on the grass and came over asking where I was going. We chatted for a minute and as I walked away she shouted my name and said "You look so pretty!"

• Heart
Being asked a lot where I get my eyebrows done. DIY job with Primark eyebrow crayon hahahaha
πŸ˜‚ I sometimes get asked where I've got my eyelashes from. My Mum and Dad πŸ˜‚ I was so confused the first time someone asked me

I'm not great at accepting compliments, my parents have never really praised me so I'm always suspicious when someone says something nice. I love reading some of these though πŸ’•

Reactions: 1
I never used to get compliments my ex used to tell me I was a rubbish mum and preferred blondes etc. He completely destroyed my confidence.
I still remember a few days after we split up my work colleagues said to me you seem happier. That was the biggest compliment I needed as it made me realise how unhappy I was without realising.
My boyfriend now always says I'm pretty etc and I always find his compliments hard to accept especially when my ex left a scar down my forehead.
Oh my god this is terrible!!A scar?? Did you report him? I'm so glad he's now your ex. Accept the compliments now love. XπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

i can't take them all i get defensive borderline rude for some reason. I often get told i look like monica from friends.

Reactions: 1
Oh my god this is terrible!!A scar?? Did you report him? I'm so glad he's now your ex. Accept the compliments now love. XπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
I did eventually press charges against him and he was charged with abh as he head butted me and split my forehead open.
The biggest wake up call in life.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I did eventually press charges against him and he was charged with abh as he head butted me and split my forehead open.
The biggest wake up call in life.
you're well rid , can't believe someone would do that!

can't take a compliment to save my life! i either go red faced and embarrassed or i think the other person is trying to take the piss out of me... either way 😬
my main compliment is my eyes, i joke on sometimes that the only thing my dad has ever given me is decent eyebrows 😝

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
When I was 36, i was buying alcohol at Asda and got asked if I was 18. I was over the moon. My eldest daughter was also mistaken for my mum - she was FUMING.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
you're well rid , can't believe someone would do that!

can't take a compliment to save my life! i either go red faced and embarrassed or i think the other person is trying to take the piss out of me... either way 😬
my main compliment is my eyes, i joke on sometimes that the only thing my dad has ever given me is decent eyebrows 😝
To be honest nor could I and I think that's why I hid the abuse for so long ... little do you realise the impact it has on you by doing that. But what don't break us makes us a hell of a lot stronger!

• Heart