What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uni stress, not sleeping much and when I am asleep I'm having nightmares about failing stuff. It's horrible.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Uni stress, not sleeping much and when I am asleep I'm having nightmares about failing stuff. It's horrible.
I shouldn't laugh, but decades after finishing uni, I still wake up sometimes in a cold sweat thinking that I still have an assignment/course work to hand in.

It takes me a minute or two to realise it was all a dream. I don't know why it happens as I was always on time with work and had a good time at uni.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I work in an international environment. Entire senior leadership team consists of middle aged, white, came from money men. I'm not. The racism and favoritism that I have to put up with is getting the best of me. I clenched my teeth and moved on for first 2 years because I had my eye on a qualification and it was easier to do it this way. Gone. My grant denied because of my passport, board of governors said that to my face. Eventhough it was one of my original conditions to accept the job. They are using a loophole in our international law and that law not covering the labour regulations for people working in that type of companies. Still put up with it to save money (the pay is decent for that sector) so I can pay for that qualification by myself. I have taken the shittiest, no one wants to do it so it has to be you jobs, succeed in all of them, received praise from every customer. Than more piled up. I set my eyes on a PhD abroad, got accepted as a RA, lab stopped working because of budget restrictions (f. covid again). I said ok, just throw yourself at work and save more money for later on, and my pay is cut 40% because of covid. I was sort of doing ok because I worked from home and didn't really see anyone irl the majority of 2020 but they decided to open the offices and now I have to face the crowd. And the country is on crisis due to covid. I can't just quit because of mobbing because I am not even sure I can find a job that matches my qualifications now. I just really have to convince myself to not to tit on someone's drawer everyday.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Had an argument over something daft with my boyfriend last night, he was being an arse and I didn't want to spend time with him after the way he spoke to me. He did apologise but I just wanted to be on my own. Anyway, I gave an olive branch this morning and he threw it back in my face. Now at work eating my feelings, I've got stuff I need to do but I just can't get myself to do it. All week I've been saying "I'll do it tomorrow". It's really not like me to keep putting things off either.

• Sad
  • Heart
My neighbour is getting a summer house built in their garden. The constant banging is giving me a headache 🤯

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Neighbours blasting crappy bass music. I have so much uni work to do, been up since 3:30am, I'm literally having a breakdown. I'm never gonna get my work done.

• Sad
  • Heart
A member of the Vamps who appeared on an early radio show this morning and was totally oblivious to the economic issues caused by extension of furlough. Seems to think that an increase in taxes means nothing - easy for a celeb who presumably has plenty of money to say that. These celebs who have plenty of cash are out of touch with the general population, it's ridiculous. I believe it's not his first time doing this, complained about being 'skint' at IAC despite earning 6 figures per year.

Inter-departmental meetings. They're a waste of time. Just a chance for the management team to waffle.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My couch couldn't fit in the lift and it turns out that the emergency stairs to the flat are narrow, steep and spiral. Back to square f*cking one.

Tried my best to cover my emotions but on the inside, totally crushed that it came so close.

• Sad
My couch couldn't fit in the lift and it turns out that the emergency stairs to the flat are narrow, steep and spiral. Back to square f*cking one.

Tried my best to cover my emotions but on the inside, totally crushed that it came so close.
Awww that's a shame 😕 what are you going to do?

I hear so many stories about Adopt Me and kids getting scammed! Thankfully mine has never mentioned that game, but there were tears tonight because as soon as he got the chance to be the Imp on Among Us, someone voted him out straight away 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 that’s kind of the game, son!
I think I spend half my life warning and reminding them to be careful when trading but they don’t listen. I figured at this point they can learn the hard way🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
IDK why I thought doing a masters alongside teaching full time would be viable but I find myself lacking all motivation and being burnt out at just the thought of more work after I've finished the actual day-job!

Never knew I could procrastinate as much as I have. And there's only myself to blame!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I did originally post this yesterday, but in the wrong thread 🤦‍♀️ so deleted it and got all flustered, so will try again......

I've got three piercings in each ear, but for the last year throughout lockdown, I've rarely worn earrings as I couldn't be bothered. I went to put some in yesterday, but the third hole in the left ear has almost completely healed... sooo annoying! I tried to force it through but it started to bleed.

Sooo, do I: try to force it through again, re-pierce it orrrr just leave it alone? 😐

I did originally post this yesterday, but in the wrong thread 🤦‍♀️ so deleted it and got all flustered, so will try again......

I've got three piercings in each ear, but for the last year throughout lockdown, I've rarely worn earrings as I couldn't be bothered. I went to put some in yesterday, but the third hole in the left ear has almost completely healed... sooo annoying! I tried to force it through but it started to bleed.

Sooo, do I: try to force it through again, re-pierce it orrrr just leave it alone? 😐
the same has happened to me (not in lockdown but generally) I forced it thorugh tbh, I would be really careful and sterilise the earrings beforehand though!

Reactions: 1
Everything?

This lockdown, not being able to do much on days off work. Running out of things to talk about with my husband and trying to keep the children entertained when all they want to do is play their devices and we’ve done all the parks to death. I just miss normal things like going for a coffee or a browse around the shops. Popping in to see family and planning holidays and get togethers. I even miss soft play, and I never thought I’d say that. Having things to look forward to instead of living this stale, half-life. I’m sick of looking at these same four walls (and constantly cleaning up after people). 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Have you tried to pivot? (Hope you’re a friends fan)

What kind of couch is it? does it not come in parts that you can un-do and put together again?

we had this issue and had to pay the store to take it apart and put it back together inside.

Cooking or thinking about cooking. I feel like I run a cafe, I’m always trying to plan a meal that makes everyone happy ( not happening) . I’m fed up of planning it, buying it, cooking it, clearing up after it and being asked what’s for tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Cooking or thinking about cooking. I feel like I run a cafe, I’m always trying to plan a meal that makes everyone happy ( not happening) . I’m fed up of planning it, buying it, cooking it, clearing up after it and being asked what’s for tea.
Planning meals is the bane of my life. I feel like I spend my life trying to think of dinners and even then it still feels like we have the same thing week after week!

Reactions: 8
This. 1000 times this 😩

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.