What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More deets please 😂
well I said, right let’s put the kids to bed. And he’s mysteriously disappeared... potentially “on the toilet” for 3 hours scrolling his phone 🙄 WHY DO MEN DO THIS

tbh after a year of him working from home even him breathing annoys me

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
well I said, right let’s put the kids to bed. And he’s mysteriously disappeared... potentially “on the toilet” for 3 hours scrolling his phone 🙄 WHY DO MEN DO THIS

tbh after a year of him working from home even him breathing annoys me
Fair enough, it’s fairly similar here ! My primary age daughter was completing an art project earlier this week, a volcano to be exact. Paint, glue, general mess everywhere. He came down to make a coffee ( he’s working in the spare room) saw all the crap everywhere and me trying to clear it away and said ‘ I think I’ll come back’ . Yeah, don’t offer to help will you.

Reactions: 1
Fair enough, it’s fairly similar here ! My primary age daughter was completing an art project earlier this week, a volcano to be exact. Paint, glue, general mess everywhere. He came down to make a coffee ( he’s working in the spare room) saw all the crap everywhere and me trying to clear it away and said ‘ I think I’ll come back’ . Yeah, don’t offer to help will you.
I’ve just started asking mine WIL YOU HELP ME PLEASE coz there’s no way I’m looking after a giant man child. No sir

Husband!

Okay obviously I am fuming now, I blame his mum for pampering him.
He had a virtual cooking class at work last night and right after he is done, he just left without cleaning up. The first thing he did was to pull out his laptop and start gaming. He said he will clean before bed, because we have an open plan flat, I can’t stand seeing messy kitchen so I cleaned it instead. Then I also put away the clothes while he is sitting there gaming!
I was so angry this morning and confronted him. His defence was he has a stressful week at work, he worked from 9-12am on a few days. And he said because my workload is not as heavy as his, so I should be doing it.
I don’t think other dudes can get away with responsibilities like this. I blame it on his mum, every time he goes home to his home country, his mum will follow him with food...like he was starved in the UK lol

So ladies and gentlemen, raise your kids by instilling the value of shared responsibility and cleaning up after yourself, take like 5 min.

Okay rant over.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Husband!

He had a virtual cooking class at work last night and right after he is done, he just left without cleaning up. The first thing he did was to pull out his laptop and start gaming. He said he will clean before bed, because we have an open plan flat, I can’t stand seeing messy kitchen so I cleaned it instead. Then I also put away the clothes while he is sitting there gaming!
I was so angry this morning and confronted him. His defence was he has a stressful week at work, he worked from 9-12am on a few days. And he said because my workload is not as heavy as his, so I should be doing it.
I don’t think other dudes can get away with responsibilities like this. I blame it on his mum, every time he goes home to his home country, his mum will follow him with food...

So ladies and gentlemen, raise your kids by instilling the value of shared responsibility and cleaning up after yourself, take like 5 min.

Okay rant over.
He makes the mess, he cleans it.

Men...I’m fuming for you! 😂

Reactions: 2
He makes the mess, he cleans it.

Men...I’m fuming for you! 😂
Right, one time I said can you clean the toilet (so he went in and literally cleaned the toilet bowl only) because apparently I didn’t say bathtub, sink or use the correct term which is BATHROOM.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Husband!

I don’t think other dudes can get away with responsibilities like this. I blame it on his mum, every time he goes home to his home country, his mum will follow him with food...

Okay rant over.
yeah totally agree with this , I am not married but looking at my parents (who have always both worked and my mum is very feminist) it is only recently (i.e. since retirement) that my dad even learned to use the washing machine or where any cleaning products etc were! I probably will never have children but if I did I would instill this in them whether girls or boys!
I am pissed off by (yet another) issue in my building, the intercom has gone down, i was waiting for a delivery, of course had no idea when it arrived and the post office make no effort to get in another way.... the place to collect it is open 3 days a week and is in a really awkward place to get to . great.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I flipped at my OH last weekend. .
Hes been at home for almost a year now.
Hes get up and doey, if its 9am, ½ the day is gone in his eyes. Sleep when youre dead he says . .
I kicked the food waste bin across the kitchen ( it was empty, HE"D emptied it) but.
Since my melt down, hes been better. .
Kuck off, tell him you're crazy. .
He'll back off/behave then

• Wow
Husband!

I don’t think other dudes can get away with responsibilities like this. I blame it on his mum, every time he goes home to his home country, his mum will follow him with food...like he was starved in the UK lol

Okay rant over.
I hate this, and ever since I read articles on unpaid labour in the home it makes me angrier. Some men really do think it’s a woman’s job to pick up after them and it’s not good enough to want to be prompted (that’s really galling), just f*cking do it! Or I’ll invoice you 🙂

I’m really pissed off at my little “wants to climb the ladder, not speaking to you if you’re not a director” boss. Answer my emails you utter f*cking slimeball. If he doesn’t agree to a raise at my next review I’m offski.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My know-it-all, pain-in-the-arse, sister-in-law. She's just hideous. Whenever we do or buy anything, she's an expert on that, or has a "friend" who had an experience with it (always negative, and I highly doubt all these "friends" actually exist). We had a small family lunch together (which is fine restriction-wise where I am), and whenever the conversation would shift away from her to someone else, she'd shift it back again. She's rude, obnoxious and just leaves me feeling itchy. We couldn't get rid of her - everyone else started leaving after a couple of hours but she stayed until late afternoon. Aaaaargh, annoying!! :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
So we had an unofficial diagnosis of autism for my 5 year old daughter from the paediatrician yesterday so now waiting for a more official on paper diagnosis.
If one more person says to me today though “oh there’s nothing wrong with her” or “she doesn’t Look autistic” or “she’ll outgrow it, it’s just a faze” I’m gonna go insane!!

my neighbour who was talking to even started saying well I haven’t seen that in her or when I was telling her how she’ll spin on the spot with her tongue out for 20 minutes at a time or sits flapping her hands went on to tell me “well (her sons nam) has always been my special needs kid I think he just makes me cringe”

wow jeez thanks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
It was as on my todo list this morning to wash and vac my car... I washed the car at the jet wash at Morrison’s but then the vacuum was out of order so I went to the garage up the road, put the money in but it wouldn’t suck up so I went in and complained but the girl didn’t speak much English and didn’t understand me ( I’m not being racist it was just the reality of the situation). In the end she gave me my money back just to get rid of me I think. It really wound me up trying to make myself understood.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
“Friends”.

Apparantly our friendship has broken down so much that we don’t even buy birthday cards anymore. It’s sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The fact that my other half’s phone is seemingly glued to his hand! Even when I ask for a hand moving something he’s still staring into it with the other! It’s like having a third wheel in the relationship sometimes 😫

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The fact that my other half’s phone is seemingly glued to his hand! Even when I ask for a hand moving something he’s still staring into it with the other! It’s like having a third wheel in the relationship sometimes 😫
OMG YES. It’s infuriating. We got a child free couple of hours thanks to a mother-in-law bubble today, went for a lovely walk with the dog and husband had three phone calls and about four whatsapp chats he HAD to keep up with. When kids came home and we’re chattering to us about what they’d been up to he was one eye on a YouTube video and one ear bud in 😤🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
So we had an unofficial diagnosis of autism for my 5 year old daughter from the paediatrician yesterday so now waiting for a more official on paper diagnosis.
If one more person says to me today though “oh there’s nothing wrong with her” or “she doesn’t Look autistic” or “she’ll outgrow it, it’s just a faze” I’m gonna go insane!!

my neighbour who was talking to even started saying well I haven’t seen that in her or when I was telling her how she’ll spin on the spot with her tongue out for 20 minutes at a time or sits flapping her hands went on to tell me “well (her sons nam) has always been my special needs kid I think he just makes me cringe”

wow jeez thanks
I got a lot of that when my son was diagnosed two years ago. It got to the point where I just learnt to ignore it. Some people you can educate, especially children, others not so much. I think a lot of people just don’t know what to say or are actually quite ignorant to conditions like autism (especially older people, I find). Currently waiting for the official diagnosis for my younger son now and it feels like deja vu. He has to have a blood test done to check for other developmental disorders.

I hope you’re doing ok yourself. It can be a gut punch hearing from a professional that your suspicions are correct. I cried for about a week when my son was officially diagnosed, despite fully expecting it and also feeling relieved that we were being taken seriously after being told I was being stupid. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That not only have I got a fat face and look a like I have done a few rounds with Mike Tyson but I have also just come on my period.

C’mon body, give me a break?

• Sad
i have a bruise on my leg which hurts quite a bit and while we're chilling on the couch or in bed, every single time my bf goes to pet me or cuddle me he touches directly that spot 🤬

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.