What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Removed by request.

Mod note don't post something if you'll want it deleted a few hours later. It's annoying as duck for everyone!
Removed by request.

Mod note don't post something if you'll want it deleted a few hours later. It's annoying as duck for everyone!
Oooooooo wonder what it was lol

I had to do a food shop as my usual one was cancelled due to snow and they didn’t think to contact me. I HATE food shopping. GrrrrRrrr

Reactions: 2
Do not share anywhere.

A family member asked her niece and nephew (my husband, that she barely talks to) for $60,000. $30,000 each to put towards a mortgage for a new condo (she's retired). My husband told me last night and I was bleeping gobsmacked. What an absolute cheek and how utterly absurd.
She claimed she was being "harassed" by her neighbour below her. He was apparently being noisy so she stomped on the floor, she then claims he spit on her car and unit door handle. We suggested she get a doorbell camera to catch him and send it to the condo board.
She decided she has to move. Well, she apparently called my SIL saying she needed $60,000 for a mortgage to get somewhere new and could she lend it to her. My SIL said no she couldn't do that and the aunt then suggested my SIL and husband split it. Well, my SIL went through my aunt's finances to see what is going on - basically the aunt was wanting a new, bigger condo and would living well beyond her means. My sil also asked what was going on with the neighbour and the aunt said it was resolved a while ago.... so why the duck is she wanting to move when it is all sorted? And my SIL asked how she knew he spits on her car. And the aunt explained well she may have shoveled snow somewhere she shouldn't (i.e. blocking someone's space) so likely pissed someone else off. FFS. Well, she soon backed off the idea of moving.

How bleeping cheeky though. Actually quite furious about it. I instantly said to my husband "absolutely not." That is a huge amount of money. We aren't god damn millionaires and we see/speak to her like once every 2 years if that. It is a fragile economy, my husband could lose his job and we could need that money.

1. This aunt also has a "partner" so if things were that bad I am sure he would let her move in with him.
2. She wasn't trying to escape a domestic violence situation. Her neighbour disliked her (but she forgot to mention things are resolved).
3. She said "well you are in my will so you will get it back." Manipulative witch.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm studying a law degree with the OU. I have 2.5 years left. My manager today asked me how long I have left and I told him. He asked what I plan to do after so I explained as much as I'd like to qualify as a solicitor, the Legal Executive route is cheaper so I will probably go down that route. Instead of just accepting what I'd said he commented that "Legal Executives will never have the same respect in the profession as actual solicitors and if applying for jobs and the other candidate is a solicitor, they will always be more desirable" and "waste of time doing a degree then isn't it?! Could have started to become a Legal Executive years ago". I mean, kick me before I even get there why don't you?! Fair enough he's trying to give me advice but there's nicer ways of doing it.

• Heart
Sounds so so petty but I’m pissed off that no matter what I post on Instagram, my “best friend” will NEVER like it. I like her posts of her children and days out but she hasn’t liked anything of mine since October. Yet she likes everybody else’s within seconds. I know it sounds so childish and petty but it’s upsetting me.

I’ve mentioned before how she doesn’t speak to me now. The conversation just doesn’t flow. I don’t know what I’ve apparantly done wrong, nothing I don’t think. I know she’s unhappy in her job but she seems to take everything out on me. We used to be so close. She never wants to see me if I ask her. It’s wearing me down more and more each day. I need to cut ties but I’m finding it very difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My false nail snapping off whilst I was inside Specsavers...it's the small things that get to me lol

What’s pissed me off today is the complaint that went to the BBC about the use of the term “nitty gritty”...unbelievable

I'm studying a law degree with the OU. I have 2.5 years left. My manager today asked me how long I have left and I told him. He asked what I plan to do after so I explained as much as I'd like to qualify as a solicitor, the Legal Executive route is cheaper so I will probably go down that route. Instead of just accepting what I'd said he commented that "Legal Executives will never have the same respect in the profession as actual solicitors and if applying for jobs and the other candidate is a solicitor, they will always be more desirable" and "waste of time doing a degree then isn't it?! Could have started to become a Legal Executive years ago". I mean, kick me before I even get there why don't you?! Fair enough he's trying to give me advice but there's nicer ways of doing it.
Just to say, pay no notice! One of my best friends qualified via the Legal Exec route and is one of the top performers in her office, and is compensated/respected accordingly for it! Work hard, do a good job and bill plenty, and the right firm won't care how you got the qualification. Good luck with it all, I know it can feel like a real slog!

• Heart
Matt Hancock is about to piss me off, I can just tell. He is the deliverer of doom.

Matt Hancock is about to piss me off, I can just tell. He is the deliverer of doom.
He did it. I’m pissed off. He‘s telling me to stay home, I am home and watching the prophet of doom bumble his way through the briefing. Just answer the bleeping questions Matt. He is infuriating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Rather than working upstairs in my office I have decamped to the dining room so I can supervise the small child during the day while I work. I have my back to the window so watch into the kitchen. Man with my boden parcel (Hermes??) Banged on the window really loudly to get my attention, made me jump out of my skin! Then he tells me he did the same to my son the other week and then I looked at my window, that I only washed on Saturday and there is a dirty great mark from his grubby hands!

Reactions: 1
My mum’s been isolating so I’ve been taking her food round from our click and collect order and she’s not left the house since the lockdown began in December. She went out in her car today because she was worried about it not being run for so long. So she drove around for a bit and as she was on her way home she was stopped by the police. They cautioned her for being out!!!

I’m SO angry, especially when there are influencer arseholes having parties and going on holiday.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My mum’s been isolating so I’ve been taking her food round from our click and collect order and she’s not left the house since the lockdown began in December. She went out in her car today because she was worried about it not being run for so long. So she drove around for a bit and as she was on her way home she was stopped by the police. They cautioned her for being out!!!

I’m SO angry, especially when there are influencer arseholes having parties and going on holiday.
Awful!!!!!

I’d always say I’m going out for bread and milk regardless. Essential 🤓

I’ve read all sorts online about different shops stopping elderly people from buying a range of things and unnecessarily applying the rules to a harsh degree
Eg: refusing to sell an old lady a TV after hers had broke
Refusing customers to buy clothes including underwear/baby clothes
Questioning a teenager about buying food

A bit of common sense needs to be applied here

Reactions: 4

That’s insane I hope she appeals!
How did this actually happen though? You’re allowed out of your house - she could have been going to the shop surely? Why did they pull her over in the first place? Very strange.

Reactions: 3
That’s insane I hope she appeals!
How did this actually happen though? You’re allowed out of your house - she could have been going to the shop surely? Why did they pull her over in the first place? Very strange.
I guess they’re being “cautious”, but there are many other people driving around actually going somewhere they shouldn’t. She was just driving 😒

I guess they’re being “cautious”, but there are many other people driving around actually going somewhere they shouldn’t. She was just driving 😒
I have been encouraging my mam to do this so she can get out of the house safely, she has hardly left the house since March unless for her little drive, only about a 5 mile round trip to keep her car from going flat- am not going to tell her about this as she would then be totally isolated

Oh my god you described what I go through the pain is horrific and honestly is so bad Im convinced something is going to burst in there and kill me. Then is goes and Im fine again. Im so glad to know Im not the only one having this.
Also if it reassures you i have had loads of internal scans because mine used to bleed, there was nothing there. Not since my operation but that was unrelated. I believe it can get worse into perimenopause age too in some women. I know what you mean in real life nobody knows what i mean. And mine can last up to a week. xx

Sounds so so petty but I’m pissed off that no matter what I post on Instagram, my “best friend” will NEVER like it. I like her posts of her children and days out but she hasn’t liked anything of mine since October. Yet she likes everybody else’s within seconds. I know it sounds so childish and petty but it’s upsetting me.

I’ve mentioned before how she doesn’t speak to me now. The conversation just doesn’t flow. I don’t know what I’ve apparantly done wrong, nothing I don’t think. I know she’s unhappy in her job but she seems to take everything out on me. We used to be so close. She never wants to see me if I ask her. It’s wearing me down more and more each day. I need to cut ties but I’m finding it very difficult.
duck her then. Sorry to be rude ,but you have enough problems with whats going on in the world. I wouldnt bother if you get nothing back. When this dies down there will be opportunities to meet new people. xx

Last edited:
On my local online news site, there's an item about a 71 year old pensioner who has been convicted of continually raping a 11 year old girl several years ago, and has been given a 20 year prison sentence.

Although I fully support the sentence, it is galling to think that this monster will be entitled to a vaccine injection because of his age. A waste of a good dosage as far as I'm concerned :mad:

• Angry
Some numpty overtook me this morning going through a speed camera. I definitely wasn’t speeding but the camera flashed for them and now I’m paranoid I’ll get lumbered with their fine 😬

• Wow
My fella had the last of our sensations honeycomb hot chocolate without me last night 😒

And I just burnt my toast!!!

• Sad
Honestly my idea of hell. My MIL is the same. So so passive if I don’t give her full attention on a call. Legit gives me anxiety when she rings 😂 I always pretend I’ve got a call at the same time and duck off to a room far far away 😭🥱
Stuff that! I’m with you. 😂
I’m never on the call when MIL rings. I leave that up to my husband and just to tell him to give her my best. I wouldn’t expect him to be on the phone when my mum calls. Such odd behaviour imo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.