What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My car being broken!! And when I rang to book it in the man didn’t do it so I’m now another 3 days without it! Why are some people just tit at their jobs?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My downstairs neighbours 🙄 they talk so bloody loudly and always giggling and screeching. Can you not just have fun quietly 😂 can't tell if they've got mates round but it sounds like it tonight.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Upstairs having sex. Loudly. Hopefully they’ll be done in a minute.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My job is really starting to wind me up.
I work in a GP practice which is hard and tough enough as it is without management being absolute arseholes about everything! I actually love my work, I love most of our patients, I love helping people but today, I was sat in the back office, management were also sat in there for the first few hours. I answered call after call, I'd answered 96 calls between 8am and 12pm, they could see how busy I was. They didn't answer any calls to help get the queue down & at 12pm when I was about to go for lunch, my manager says to me 'how come you're behind on registrations'!!!!! I'm sorry.... have you not been sat here watching how much I'm doing whilst you sit there on your phone, drinking your bleeping tea!!! I wish I'd said it out loud. Honestly, I'm going to snap soon. She is the laziest woman I have ever met, all she does is eat and pick at people. Barely does any work all day, watches netflix in her office when she's meant to be working, watches me struggling with calls, has a brand new range rover outside the door and has the audacity to question why I'm a little behind on my work! There's 6 of us that work in the office, we are rushed off our feet all day, we get told one minute to prioritise calls as we have 26,000 patients and then the next minute she's questioning us as to why we are a little behind!!! Rant over.
Once again, I am going to take the side of the doctors.

When you fall behind, it's the doctors who get bad publicity. Surely you must know how much work doctors have after seeing patients. Your job in part is to answer calls.

26000 is a large number, how many doctors are there.

As someone who used to be involved in that field, I can't honestly say I feel bad for you.

She's the practice manager but is also a partner so would be extremely difficult to approach another partner in confidence I would imagine. We are being run in to the ground. It will obviously be busy in the middle of a pandemic but we simply do not have enough staff and we are getting extra work added on each day. We are also taking over another surgeries patients in May so God help us all. They've even added vaccination clinics on for Saturdays and Sundays, haven't even asked us and just expected that we will all work 7 days per week due to the 'needs of the business'. What about our needs?!
If you are taking over other surgeries you might get some of their staff.

If you are not getting extra staff, just be glad that you are not the ones getting taken over and loosing your job.

It may sound harsh but you are talking as if you have no idea of what else goes on in a practice.

Last edited:
Green bananas
The shops seem to be full of them, hardly a semi-ripe to be found.
😠

Reactions: 4
Once again, I am going to take the side of the doctors.

When you fall behind, it's the doctors who get bad publicity. Surely you must know how much work doctors have after seeing patients. Your job in part is to answer calls.

26000 is a large number, how many doctors are there.

As someone who used to be involved in that field, I can't honestly say I feel bad for you.

If you are taking over other surgeries you might get some of their staff.

If you are not getting extra staff, just be glad that you are not the ones getting taken over and loosing your job.

It may sound harsh but you are talking as if you have no idea of what else goes on in a practice.
I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I have the utmost respect for all of the GP's that work in the practice, they support us as much as they can, as do we to them. They do an amazing job. There are 6 GP's, 2 nurses. We will be getting extra staff as 3 of their admin staff are coming to us. So that's definitely a positive. My post is simply about 1 person, the practice manager. She's not supportive, we work as hard as we possibly can, there's always a negative to everything, sometimes it's just nice to have some sort of gratitude for how hard your staff are working. They have a very high staff turnover and there's clearly a valid reason for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My boss. I haven’t even started work yet and i CBA to see her all day. Micro managing. Kill me.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I have the utmost respect for all of the GP's that work in the practice, they support us as much as they can, as do we to them. They do an amazing job. There are 6 GP's, 2 nurses. We will be getting extra staff as 3 of their admin staff are coming to us. So that's definitely a positive. My post is simply about 1 person, the practice manager. She's not supportive, we work as hard as we possibly can, there's always a negative to everything, sometimes it's just nice to have some sort of gratitude for how hard your staff are working. They have a very high staff turnover and there's clearly a valid reason for that.
I didn't mean to sound harsh, my father is a retired GP and my brother is a working GP, so I am obviously more likely to see things from their side. It's hard to get people to work as GPs, my brother almost had to join another practice as he couldn't recruit doctors to work as GPs.

What the public and associated admin staff should remember is the doctor will always find another post, if he decides to become a locum he/she will earn far more with less responsibilities.

But if a surgery closes, patients will suffer as they probably will have to travel more.

I have said previously, I prefer the time when there were less clinics and smaller patient lists, when there was a closer relationship between staff, doctors and patients.

unfortunately those times are long gone, and things are more business orientated, so staff will have to work harder.

Forgot to add, the practice manager is responsible to make sure all the admin side is upto the mark, and whilst you work while you are there the managers and doctors still have plenty of work to do at home.

Forgot to add, the practice manager is responsible to make sure all the admin side is upto the mark, and whilst you work while you are there the managers and doctors still have plenty of work to do at home.

Reactions: 2
People copying the instagrammers and putting things in crates/baskets inside cupboards, kitchen cupboards mainly and all evenly spaced too . .
Like, how much storage space is actually wasted doing this?? And now, hanging crisps, sachets and bags of stuff on a tension hook in cupboards. . WTF?
I cringe for these sheep, I really do.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
People copying the instagrammers and putting things in crates/baskets inside cupboards, kitchen cupboards mainly and all evenly spaced too . .
Like, how much storage space is actually wasted doing this?? And now, hanging crisps, sachets and bags of stuff on a tension hook in cupboards. . WTF?
I cringe for these sheep, I really do.
And me! And the obsessive labelling. It’s a glass jar, you can SEE it’s spaghetti FFS 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's hammering down with rain here, I have about a 25 minute drive to the office and the whole way my window wipers have been making an awful rubbing noise on my window. Even with the radio up I could still hear it. It was driving me insane :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
The news being about the royals and very little else. I understand it's a hot story at the moment but there's only so much they can say without starting to repeat themselves a million times.

I just want to know wtf is going on in the world and domestically, not what the PR team for the palace has said analysed a million ways or an interview with some random person to get their views on things

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Everything hurts or aches it has random spasms
My back ....bleeping sick of it
hip and arse agony due to piriformis syndrome compressing my sciatic nerve ffs
My elbows
Everything
Is this my life
We bought an expensive memory foam mattress topper ( not bragging we saved up for it) even that fucks me off, trying to turn over in bed is like trying to turn over in quicksand
The pillows feel like they are suffocating me
Random hair swishes across my face
Fucked off everynight get up fucked off
Got to the stage where it’s more comfortable to sleep sat up on the sofa
😭 feel sorry for myself

thank you for reading I just wanted to get it off my chest

• Heart
Unnecessary pressure at work.

I’m working from home and have been for a year now. Is it really necessary to keep telling us we need to complete fire safety training by the end of the month when we’re so busy anyway? I work part time and struggle to fit in additional work.

Also, I tend to work on specific things that the rest of the team don’t deal with. It’s been this way for several years now because it works, I’m good at it and it fits well with my hours. I log on at the start of my working week and I’ve been sent yet more work by other members of the team who have no idea of my workload. Better still, this was sent after I’d logged off for the week last week and it has a start date of today, the first day I’ve come back in. How am I the best person to deal with this?

Add to that the fact that we’ve got a brand new system and I’m behind on learning it because I work reduced hours and just haven’t had time!

• Heart
My friend had a baby last weekend and I posted a big bundle of teddies/clothes/nappies etc as a little gift as I can’t see her. I sent it recorded delivery and was notified that it was delivered... she’s spoken to me every day this week and hasn’t said thank you even though I know she’s received it 🙃
Omg people who don’t say thank you 🤷‍♀️
Went to a baby shower for a good friend who is lovely got her lots of stuff .... nothing, nada never mentioned them ever or anything else she got
She was the same when she got married everyone at work gave her money (we work together) .... nothing no thank you not even a group email to everyone at work to say thanks
I just don’t get it as she is a really nice person but obviously doesnt give a tit about manners

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I had a message at 10:49 PM from a client asking if I could quickly do something for them that was urgent ... I responded to say yes, if they sent it through within the next few minutes as it's close to my bedtime. I've messaged them three times since to follow up - each time they've responded, "almost there!" ... It's now 12:02 AM and still nothing! :mad: I've just messaged them to say 30 more minutes, or else they'll have to find someone else.

Omg people who don’t say thank you 🤷‍♀️
Went to a baby shower for a good friend who is lovely got her lots of stuff .... nothing, nada never mentioned them ever or anything else she got
She was the same when she got married everyone at work gave her money (we work together) .... nothing no thank you not even a group email to everyone at work to say thanks
I just don’t get it as she is a really nice person but obviously doesnt give a tit about manners
People are so rude! The kids in our family never say thank you for anything we get them. I mentioned it to my mother-in-law once as I knew it would get back to their mother in a flash (which it did); it didn't do any good though.

When you don’t answer your phone to a customer (already on the phone) and they ring 17 times back to back.

GET FUCKED. If I did the same you’d say it was harassment!!!

• Angry
  • Heart
I ordered something from matalan for my mum
For Mother’s day at the end of feb, should have been delivered by the 8th March and it hasn’t even been dispatched yet. Can’t get through to them on the phone as the phone lines are closed. It looks like I need to find an alternative present 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.