What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgetting to take a pound for the trolley, and having to go home again and get one as had no other cast on me to get change.
Put an obsolete Yale type key on your keyring and use that in the trolley instead of a coin.

Reactions: 2
This thread was what I needed today because something I suppose quite trivial happened today but really wound me up. Was walking to my car from Tesco's and was parked towards the back ish. This is where people had just left their trolleys. I thought jeez that's so lazy when the trolley bay wasn't even that far away. I preceded to take my trolley back and in that time TWO bozos took their trolley to the 'abandoned' trolleys!
It was probably the same distance as the actual bay.
Also, I now have a child so look to park in the designated spaces so that I can get her out and into the sling easier. I now find myself looking at all the cars to see if they have a seat 😂 it really riles me up when there isn't a space free for me but then I see people leave with NO child.
I probably shouldn't be the one to do the shopping😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This thread was what I needed today because something I suppose quite trivial happened today but really wound me up. Was walking to my car from Tesco's and was parked towards the back ish. This is where people had just left their trolleys. I thought jeez that's so lazy when the trolley bay wasn't even that far away. I preceded to take my trolley back and in that time TWO bozos took their trolley to the 'abandoned' trolleys!
It was probably the same distance as the actual bay.
Also, I now have a child so look to park in the designated spaces so that I can get her out and into the sling easier. I now find myself looking at all the cars to see if they have a seat 😂 it really riles me up when there isn't a space free for me but then I see people leave with NO child.
I probably shouldn't be the one to do the shopping😂
Oh don’t get me started on the idiots who park in parent child spaces when they have no child 🤬 Selfish twats. I would actually prefer if those spaces were at the back of the car park because then those idiots wouldn’t want them, and I don’t care about being closer I just want a bigger space so I don’t bash cars next to me!

Reactions: 4
Oh don’t get me started on the idiots who park in parent child spaces when they have no child 🤬 Selfish twats. I would actually prefer if those spaces were at the back of the car park because then those idiots wouldn’t want them, and I don’t care about being closer I just want a bigger space so I don’t bash cars next to me!
Yes! I said this, I mean the whole car park is hardly a marathon to get to the shop 🤔 it's so difficult isn't it when you haven't got much space. Especially when I try and get the car seat out!

Reactions: 3
My MIL is on facetime and she always sings the bloody Teletubbies theme tune

I mean thats bad enough but she bloody sings it wrong?

Its 'say EH-OH' but she says 'say hello'

It does my head in

Maybe it just does my head in cos that's what I hear for 30 minutes twice a day

Can you tell im typing this while she's on the phone 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12

It does my head in

finally we're getting a live report!! 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

It does my head in

My mum went through a stage where she was obsessed with teletubbies. To the extent where she'd watch it every day and my dad bought her a talking LaLa for a wedding anniversary. She was very keen on teletubby based interactions and gifts for the grandchildren so I can relate a bit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

It does my head in

Does she call every day, twice a day? I purposely don’t even answer the phone when my MIL calls.

Does she call every day, twice a day? I purposely don’t even answer the phone when my MIL calls.
Yeah, I ignore her when she rings just me. But my fella answers. They are super close. It makes me cringe admitting it but he has a Mum tattoo 🥴 proper Mummys boy. It does my head in 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah, I ignore her when she rings just me. But my fella answers. They are super close. It makes me cringe admitting it but he has a Mum tattoo 🥴 proper Mummys boy. It does my head in 😂
My MIL means well, but every day Monday - Friday when I’m working I get a text saying things like “work hard, keep steady, get lots of work done” etc, and then on a Wednesday she’ll be like “you’re half way through the week, you can do it” and on a Friday I get “yippeee it’s Friday, work hard and then you can enjoy your weekend!”
It winds me up and makes me laugh in equal measures. I’m 32 and in a fairly decent job where I manage myself... I don’t need to be told to work hard, I DO work hard 😂😂
The “keep steady” makes me laugh, it’s as if she thinks I’m sat in my office having a nervous breakdown or something.
I know she means well, but every morning I get that message and it takes every ounce of strength not to text her back and say “OH WILL YOU JUST duck OFF?!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My MIL means well, but every day Monday - Friday when I’m working I get a text saying things like “work hard, keep steady, get lots of work done” etc, and then on a Wednesday she’ll be like “you’re half way through the week, you can do it” and on a Friday I get “yippeee it’s Friday, work hard and then you can enjoy your weekend!”
It winds me up and makes me laugh in equal measures. I’m 32 and in a fairly decent job where I manage myself... I don’t need to be told to work hard, I DO work hard 😂😂
The “keep steady” makes me laugh, it’s as if she thinks I’m sat in my office having a nervous breakdown or something.
I know she means well, but every morning I get that message and it takes every ounce of strength not to text her back and say “OH WILL YOU JUST duck OFF?!”
hahaha this has proper tickled me 🤣

I seen this tray in home and bargain before. They had loads in this style and it was only about £7 so thought I’d try and find a better one online - then I come across someone selling the exact same one with the picture lifted off the home and bargain website for nearly 4x the price. Their whole shop is basically H&B +400% on top. Can’t stand people who rip others off. These type of people put me off Etsy

B2B33D10-FBFB-4B1D-8E3D-820A3900B73E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I seen this tray in home and bargain before. They had loads in this style and it was only about £7 so thought I’d try and find a better one online - then I come across someone selling the exact same one with the picture lifted off the home and bargain website for nearly 4x the price. Their whole shop is basically H&B +400% on top. Can’t stand people who rip others off. These type of people put me off Etsy

View attachment 447595
These are the same people that say ‘support small businesses’ yeah I’d also like to be able to pay my mortgage which I won’t be able to if I buy your overpriced products 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Forgetting to take a pound for the trolley, and having to go home again and get one as had no other cast on me to get change.
You can get key rings that are tokens for these trolleys. I had one that I always kept in the car but then I lost it so now I'm back to cursing when I forget a pound. I should buy a new one really.

Reactions: 1
What’s pissed me off today is the fact that Prince Charles can visit Phillip in hospital but no one else can visit their loved ones. So many people have died alone because of restrictions, so many haven’t seen their loved ones during tough times.

My husband can’t come to our pregnancy scans even though it’s his baby just as much as mine. I lost one of my twins and wasn’t able to see family for comfort. Everyone going through tough times has had to manage without family this year.

Also annoys me that celebrities can have fun, film shows, do photo shoots and hang out with mates on set and call it work because they can get tested every morning while us plebs FaceTime our families for the millionth time.

There shouldn’t be one rule for everyone else and special circumstances for the privileged few.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.