What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So!
i appreciate we’re on lockdown and everyone is missing their family, HOWEVER! my boyfriend has facetimed his parents every night for the last week and does it intentionally when I mention I’m bored so that I can be in on the call with no excuse, so I usually have to sit there for 30-90 minutes grinning into a small screen and dying for the call to end. We have JUST gotten in from an hour long run (i know it’s late but yno) and as soon as we get in the door, his dad facetimes him! I refused to be on camera due to my red face and need for a shower and received quiteeee a few passive aggressive comments because I wouldn’t be in on the call, but surely after a week of facetime calls with no developments in either of our personal life’s, another one was surely abit excessive!! We live in a small apartment so I went for a “shower” (aka 10 min shower and 55 minute stand in the bathroom on my phone) until the call ended and I have just been confronted on why i’ve avoided speaking to his parents.

I know they miss him but before the last few months they never even bothered with him! I do like his parents and love speaking to them when we have things to say but I’m tired of facetiming them every night for no reason, am I bad person?:(
no you're not. No offence but they aren't your parents? Why are you expected to show up to every call? If he wants to talk to them that's fine but what's it got to do with you. As long as you say hi why doesn't matter? Have you asked him why he's so thing about you being there?
Also you're hardly 'avoiding speaking to them' if you've spoke to them every night this week!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree with birdiefly, they are not your parents . My husband is close to his parents but he doesn’t call them everyday , there’s nothing to say if no one is going out . I understand they probably all miss each other But if my husband is on the phone to his parents and I’m in the same room I say hi and that’s it .. if I’m not in the same room he certainly doesn’t get the hump or ask me why I haven’t spoken to them .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Boyfriend broke something else of mine today. The 5th thing he has broken this week alone🙄 1st time is a mistake but the 5th?🙄
I wonder if the items he is breaking he wants to replace them for you, but with something of HIS choice.

Many a time my ex used to say to me, “I don’t like such-and-such that you have in your house. Let me buy you something else, or something different.” It was his way of trying to control me. 😡

I always refused the offer of his gifts and then he used to get mad at me, calling me ungrateful etc.

I do hope you are not finding yourself in a similar situation.

Reactions: 5
Just the usual suspects who make the news for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 3
I know in this time my problem isn't the worst but I am so fed up with not getting any post through at all.

We have had two postal deliveries in the last two months. I have four parcels which are now missing and I am having to chase retailers for refunds. Our sorting office is completely deluged and nothing is coming out. The only deliveries I receive are from Amazon - which arrive the next day. Thank goodness for them.

I know many people who are waiting in vain for NHS appointments, responses from job applications, medication or bank cards. There are even cases of people who've had to pay the full parking/motoring fines and not half because of the late arrival of post.

I have a neighbourhood app which is full of nasty arguments between those residents who are furious about the situation and others saying it's a pandemic and who needs post when everything is now done online.

Reactions: 7
Mine is soooooo petty but a friend of mine always finds a way to point out she’s done something first... so if I recommend a book or a TV show or anything her response is always ‘Oh yeah, I watched/read that a couple of years ago’ ...I would understand if I was doing this one on one but in a group chat or even as a reply to my Instagram story is a bit much. It’s not even to try to engage in a conversation about whether it was any good, it’s like she just wants to show off? I really like her but I find it grating 😂

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Mine is soooooo petty but a friend of mine always finds a way to point out she’s done something first... so if I recommend a book or a TV show or anything her response is always ‘Oh yeah, I watched/read that a couple of years ago’ ...I would understand if I was doing this one on one but in a group chat or even as a reply to my Instagram story is a bit much. It’s not even to try to engage in a conversation about whether it was any good, it’s like she just wants to show off? I really like her but I find it grating 😂
that would do my head in. I can't stand the if you've been to Tenerife she's been to elevenerife thing. Just no need. It's not even that you've done it first, it's the way it's said!!

I wonder if the items he is breaking he wants to replace them for you, but with something of HIS choice.

Many a time my ex used to say to me, “I don’t like such-and-such that you have in your house. Let me buy you something else, or something different.” It was his way of trying to control me. 😡

I always refused the offer of his gifts and then he used to get mad at me, calling me ungrateful etc.

I do hope you are not finding yourself in a similar situation.
I was thinking exactly this. My other thought was is he breaking is own stuff? Cause if it's just OP's stuff then that's a major red flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It snowed ! I cleared the snow at the front and neighbour seems to have missed her bit and blames me for it not being done.Crass and P'd off indeed.

Reactions: 1
So!
i appreciate we’re on lockdown and everyone is missing their family, HOWEVER! my boyfriend has facetimed his parents every night for the last week and does it intentionally when I mention I’m bored so that I can be in on the call with no excuse, so I usually have to sit there for 30-90 minutes grinning into a small screen and dying for the call to end. We have JUST gotten in from an hour long run (i know it’s late but yno) and as soon as we get in the door, his dad facetimes him! I refused to be on camera due to my red face and need for a shower and received quiteeee a few passive aggressive comments because I wouldn’t be in on the call, but surely after a week of facetime calls with no developments in either of our personal life’s, another one was surely abit excessive!! We live in a small apartment so I went for a “shower” (aka 10 min shower and 55 minute stand in the bathroom on my phone) until the call ended and I have just been confronted on why i’ve avoided speaking to his parents.

I know they miss him but before the last few months they never even bothered with him! I do like his parents and love speaking to them when we have things to say but I’m tired of facetiming them every night for no reason, am I bad person?:(
OMG this would wind me up so much. I always avoid my husband's parents when he Facetimes them because I can't be arsed with the pointless conversation since no one is going anywhere/doing anything. Oh and the fact they always seem surprised to see him. It says on your phone before you answer it FFS.

Reactions: 9
Ooh glad I found this thread, just wanted a rant about something but if I put it on my FB I’ll def piss people off!
Are we in a bloody lockdown or not? I’ve just taken my kids on our obligatory dog walk/scoot around the village. We passed the park. They’re asking me to go in, I’m saying no, we shouldn’t be mixing, we’re keeping distant. In the park I can see three school mums sitting together at a picnic bench while their 7 kids play with each other. At least three other couples are in there with kids too. What’s the point in closing schools if loads of the kids are mixing at the bloody park?? I can’t see my sister but those mums can hang out together??
Not to mention all the families going out to shops together and people wandering around the places that are open just for shits and giggles when it’s not essential to be out. Does my head in!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I got woken up by my next-door neighbours having loud sex at half-past midnight and then again at 7am! It took me ages to get back to sleep both times! Luckily i rarely hear them but I think I was mainly pissed off because i was in the mood when i went to up to bed last night but my partner wanted to watch Match of The day so hearing my neighbours going at it instead of us wasn't fun :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
My husband hasn’t been well. During he was sent home from work as he had turned yellow. I managed to get him to the GP that afternoon. 21 hours later the GP calls to say that he needs to be seen in hospital. He’s had scans and tests. They’ve found a growth.

His consultant suggests he meets with him and they get me in to go through everything.
I was in the bath at the time.

So while I was blow drying my hair, I could feel my phone vibrating. It’s not hubby, it’s not the kids. It’s people are are also known to some family members. Sending me messages that they are sorry to hear about the cancer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Turns out a family member has been told that he has a growth and seems to have loved the drama of telling everyone. They are now in a huff after I told them they had no right to share this news and it’s not their news to share as it’s a growth and as I had only found out an hour before I wasn’t happy with them. They’re now in a huff with me not realising that we haven’t had time to process things ourselves and didn’t want the world to know.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
My husband hasn’t been well. During he was sent home from work as he had turned yellow. I managed to get him to the GP that afternoon. 21 hours later the GP calls to say that he needs to be seen in hospital. He’s had scans and tests. They’ve found a growth.

His consultant suggests he meets with him and they get me in to go through everything.

So while I was blow drying my hair, I could feel my phone vibrating. It’s not hubby, it’s not the kids. It’s people are are also known to some family members. Sending me messages that they are sorry to hear about the cancer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Turns out a family member has been told that he has a growth and seems to have loved the drama of telling everyone. They are now in a huff after I told them they had no right to share this news and it’s not their news to share as it’s a growth and as I had only found out an hour before I wasn’t happy with them. They’re now in a huff with me not realising that we haven’t had time to process things ourselves and didn’t want the world to know.
At this moment in time, just concentrate on your husband, yourself and your children.

Don't waste your energy on these others.

When it's all sorted, then deal with these others.

Lots of love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I would be really annoyed (understatement) at this too. I’ve never understood why some people feel the need to share other people’s business!

I would just ignore them for now, let them huff - not your problem. They shouldn’t have shared something like that. Hope your husband is ok x

Ooh glad I found this thread, just wanted a rant about something but if I put it on my FB I’ll def piss people off!
Are we in a bloody lockdown or not? I’ve just taken my kids on our obligatory dog walk/scoot around the village. We passed the park. They’re asking me to go in, I’m saying no, we shouldn’t be mixing, we’re keeping distant. In the park I can see three school mums sitting together at a picnic bench while their 7 kids play with each other. At least three other couples are in there with kids too. What’s the point in closing schools if loads of the kids are mixing at the bloody park?? I can’t see my sister but those mums can hang out together??
Not to mention all the families going out to shops together and people wandering around the places that are open just for shits and giggles when it’s not essential to be out. Does my head in!
I feel the same! I scrolled through my insta stories this morning and there were at least 5 people who had all mixed with friends for drinks, at each others houses, in cars with each other.

We went to walk my dog round the park today and it was rammed, lots of people obviously mixing. We stayed on the grass away from busy paths but people aren’t even bothering to give you space to walk past anymore. Those same people will be moaning about lockdown and how fed up they are with the restrictions!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Mine is not bad but bloody annoying. I bought a bedroom TV which I said I would never do but gave in in November and love it. My husband was watching Match of the Day downstairs early morning so I go back to bed to catch up with Married At First Sight and watch Sunday Brunch, cup of tea, a few biccies and Tablet for Tattle. So up he comes to ask if I want another cuppa, no thanks still got one, so he lays down on the bed. ( It is a King size so we have lots of space each) and within 5 mins he is snoring like a pig - drives me mad all the time. So I give him a poke and wake him up - I am not snoring he says. OK. 5 mins later he is doing it again so I go round and make him get out of bed and go down to his own TV. Leave me alone when I am with my new TV :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.