What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And it will be the people who stand on the highest soap boxes bleating on about “help starting at home” who have never and have no intention of doing anything to help anyone
I give an awful lot to my local charities and individual homeless people. When we have a huge thing like this, all the local charities suffer a drastic loss.
Every man and his dog is now collecting for Ukraine most will not even get to the people who need it.

I have never said either covid or the Ukraine crisis to be a hoax but they are 100% manipulated to look much worse then they were/are.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
And it will be the people who stand on the highest soap boxes bleating on about “help starting at home” who have never and have no intention of doing anything to help anyone
Oh yea... i would defo like to check their bank statements for charity donations and the last they they donated to a food bank 🙄

I give an awful lot to my local charities and individual homeless people. When we have a huge thing like this, all the local charities suffer a drastic loss.
Every man and his dog is now collecting for Ukraine most will not even get to the people who need it.

I have never said either covid or the Ukraine crisis to be a hoax but they are 100% manipulated to look much worse then they were/are.
I suppose bombs arent THAT bad are they... 😂🙈

Some people in my team are completely stupid.

On Tuesday, I returned to work after 3 weeks off due to bereavement. Today, I received an invite from someone in my team who wants to have a catch-up on what I will be covering in his absence starting in two weeks. This person never covered any of my work during my absence and is expecting me to have a chat with him to willingly absorb some more work when I'm already drowning after three weeks off and an inability to concentrate. To top it all off, it looks as though every task not requiring any support has been assigned to other team members and the big chunk left under my name. Unbelievable. I'm already subjected to more work than the rest of my team because every ad-hoc project falls into my lap (on top of my day to day). Shocking. I'm on the verge of handing in my resignation right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Because one million refugees within a week suddenly woke up and decided: HEY, I'm gonna change countries. Carrying only a backpack. With my crying child. And also leave my husband behind, cause I'm kinda tired of him. Not because Russia is bombing my city and turning the streets I loved into rubble.

And doctors and nurses that have been at the front of the COVID-19 pandemic are just exaggerating when they talk about the horrors they've seen. Almost a million dead in the US within two years isn't that bad. Millions facing symptoms for months, some now even years, after "recovering" isn't that bad. Orphaned kids isn't that bad.

FFS.

I'm annoyed with people in general but those willing to be swayed by the Russian propaganda machine the most. Among other things, I'm a historian. And we've seen this play out before, many times. But hey, whatever, be cool and say you're not a sheep and things aren't that bad.

On Tuesday, I returned to work after 3 weeks off due to bereavement. Today, I received an invite from someone in my team who wants to have a catch-up on what I will be covering in his absence starting in two weeks. This person never covered any of my work during my absence and is expecting me to have a chat with him to willingly absorb some more work when I'm already drowning after three weeks off and an inability to concentrate. To top it all off, it looks as though every task not requiring any support has been assigned to other team members and the big chunk left under my name. Unbelievable. I'm already subjected to more work than the rest of my team because every ad-hoc project falls into my lap (on top of my day to day). Shocking. I'm on the verge of handing in my resignation right now.
This is my honest advice based on something that worked for me at a past position: stop going above and beyond. From your posts you sound like a really hard worker, ethical, and someone who likes to excel at what they do. I am the same and I know it is hard to think this way but as long as you keep accomplishing all the unfair things that come your way, they will keep adding to your pile. Because you deliver. It's super unfair, but people are abusive. So just, do the bare minimum. If they get mad, tell them those things are not feasible within your work schedule and if they truly need to get them done, they should spread the work across employees AND give you overtime. I don't know the labor laws where you are, but check your contract. Often, if they let you go under certain conditions, they need to give you severance, which would be better than resigning and getting nothing. In any case, please don't continue to burn yourself over a company that doesn't care <3

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
When I moved , I changed our nominated pharmacy for our prescriptions from the one in the town centre to one nearer our house. Last time , it still got sent to the old one. I phoned up and got it changed and they ensured me it would go to the new one next time . I've been trying collct it, and it's not there and we aren't on their system. We got a text saying our prescription was being processed so I must be somewhere so I'll have to trail to the other one to see if it's there

@QueenBW Thank you so much for your kind words.

You're right, I need to start setting boundaries. I've always had a hard time out of fear they'll get rid of me. However, at this point, having a random co-worker at my level asking me to absorb their work without even discussing it with the manager is no-go. My contract clearly stipulates all overtime is unpaid regardless of your level. It's been my issue for the past 2 years since working 10-12 hours a day is routine for me unfortunately.

• Heart
Weird dreams annoying me atm feeling like I’ve not had much sleep cause my brain has been playing a full length feature film all night 😩 Some are so vivid to wake up not knowing what year it is. Been like this my whole life but particularly bad the last few weeks

• Sad
That my bf changed the parameters on our ring doorbell so that he can see his van on the camera when he has to leave it further up the road. But now every time someone even walks past the house it picks their movement up and sends me a notification that there's someone at my door. I've had about 20 this morning already! So annoying.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Ensured someone was at home from 1-6 yesterday for a gas safety check. No one turned up and no one called.

My husband. Someone has to be with our dog constantly as she is post-op. I've had to sleep in the living room with her for a week on the sofa. He hasn't offered to and I'm too ill to argue, both mentally and physically. My spine is already shot.

But I'm alive and I'm warm.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Lazy people that can't be bothered to read an email trail so they email you (from the same trail) to ask a question that was answered a few days ago :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Lazy people that can't be bothered to read an email trail so they email you (from the same trail) to ask a question that was answered a few days ago :rolleyes:
I had someone tell me earlier that they’d get someone to send an email for them (because they don’t know how). They’re not even that old either, like late 50s? How do these people get through life?

• Haha
Stupid work decisions. Can't really go into detail, but I'm just so tired of people making decisions that affect others based on this false idea that the pandemic is over and we should all move on. I live with elderly, immuno compromised parents. I have a chronic illness myself. I'd prefer not risking my life or my baseline health because some jerk up in the hierarchy wants me to.

• Heart
  • Sad
Audi Drivers.

I can say with confidence that anyone who drives an audi is a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Audi Drivers.

I can say with confidence that anyone who drives an audi is a bleep.

I have driven just about every make of car there is, my first car was an Audi I am not and never was a bleep. My 2nd car was Granada and I was never an old grandad. nor a granny when I drove a Volvo and always used my indicators when I drove my BMW. No matter the make of the car my driving is always the same. I am courteous and let people out, I always indicate and never tailgate or hold up traffic

People who only see what they want to see are very irritating. My ex hated women drivers and always jumped on the fact that someone driving badly was a woman, he never seem to see those who were men. he was blind to bad men drivers.

• Heart

Do it get a job at Butlins..more fun..

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I tried Marmite for the first time ever and am annoyed I lost close to €4 on this. Who would do this to themselves and at breakfast? Heck no.

I watched a few YouTube videos of people trying it for the first time and thought: "It can't be that bad". Well, I hate to say this because it's food, but it really is. The smell is very deceiving because it smells a lot better than it tastes! God, I'm more of a savoury person, but this thing is like pouring a salt bucket into your mouth.

The fact that some people use this for breakfast is shocking. This thing has no place on any market lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I tried Marmite for the first time ever and am annoyed I lost close to €4 on this. Who would do this to themselves and at breakfast? Heck no.

I watched a few YouTube videos of people trying it for the first time and thought: "It can't be that bad". Well, I hate to say this because it's food, but it really is. The smell is very deceiving because it smells a lot better than it tastes! God, I'm more of a savoury person, but this thing is like pouring a salt bucket into your mouth.

The fact that some people use this for breakfast is shocking. This thing has no place on any market lol.
It’s disgusting

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.