What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds like the lady next door, she absolutely hates other women who she feels is a rival. She has had numerous rows with women but never seems to have a problem around men. She flirts like a 15 yo and is in her 50s. Last summer she was flirting around the workmen doing the garden fence and even asked them if they would like a shower, while glaring over the fence at my friends who were younger than her who where in my garden 🤣
Oh wow, yes it sounds similar! It's strange how people go on isn't it.. that flirting with the workmen is just embarrassing..

I don't understand why she would have a problem with me, I am always nice to her, I smile at her even when I feel like I just want to stick my middle finger up in her face.. Offer her a glass of wine when she's over... but it's just the sly looks I get, which she probably thinks I don't notice lol, almost like my presence is annoying her. My boyfriend comes in and she's all smiles.. asking him how his day was, if he's ok, how's work going.. blah blah pass me a flipping bucket blah.. :LOL:

When I just want a bit of support from my own mother all I get is 'don't let it wind you up' .. 'ignore it' UGH!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds like the lady next door, she absolutely hates other women who she feels is a rival. She has had numerous rows with women but never seems to have a problem around men. She flirts like a 15 yo and is in her 50s. Last summer she was flirting around the workmen doing the garden fence and even asked them if they would like a shower, while glaring over the fence at my friends who were younger than her who where in my garden 🤣
This sounds like my neighbour also 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh wow, yes it sounds similar! It's strange how people go on isn't it.. that flirting with the workmen is just embarrassing..

I don't understand why she would have a problem with me, I am always nice to her, I smile at her even when I feel like I just want to stick my middle finger up in her face.. Offer her a glass of wine when she's over... but it's just the sly looks I get, which she probably thinks I don't notice lol, almost like my presence is annoying her. My boyfriend comes in and she's all smiles.. asking him how his day was, if he's ok, how's work going.. blah blah pass me a flipping bucket blah.. :LOL:

When I just want a bit of support from my own mother all I get is 'don't let it wind you up' .. 'ignore it' UGH!
Does she act the same with your brother as with your BF? These types of women don't seem to have appropriate boundaries.

i know its hard to ignore but you should act like she isn't there if she does it. Your mum should be supporting you though, me and my daughter laugh about the one next door and the more of a joke you make of them the easier it is to not take it seriously. How can you? its a ridicules situation she makes herself look a tool

I’ve put on so much weight, nothing fits me anymore. I can’t even fit into my boyfriends jeans now.

Don’t even want to go out the house but I have to go to work. I feel so disgusted with myself 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Does she act the same with your brother as with your BF? These types of women don't seem to have appropriate boundaries.

i know its hard to ignore but you should act like she isn't there if she does it. Your mum should be supporting you though, me and my daughter laugh about the one next door and the more of a joke you make of them the easier it is to not take it seriously. How can you? its a ridicules situation she makes herself look a tool
Yeah she does… she cooks for him, does his washing… asks him to do odd jobs around the house… treats him basically like he’s her child too. Refers to him as her family!🙄 after everything my family have been through in the last 2 years (which she is fully aware of as her and my mum are friends) it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth. My brother is polite though and he doesn’t want to offend anyone but when he’s home with just me and my mum he does moan about her😂 I hardly see him because he’s always with his girlfriend & mum at their house so when he comes home it’s nice to see him and have banter with him!! I’ve explained this to my mum and she does understand and she’s noticed it.. she’s my biggest support.. and biggest fan (as she says) but it’s hard because her and witch woman are friends. But it’s good advice what you said, I will completely ignore her when she’s there and pretend like she’s not there… it will probably get right on her nerves but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Tough!!

What is going on with the weather? I'm seriously sick of all this rain. It's been raining every single day since October/November and the forecast doesn't show any improvements for next week. So miserable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Do we share the same neighbour 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People who can’t spell my name correctly in response to an email - where my name is shown TWICE - once as a ‘from’, and at the bottom where I write ‘kind regards, my name’.

It was for a job application. It’s things like this that put me off going for some companies.

Reactions: 4
I’ve put on so much weight, nothing fits me anymore. I can’t even fit into my boyfriends jeans now.

Don’t even want to go out the house but I have to go to work. I feel so disgusted with myself 😢
Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone here ♥

It’s a horrible feeling but so easy to end up feeling like it. We had an “excuse” for so long in that we weren’t seeing many people and all of a sudden that excuse is taken away from us and it’s like… tit. But SO many people will be feeling like that so please try not to worry, everyone has their insecurities and you’ll be your own worst critic.

Reactions: 5
Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone here ♥

It’s a horrible feeling but so easy to end up feeling like it. We had an “excuse” for so long in that we weren’t seeing many people and all of a sudden that excuse is taken away from us and it’s like… tit. But SO many people will be feeling like that so please try not to worry, everyone has their insecurities and you’ll be your own worst critic.
I'd also like to add that it's cliche but true: our weight - whether it's high, low, or medium- is the least interesting thing about us. So while you get back to your routine, with more movement and less comfort foods, just buy a couple of garments in a larger size to tide you over and remember to be kind to yourself. Even when we don't love how we look, our bodies still are doing a lot for us and, corny as it sounds, they're our only forever home.

Much love to you gals <3

Following from the drama of my brothers girlfriends mum 😂 - so this morning MY mum has suggested that we all go out for dinner once we are all paid.. woo fun occasion I'll probably end up with a fork in my eye if I so much as look at my brother! This dinner will also include my boyfriend too.. which is weird because the girlfriends mum and my boyfriend get on like a house on fire.. honestly it's the weirdest situation 😂 but it seems to be only me she has the issue with.. Even my mum has noticed it but she still goes ahead and plans these fun times out even though she knows it makes me feel awkward.. You know when you really just want to ask someone what the hell their problem is but you don't want to cause an atmosphere? Thank god for tattle to vent 😂
I’d probably have a couple of glasses of wine and ask her 🙈🙈🙈 or if she says something catty to you, take her to task on it. I can’t stand people like this

• Heart

I did some outdoor excursions with my dad during parts of the pandemic and borrowed his cargo shorts for one trip. They fit me perfectly but were too big on him when he gave them to me. They’re officially snug on me!! It doesn’t feel great but I say to myself at least I’m not starving anymore. I was out the other day and saw other women my age that remained active and it was jarring. Idk, my quality of life (sleep, mental clarity, happiness, bits and pieces of spare energy) has gone up with my weight gain. I don’t have any way of knowing what their internal life is like so I’m doing my best to not compare myself to people. Big hugs to you though, you are not alone ❤

ETA: It’s more than bits and pieces of spare energy — it was just building up over the course of two years so I didn’t realize the progress. It’s a lot more energy. 😳

Last edited:
PMS - February always messes up my cycle because it's a shorter month. I need to get things done and I can't concentrate on anything because I'm so tired :cry:

• Sad
People who are self- righteous about donating to help Ukraine, but really they are just trying to palm off their unwanted items.

My assignment group:
7B00B33E-41D2-4133-A4BD-64805F3181F3.jpeg
For context we’re 1st year primary education students planning an RE lesson. RE isn’t in the curriculum so different areas will have an agreed syllabus. We’ve been told this in multiple seminars and I’ve mentioned it multiple times when planning this assignment. She was the person who wanted to do an RE lesson and has only just bothered to look at the syllabus!!! It’s not like she even needs to because I’ve already got everything we need from it and told her what she needs to do. I’m so close to just doing the whole thing myself.

That I do all the early rises with the children while my husband can stay up late and lie in. Even on my birthday I'm up early making breakfast and tidying the house. I told him the other day it's dangerous because of his lack of contribution it only proves to me I can probably do this tit alone and without him.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.