What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This storm keeps blowing all the wheelie bins over. A neighbour keeps going out and putting them all back for them to block back over after 10 minutes. As much as I appreciate them trying to sort the bins there’s literally no point, leave them on their side, they’re going to fall over again and again all night.

Reactions: 10
Our brick layer is annoying me. He only comes to us evenings and weekends as he's doing it for cash as he's a "mate" so we are getting a better rate but he hasn't been here for weeks now as there is always some excuse. He missed all the glorious weather, now its bloody freezing and raining. He was supposed to come today, its almost 12 and isn't here yet. There is one good full day of bricklaying left and it's finished. The scaffolder wants his scaffolding back as its been months now and we've had to keep pushing him back. Just want it finished now 😏

• Sad
Reactions: 6
That apparently my fella having a day off means he can just sit and scroll through shite videos on Facebook and do nothing round the house

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
That apparently my fella having a day off means he can just sit and scroll through shite videos on Facebook and do nothing round the house
🤣 For mine it means sticking the football on and eyes not being able to leave the screen for the entire match even when being talked too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m so angry with my partner but I hope by typing it out here before they get home means I won’t take it out on them. They’ve got a disciplinary at work because they’re too bleeping lazy to do their job properly and I get it, they hate their job, I do too, but it’s no excuse and I am beyond pissed off about it. We have a mortgage to pay which we are just scraping by with paying, and I really cannot afford to pay by myself.

To make matters worse, I’ve been encouraging my partner to apply for a different job on their days off, but all they do is look at LinkedIn for 30 minutes (which is a bullshit website anyway for jobs imo), save one they kinda like the sound of, and then play Xbox. I have 0 sympathy because when I was looking for a new role earlier this year, I did like 4/5 applications a week until I landed a new role. Oh, and my (not quite yet) MIL keeps making excuses for my partners actions. Actually considering leaving at this point because my partner is just so bleeping lazy.

/rant

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Our only heating is an oil burner, no central heating, it's not working, need a new part which is quite expensive and won't be here til nxt weekend, oh well, extra jumpers and a wooly hat indoors!!

Reactions: 1
Virtual bleeping queuing.
Went to a shop to purchase a specific item, was told I had to enter my details and an associate would text me to return in approximately 2:5hours.
I wasn’t virtually on my way, my car wasn’t virtually parked at a £12ph spot. Bastards

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I bought some fleece lined leggings and loved them, so I went back and bought the exact same ones, in the exact same size. Ripped all the labels out, went to wear them. Too small. What the actual duck.

• Wow
Virtual bleeping queuing.
Went to a shop to purchase a specific item, was told I had to enter my details and an associate would text me to return in approximately 2:5hours.
I wasn’t virtually on my way, my car wasn’t virtually parked at a £12ph spot. Bastards
Do you mean you actually were parked at a place with that fee and you went to a physical shop but they told you to come back when you got a text?

Do you mean you actually were parked at a place with that fee and you went to a physical shop but they told you to come back when you got a text?
I’m not the OP but yes - this is common in a lot of big shopping centres since covid, especially at this time of year. It’s so people don’t have to physically queue for the shop, they come back when they have been told they are allowed in

• Wow
People all over social media competition to show off the best Christmas tree 😅
I just can't believe thats even a thing .

• Haha
Yes, I drove to the shop, parked my car and went to buy a specific item as it wasn’t in stock at the actual store, only at this concession within a department store (nor online!) and was told to return in 2.5 hours! I guess for clarity I should just out, it was harrods. Their customer service is a disgrace id never normally grace their store!

Reactions: 3
My husband thinks he has time to sit and play on his PlayStation all afternoon . Not only that but it is on the only TV that is connected up in our house.

• Wow
Just had an accidental second delivery of an item I purchased back in August. Just how?? I’m not looking forward to dealing with their long customer service wait time. They’ll probably ask me to return it (annoying hassle!) and even if the company tells me to keep it that’s not helpful - I don’t have room for a second one.

I also woke up feeling dizzy. It’s such an odd sensation that I could do without.

Last edited:
End of semester exhaustion, it's the most sleep deprived I've felt in my adult life.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It was sunny on my whole drive to work then as soon as I parked and needed to walk in it started hammering down sleet/hail

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.