What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Used sanitary towels and discarded rotting food are about equal on the 🤮 scale for me so I see no issue. However we have separate bins in the house for things that don’t go in the recycling and they are in separate bags which end up in the big wheelie bin so those 2 is tens wouldn’t necessarily be mixed but would be disposed of the same way
I have separate bins at home too: food waste/recycling/other waste. In my case, even they don't get mixed at home, but they'll be "mixed" in the refuse bin in the sense that even though they are in separate bags when I drop them in the big collective refuse bins, they ultimately get mixed with other bags that have wastes of all kinds. That's where I find it nasty. I don't even know if this makes any sense, but it makes sense in my head lol.

Reactions: 1
I have separate bins at home too: food waste/recycling/other waste. In my case, even they don't get mixed at home, but they'll be "mixed" in the refuse bin in the sense that even though they are in separate bags when I drop them in the big collective refuse bins, they ultimately get mixed with other bags that have wastes of all kinds. That's where I find it nasty. I don't even know if this makes any sense, but it makes sense in my head lol.
Yeah I mean I’ve driven behind the bin wagon enough times to not really wanna imagine all the stuff in there so I guess I don’t really think about It when it’s gone in the bin. What about food waste disposals we don’t have them but where does the food go? To me they seem more awful than putting stuff in the bin (not composting though that’s just natural).

I know I'm going to sound so selfish when I say this but it's really getting on my nerves.
Me and my sister both have 2 kids each, hers are older than mine but not in a routine, mine are younger but in a routine with set bedtime etc.
My mum literally drops everything to watch my sisters kids, she could say she's tired/can't be arsed/wants to get drunk and sure enough my mum will go running.
Yet when I ask or mention that I'm feeling ill or whatever I'm told to just get on with it and how they've managed before so I will too.
I've been open and honest with them both about me suffering PND and they say the usual they're here for me when I need them blah blah but when it comes to it, none of them are there to help me when I ask and it really gets me down.
I've addressed it with them and they say I'm over thinking it and how my mum doesn't help my sister more than me (which is complete bs)
The best part is, anytime my sister gets her kids watched she chooses to drink. Whether it be 1 or not stopping, my mum always gets frustrated with her for drinking then witches to me about it. Every single time I tell her she knows that's what will happen so she can't moan, then she takes the nip with me. Cannot win

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I know I'm going to sound so selfish when I say this but it's really getting on my nerves.
Me and my sister both have 2 kids each, hers are older than mine but not in a routine, mine are younger but in a routine with set bedtime etc.
My mum literally drops everything to watch my sisters kids, she could say she's tired/can't be arsed/wants to get drunk and sure enough my mum will go running.
Yet when I ask or mention that I'm feeling ill or whatever I'm told to just get on with it and how they've managed before so I will too.
I've been open and honest with them both about me suffering PND and they say the usual they're here for me when I need them blah blah but when it comes to it, none of them are there to help me when I ask and it really gets me down.
I've addressed it with them and they say I'm over thinking it and how my mum doesn't help my sister more than me (which is complete bs)
The best part is, anytime my sister gets her kids watched she chooses to drink. Whether it be 1 or not stopping, my mum always gets frustrated with her for drinking then witches to me about it. Every single time I tell her she knows that's what will happen so she can't moan, then she takes the nip with me. Cannot win
I don't understand how parents have not yet established is that treating siblings differently no matter what the scale is mentally damaging whether that be in childhood or if it continues or starts in adulthood.
Just remember your feelings are valid, its not you overthinking things it is your mum's actions making you feel that way to turn it round and make out its all you is straight up manipulation! Actions speak louder than words but very few will self reflect on their own. Even if you point it out some people just cannot see or don't want to see what they are doing is unfair or wrong. I do feel for you and it is not selfish in the slightest.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't understand how parents have not yet established is that treating siblings differently no matter what the scale is mentally damaging whether that be in childhood or if it continues or starts in adulthood.
Just remember your feelings are valid, its not you overthinking things it is your mum's actions making you feel that way to turn it round and make out its all you is straight up manipulation! Actions speak louder than words but very few will self reflect on their own. Even if you point it out some people just cannot see or don't want to see what they are doing is unfair or wrong. I do feel for you and it is not selfish in the slightest.
Thank you so much, honestly because I was starting to think maybe it's just me over thinking it? But I know for certain I'm not.
It really frustrates me too because my sister is always been treated different by my dad since we were younger still till now, her kids are favourited over mine, he wishes her kids happy birthdays etc and mine don't get that etc (I posted about it more on another thread a while back). People tend to say the 2nd child is the least favourable and I believe that ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you so much, honestly because I was starting to think maybe it's just me over thinking it? But I know for certain I'm not.
It really frustrates me too because my sister is always been treated different by my dad since we were younger still till now, her kids are favourited over mine, he wishes her kids happy birthdays etc and mine don't get that etc (I posted about it more on another thread a while back). People tend to say the 2nd child is the least favourable and I believe that ☹
Well you are not alone. Being the least favourite or trouble child stays with you and causes you to be an overly anxious and unsure person and usually a pleaser. It makes you wonder what was wrong with you and why you didnt get the same love. It took me a long time to see it but once i did i could learn to understand me and manage more in the world (the extend of my emotional neglect was quite severe unfortunately leading to quite severe mental health problems) I find it funny when you are accused by a parent of being an overthinker etc, well duh you were supposed to nurture me you made me overthink like this!!
I have set boundaries and have a relationship with my mum these days but i no longer hold back on how i feel and will challenge her comments. This has reduced them but she must still have them. The funny thing is now i am grown and relatively stable she occasionally tells me i am now her favourite. I tell her straight i don't like it my behaviour, nature and achievements should have nothing to do with how she views her children. We are all worthy of unconditional love otherwise why bother producing us.
Sorry to detract from your current problem i just wanted to share what i have learnt about this kind of situation in the hope it makes you feel better. You are perfect just the way you are, never let someone make you feel you are not ❤

• Heart
Well you are not alone. Being the least favourite or trouble child stays with you and causes you to be an overly anxious and unsure person and usually a pleaser. It makes you wonder what was wrong with you and why you didnt get the same love. It took me a long time to see it but once i did i could learn to understand me and manage more in the world (the extend of my emotional neglect was quite severe unfortunately leading to quite severe mental health problems) I find it funny when you are accused by a parent of being an overthinker etc, well duh you were supposed to nurture me you made me overthink like this!!
I have set boundaries and have a relationship with my mum these days but i no longer hold back on how i feel and will challenge her comments. This has reduced them but she must still have them. The funny thing is now i am grown and relatively stable she occasionally tells me i am now her favourite. I tell her straight i don't like it my behaviour, nature and achievements should have nothing to do with how she views her children. We are all worthy of unconditional love otherwise why bother producing us.
Sorry to detract from your current problem i just wanted to share what i have learnt about this kind of situation in the hope it makes you feel better. You are perfect just the way you are, never let someone make you feel you are not ❤
Thank you, honestly I really appreciate hearing it from someone who's experienced similar. It's so tit how it being treated so differently affects us, especially into adulthood. I hope you're OK now, thanks again for your kind words ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wanted to stay in and chill tonight, but met a friend for a drink, had a bit of a rubbish night, now feeling deflated and down

(n)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My body needs to recover so I can finish rearranging my kitchen. There’s no rush aside from my being excited.

First summer I haven't had a horsefly bite. but last Friday, suppose cos it's mild, a bugger got me, it's itching like hell and looks an alien will erupt!

• Sad
That I'm crying over the McDonald’s Ad. Now thanks to T.O.M I feel like I need a massive full blown crying session

When people respond to teams messages with thank yous.

I realise this makes me sound like the worlds grumpiest witch (which I am) but my teams messages are hectic enough, without people liking every post I make and commenting thank you afterwards. I wish there was a generic understanding that we appreciate everyone’s responses without having to actually reply to them

• Heart
Feeling so isolated lately. Moved 300+ miles away from family which I thought would improve my MH but it’s just as bad in a completely different way. Don’t really have friends and struggle to make them. I’m normally ok with my own company but my partner has been working weekends lately which means I just haven’t left the house in weeks because I’ve got nothing to do and no one to see. Not really annoyed I suppose. More just sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My former university has decided to use their alumni database to launch a telephone campaign and have some current students literally pester alumni for them to donate. They have been calling me literally every single day since last week for me to donate and are asking me to provide my account details via phone which I refuse to do as it is not secure. I don't want to say no because I obviously went to school there, but I don't like to be pestered either. They know where I work and where I live.

Feeling so isolated lately. Moved 300+ miles away from family which I thought would improve my MH but it’s just as bad in a completely different way. Don’t really have friends and struggle to make them. I’m normally ok with my own company but my partner has been working weekends lately which means I just haven’t left the house in weeks because I’ve got nothing to do and no one to see. Not really annoyed I suppose. More just sad.
Its really hard moving away ive done the same myself. Do you have kids? I often find i make friends through them. Or maybe a job or volunteering would help to meet people xx

My son's 15 year gf telling him she wants Pandora jewellery for Xmas ffs 🙄 he is 15 and not working.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Overthinking everything. Constantly telling myself people don’t like me, or I’ve done something wrong:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
That we are always so skint….we are on a strict budget but never have any money (or as soon as we do something breaks, or the kids need coats/shoes!) 🙈

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.