What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have become increasingly paranoid and anxious and superstitious. I do not like this.
For example, I just bought some clothes today using Afterpay (Instalment Pay website) and I am nervous because last time I used that website to buy something, my ex dumped me right after. I know rationally there is no correlation whatsoever but I am just terrified.
The same thing with wearing some dresses because I am scared of bad mojo or being jinxed by previous events that happened while wearing those dresses. Or with buying a particular brand of wine for a new person because things did not pan out well with previous people I have shared the wine with. I want these types of thoughts to stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else feel fat when they’re too warm but skinny when they’re cold? Because I feel like a fat mess right now because I’m too hot. My crazy brain needs to stop messing with me 😭🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Simone Biles

She's dropped out of the Olympics to focus on her "mental health"

Nuff Said!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
A woman I went to school with ended up returning to her husband, who had become violent only a couple of weeks after the wedding, because they'd have had to be married for a year to divorce and in that time he still had control over her as her legal husband. I don't think anything justifies allowing situations like that, ever. "Cooling off" periods for divorce should not be mandatory. They mainly exist for the goal of social manipulation - to please religious and conservative groups, and / or with the idea that "too many" divorces are a moral failing or will cause birth rates to fall disastrously. For this reason, China recently introduced a one month waiting period but had previously done perfectly well without one. Ideas of "but people will just do it impulsively!" are patronising - let adults make decisions for themselves.

I suppose the other main argument is what about children, but then trying to force people to stay together "for the children's sake" rarely works well nor makes the children happier or safer. Also, much of English and Welsh family law is still written with the idea that most marriages are first-time marriages of young couples who will wait till marriage to have kids (even though that's less true today), so this argument is hypocritical. And we've already got systems in place to make sure people are provided for, the UK is not like some other countries where feminists have campaigned to ban instant "triple talaq" divorces because they so often left women destitute

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My son will. Not. Sleep. Poor lamb has a bad cough and he won't go to sleep with it. He was tossing and turning from 9-11, awake since 11 🥱 his Dad is fast asleep though so lucky him

I'm also really paranoid about my teeth? They look okay but sometimes don't feel great. I dont know if I've worked myself up into thinking that though. When I was pregnant I feel that made them worse and cos of Covid I couldnt get them checked. I'm not with a dentist because the one back where I'm from closed down. None are taking on where I live. I've got it into my head my teeth are gonna fall out, it's ridicious. I've cried and cried to my boyfriend about it and he tells me they look fine but he's not a dentist! I just need them checked cos I feel like im going crazy. I must look at my teeth in the mirror about 20 times a day. I've got up and looked twice while being sat with the baby now trying to get him to go to sleep...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else feel fat when they’re too warm but skinny when they’re cold? Because I feel like a fat mess right now because I’m too hot. My crazy brain needs to stop messing with me 😭🤨
Yes! I can really relate to this. It makes it so hard to find anything you feel comfortable wearing in the summer months

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have become increasingly paranoid and anxious and superstitious. I do not like this.
For example, I just bought some clothes today using Afterpay (Instalment Pay website) and I am nervous because last time I used that website to buy something, my ex dumped me right after. I know rationally there is no correlation whatsoever but I am just terrified.
The same thing with wearing some dresses because I am scared of bad mojo or being jinxed by previous events that happened while wearing those dresses. Or with buying a particular brand of wine for a new person because things did not pan out well with previous people I have shared the wine with. I want these types of thoughts to stop.
Aw! Maybe try a smudging ritual? I used to do one every time after a certain person dropped by 😬

New thread permissions… Already made a post in forum business asking for help posting a new topic. I know I’m being impatient but omg I want to see my baby come to life 🍪 ✨

Last edited:
And? There's so much pressure for people like her to do well.
Yeah I'd go easy on her, she's only 24 and could have really hurt herself if she'd continued competing. People really expect too much of olympians, their knowing when to stop is so important because no one else is going to tell them to.

Reactions: 9
Had to use about 10 tissues instead of toilet paper today because we've run out (shopping is due between 11-12)

My annoyance is the fact that yesterday there was 1 and a half toilet rolls in the upstairs bathroom when I came upstairs to my room at 6pm yesterday and when i went to bed only 1 was left and now there's none. I live with 3 other people but how the hell does that much get used!

when my asshole neighbour upstairs complains about me and my boyfriend on the phone like I can’t hear what’s she’s saying, when we both work full time and are hardly ever home 🤣 and if she dislikes us so much why doesn’t she sell her flat and duck off🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Simone Biles

She's dropped out of the Olympics to focus on her "mental health"

Nuff Said!
Nobody knows what she (and many others) went through because of the vile and disgusting paedophile doctor Larry Nassa. 🤬 They were sexually abused for many years, through their childhood and teenage years. I cannot fathom what that would do to them and all aspects of their health. 😓 I don’t see how someone taking time out to focus on their mental health would annoy someone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Nobody knows what she (and many others) went through because of the vile and disgusting paedophile doctor Larry Nassa. 🤬 They were sexually abused for many years, through their childhood and teenage years. I cannot fathom what that would do to them and all aspects of their health. 😓 I don’t see how someone taking time out to focus on their mental health would annoy someone.
I thought that's what the original poster maybe have meant without actually saying it. She's dropped out and we all know the reason behind it - nuff said.
I may be wrong though.

Reactions: 2
I thought that's what the original poster maybe have meant without actually saying it. She's dropped out and we all know the reason behind it - nuff said.
I may be wrong though.
Why would it be something you’d be annoyed at. If anything, good for her for making that decision, performing in the Olympics itself must put a lot of pressure on her mental health. I took if differently but I may be wrong as to what original poster meant. Apologies if that is the case.

Reactions: 2
Why would it be something you’d be annoyed at. I took if differently but I may be wrong as to what original poster meant. Apologies if that is the case.
I think it's just me. I wasn't reading annoyance in that response but like I said I could be wrong on that. I've been wrong before 😃

Simone Biles has bathed in the glory of her enormous talent for many years, and rightfully so, she then went to Tokyo and gave an under par performance and subsequently quit. She then played the much overused mental health card. Being an Olympian is all about pressure there should be pressure, you’re at the top of your game.

Yeah I'd go easy on her, she's only 24 and could have really hurt herself if she'd continued competing. People really expect too much of olympians, their knowing when to stop is so important because no one else is going to tell them to.

Simone Biles has bathed in the glory of her enormous talent for many years, and rightfully so, she then went to Tokyo and gave an under par performance and subsequently quit. She then played the much overused mental health card. Being an Olympian is all about pressure there should be pressure, you’re at the top of your game.
It’s her mental health, you know nothing about it! Nobody can comment on someone else’s mental health. It’s attitudes like yours that cause so much damage to the world.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.