Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nina always looks at her as if sheā€™s going to get in trouble, it makes me really uncomfortable... she isnā€™t doing anything wrong but constantly looks back at mum as if to say ā€œis this okā€
Yes she always looks to her mummy in the hope she is saying the right thing šŸ˜­

• Sad
Reactions: 1
What the hell did she think was going to happen in that wrap!? You canā€™t put a whole kilo of cheese in a toastie maker and not expect a molten cheese tsunami šŸ˜‚ every seasoned toastie fan knows that šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

I totally hide my Nutella from my child, but only because she would go at with a spoon if she knew where it was.

Iā€™ve unfollowed Rebecca today her stories just bore me now, the food is just the same every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes she always looks to her mummy in the hope she is saying the right thing šŸ˜­
When she's saying the food is delicious she's never actually smiling or anything. Her body language is saying something completely different to what's coming out of her mouth!
And when Rebecca said to her did you steal my mango? Nina looked really panicked like she was going to be told off for it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
First of all - we all need to get out the house during lockdown and yes right or wrong sometimes it is amazing to walk into a chain coffee shop like life is normal but all those constant Costa trips?! Iā€™m not digging from a ā€œbut itā€™s a pandemic!ā€ angle but more...thatā€™s a lot of shite to be piling down you and your wee ones throat constantly!

Second of all - I thought she was a single mum and itā€™s a revelation sheā€™s not!!!

I do like her book because like others have mentioned Iā€™m not creative and my partner and I eat late with more elaborate ā€œadultā€ meals so itā€™s a good help.

Reactions: 4
First of all - we all need to get out the house during lockdown and yes right or wrong sometimes it is amazing to walk into a chain coffee shop like life is normal but all those constant Costa trips?! Iā€™m not digging from a ā€œbut itā€™s a pandemic!ā€ angle but more...thatā€™s a lot of shite to be piling down you and your wee ones throat constantly!

Second of all - I thought she was a single mum and itā€™s a revelation sheā€™s not!!!

I do like her book because like others have mentioned Iā€™m not creative and my partner and I eat late with more elaborate ā€œadultā€ meals so itā€™s a good help.
I know guzzling down 300-600 calories per drink most days is just excessive and unnecessary

Anyone joined the Facebook group!?
Yes šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s full of mums raving about how easy and healthy Rebeccaā€™s recipes are. Oh and competing about who can get to 100 foods first. One did it at 7.5 months and took a picture of her baby in front of helium ā€˜100ā€™ balloons to celebrate reaching one hundred different foods. Itā€™s ridiculous. Full of PFB (perfect first baby) crap.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Omg thatā€™s insane! What even is this first 100 foods?!? Feel like Iā€™ve missed something there!!!

Reactions: 7
That is... wow. My youngest is 2 and probably still hasnā€™t eaten 100 foods... Iā€™m fairly certain chicken nuggets arenā€™t on the list šŸ„“

Reactions: 10
I HATE weaning groups particularly the ones they are American dominated. My god. So smug and no I donā€™t want to see your filthy baby with spaghetti up his nose. I have my own for that šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg thatā€™s insane! What even is this first 100 foods?!? Feel like Iā€™ve missed something there!!!
People aim for 100 foods normally itā€™s before 1, Iā€™ll be honest at I had a little count up before my son was 1 to see if we were close and was only a couple away but that wasnā€™t with trying promise šŸ˜‚ I think itā€™s become a bit of a competition now itā€™s silly

Reactions: 2
People aim for 100 foods normally itā€™s before 1, Iā€™ll be honest at I had a little count up before my son was 1 to see if we were close and was only a couple away but that wasnā€™t with trying promise šŸ˜‚ I think itā€™s become a bit of a competition now itā€™s silly
Unless youā€™re literally feeding them the same stuff every day then everyone will get to 100 foods quite easily, but the helicopter mummies love a chance to prove theyā€™re the ā€˜bestā€™. I think thereā€™s a couple of pages in the planner to list the first 100 foods you fed your baby, so this ridiculousness is instigated and encouraged by our resident weaning ā€˜expertā€™ Rebecca.

Reactions: 4
They say thing like ā€œmy little weenieā€ šŸ¤¢ and post countless gagging videos which yes I personally did find helpful but itā€™s always with a vibe of ā€œlook how good my baby gags Iā€™m so coolā€

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Someone posted about how the recipe doesnā€™t say where to put the eggs in, few people said theyā€™d noticed it with a couple of recipes and someone gets all defensive over Rebecca, thereā€™s a few comments about it in the thread of that reply that I havenā€™t SS. Itā€™s like ā€˜how dare you correct Rebecca?ā€™ but if there are errors in her book itā€™s surely not really good enough to not be trying to rectify them?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Someone posted about how the recipe doesnā€™t say where to put the eggs in, few people said theyā€™d noticed it with a couple of recipes and someone gets all defensive over Rebecca, thereā€™s a few comments about it in the thread of that reply that I havenā€™t SS. Itā€™s like ā€˜how dare you correct Rebecca?ā€™ but if there are errors in her book itā€™s surely not really good enough to not be trying to rectify them?
Omg is this a cult????

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think the least you can expect for a recipe book is for the recipe to tell you where to add the ingredients, no?!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thatā€™s shocking!! Some people really donā€™t learn to cook until they have kids you can tell itā€™s a genuine question, I hope Rebecca steps in and comments seeing as itā€™s her group

Reactions: 6
Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve noticed with the book - I think I did comment upon it on a different weaning group (itā€™s actually a nice one!) and I received no hate for it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.