Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she looked really awkward/uncomfortable when she was suggesting the meet up

Reactions: 1
This influence stuff doesn't seem to come natural to her so I don't know why she puts herself through it. She seemed to be doing well when she was sharing recipes and not her life. But I guess she can't share her recipes anymore otherwise there's no need to buy her book.

Reactions: 6
This influence stuff doesn't seem to come natural to her so I don't know why she puts herself through it. She seemed to be doing well when she was sharing recipes and not her life. But I guess she can't share her recipes anymore otherwise there's no need to buy her book.
I started following pinch of nom last year, all of the recipes they do are available free online, that is how I got started on them, but I now own 3 of the books, yes I can get them online but I love having cookbooks in the house. That is just one recipe example I'm sure there is many more. If Rebecca shared more food based stuff which obv worked for her enough to get her a book deal then she would surely get more engagement from new followers?

Reactions: 4
Nina always looks at her as if she’s going to get in trouble, it makes me really uncomfortable... she isn’t doing anything wrong but constantly looks back at mum as if to say “is this ok”

Had to unfollow, there's only so many times you can hear 'is it nice' 'is it yummy' 'do you like it' 🙄 ffs just let the kid eat

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can't stand it when she write 'theres a really yummy recipe in my book.' Does she realise her audience are adults? I'd never describe something to my friends as yummy 🙄

Reactions: 3
Nina always looks at her as if she’s going to get in trouble, it makes me really uncomfortable... she isn’t doing anything wrong but constantly looks back at mum as if to say “is this ok”
I've noticed this too and it makes me uncomfortable. She looks like she's waiting for a reaction every time, especially when she's eating. It must cause her a lot of anxiety.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t like the fact she hid her Nutella from Nina.... no offence but I’m sure a little bit of Nutella for a three year old is fine!!!!

Reactions: 15
Peanut butter and jam warmed up on a wrap sounds gross, nevermind with strawberries and marshmallows thrown on too. If it really was a proper treat she could have just used a dollop of Nutella on both wraps.

Reactions: 12
I didn’t like the fact she hid her Nutella from Nina.... no offence but I’m sure a little bit of Nutella for a three year old is fine!!!!
She’s so strange about ‘treats’ for Nina (for one thing, current advice isn’t to call them treats but just to use the name of the food). I think its because clearly Rebecca has a whole host of issues with foods (just look at her size) and, instead of learning about healthy eating habits and passing those on to her daughter, she restricts Nina’s diet in odd ways and it’s likely that Nina too will have an unhealthy relationship with food. Nina should be allowed some Nutella.

Reactions: 10
100% my 1 year old gets Nutella relatively regularly and he has a healthy balanced diet

Reactions: 7
She's said many times that 'sometimes' she'll let Nina have 1 biscuit between her meals. They're supposed to snack! Just let the kid eat!

Reactions: 1
She’s so strange about ‘treats’ for Nina (for one thing, current advice isn’t to call them treats but just to use the name of the food). I think its because clearly Rebecca has a whole host of issues with foods (just look at her size) and, instead of learning about healthy eating habits and passing those on to her daughter, she restricts Nina’s diet in odd ways and it’s likely that Nina too will have an unhealthy relationship with food. Nina should be allowed some Nutella.
Yeah it’s making certain foods to her these bad things that can’t be touched - which children will always want more of!! I’m sure some Nutella won’t harm her especially if she knows it’s part of a balanced diet!

100% my 1 year old gets Nutella relatively regularly and he has a healthy balanced diet
This is it - it’s all about balance isn’t it!

Yeah it’s making certain foods to her these bad things that can’t be touched - which children will always want more of!! I’m sure some Nutella won’t harm her especially if she knows it’s part of a balanced diet!

This is it - it’s all about balance isn’t it!
100% agree with all of this! So many parents seem to project their food issues onto their kids. A 3 year old should be allowed to have a biscuit and hiding food is surely just asking for trouble!! Most things in moderation are fine or that’s my thinking anyway just because an adult can’t control themselves with the biscuit tin doesn’t mean her child won’t be able to!!

My 3 year old is a bit of a biscuit fiend 😂 loves a biscuit, she will happily have one at any time of day, in any place and any type of biscuit!!

However, she also eats a huge variety of fruit and veg daily. Her meals are varied and she eats really well.

So who cares if she has a couple of biscuits 🤷‍♀️ as long as she's not solely surviving of biscuits and getting all the nutrients etc she needs then I don't care at all!

Shes a kid, let her have a few less healthy things every now and again! Its part of being of a being a kid!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree, she goes on about Nina not really snacking but I don’t buy it. Kids are burning so much energy just growing, they need to eat frequently and I honestly have never met a child who wouldn’t say no to a snack. If she’s eating such huge portions at meal times - literally finishing adult sized plates - maybe it’s tome to start offering snacks eh? My son eats roughly every two hours.

She seems to think that snacking is bad. It’s not- fuelling your body is important. She has very old fashioned views when it comes to food and cooking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.