Whatmummymakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have toddlers just 1 year olds and that’s difficult enough to feed i Dread feeding toddlers!!! I looked at her recipes snd I probably wouldn’t feed my kids a lot of her recipies simply because they are so unhealthy, totally each to their own but for me it’s just overload on butter the odd thing fair enough, regardless of being overweight or not it’s still important to try and give healthy options or I think it is anyway! You don’t have to be overweight to be unhealthy but she clearly is overweight I don’t think anyone can deny that, if joe wicks was that size I don’t think he would have been successful am baffled that people take her seriously!

Reactions: 2
I don’t think Nina is overweight at all. My daughter is 2.5 and sometimes I question myself as she has a little pot belly, but she’s 50th centile for her weight and height so I know she is fine. None of us know what she weighs, some kids are skin and bones and others aren’t. She isn’t so huge that she is obviously obese. Reading through this thread has been upsetting as an overweight mum, like my child is destined to be obese no matter what I do because I’ve already ruined her genes. If anything I am more conscious of keeping her healthy so she doesn’t end up like me. But even more than that I’m worried about giving her a complex! So I just let her eat what she wants. I offer balanced meals and snacks in appropriate portions and she can eat what she wants. She genuinely loves broccoli (and no I am not Rebecca) but she loves biscuits and chocolate too. Toddlers are supposedly excellent at controlling their intake to what they need so i just leave her to it. So far she seems fine but I do worry about when she is older. I was fine as a child as well then it all went wrong.
I’m sure there will be other mums reading this feeling the same. Granted, in this case I do adapt the couple of her recipes I follow to make them healthier, you don’t need as much butter and cheese as stated and i think the Costa cakes, KFC’s etc are a bit excessive but in general this thread has thrashed fat mums a bit. I am trying my best to become healthier and fitter for my daughter but it’s complex, I have PCOS and mental health conditions that make it tough but I still know what nutrition and a balanced diet is and can give it to my child. When I read these comments it really stings. Offering critique on someone on Instagram doesn’t need to extend to passing judgement on a whole group of humans
Also. The child is clearly overweight. She bought a jumper that she flashed up on her stories and it was an age 4, when she she wore it it looked so tight and she’s only 3.

Reactions: 1
Also. The child is clearly overweight. She bought a jumper that she flashed up on her stories and it was an age 4, when she she wore it it looked so tight and she’s only 3.
I’ve never seen her in real life but from the photos like this one, how does she look like a fat child? My daughter has pjs that are 12-18 months and fit, and ones that are 2-3 and are skinny fit and close fitting. Sizes are vastly different

Attachments

I don't think she is overweight but because she's always dressed in clothes that are far too small for her it looks like she's bursting out of everything. She looks big for her age and has a chubby face but loads of kids her age do.

Reactions: 6
Many mums are overweight but they don’t make millions from selling a dream to other mums ... advocating a healthy diet and telling mums that their book will give their child a great start in life . It puts me off trying the recipes because Rebecca is so large . The same way if joe wicks was obese I wouldn’t take his videos seriously ( as others have said ). I don’t understand why people wouldn’t question how she can possibly be a valid healthily role model when she is a stones throw away from diabetes . She absolutely should declare if she has health conditions because otherwise I feel this is putting people off buying the book. I wouldn’t buy because I can’t afford to put weight on & don’t want my arteries clogging with fat.

If I was seeing Tracey a school mum friend posting pics of her daily costas and treats it wouldn’t bother me , it’s the fact that this woman is throwing these pics in our faces and then expecting us to take her advice and cook things she recommends ( when she is so bloody unhealthy and morbidly obese ) - she is having a laugh !!

I don’t think the kid is overweight but she def is!!!
she will definitely be having the free flu jab this year, her bmi has to be 40 plus

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My 9 year old is in age 13 clothing because of their height. None of my children have ever been in their right age clothing so you can't use that to judge whether she's over weight.

Yeah but you arent selling cook books aimed at establishing eating habits for babies. That’s the difference why the comments are aimed at her and not all Mums/bigger Mums
Can’t be bothered going through the whole thread but the comments I’m talking about nothing to do with her being a cookbook author. Just ones that give off a general vibe of if you’re fat you’ve already done your child a disservice and they deserve better...

Many mums are overweight but they don’t make millions from selling a dream to other mums ... advocating a healthy diet and telling mums that their book will give their child a great start in life . It puts me off trying the recipes because Rebecca is so large . The same way if joe wicks was obese I wouldn’t take his videos seriously ( as others have said ). I don’t understand why people wouldn’t question how she can possibly be a valid healthily role model when she is a stones throw away from diabetes . She absolutely should declare if she has health conditions because otherwise I feel this is putting people off buying the book. I wouldn’t buy because I can’t afford to put weight on & don’t want my arteries clogging with fat.
That point I get. It’s just the generalisations that would upset readers. I agree, she is clearly overweight and I won’t criticise her for it because I don’t know why, BUT I agree you probably shouldn’t release a kids cookbook if you don’t eat that healthily...

Also, health visitors are there to advise people on children’s weight. My child has always been fine but when the HV comes and we get to healthy eating I feel like I always have to preempt their concerns and say yeah I know I’m fat but my husband isn’t, we do x and y to ensure child is healthy etc etc. They are always relieved when I say it first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Can’t be bothered going through the whole thread but the comments I’m talking about nothing to do with her being a cookbook author. Just ones that give off a general vibe of if you’re fat you’ve already done your child a disservice and they deserve better... haven’t quoted any of the comments around how being obese makes it more likely your child will be too etc as that’s a fact which I understand. But being fat in itself is not a crime or cruelty to children. And I’m talking about your average fat here not people taking themselves to an early grave and bedbound.
I don't read these as you do. If a parent is overweight but feeds their child a healthy, balanced diet with normal portion sizes and healthy options then that is absolutely fine. She does none of these things. She serves her huge portions, uses chocolate and sweet things as "treats", cooks unhealthy meals and takes her out multiple times a week to eat unhealthy food cooked by other people. She bangs on about Nina only eating as much as she chooses but by filling her plate with an enormous portion of unhealthy food then filming her eating it while repeatedly asking her if she likes it she isn't instilling any good habits in her. She'd be better off letting Nina serve her own food.

I think secretly there’s lots of fans of Rebecca on here . I feel this is more of a rave thread , with members of her family and friends coming on to dismiss some of the negative comments . At the end of the day mother and daughter are over weight but seems if you dare state the facts you get told you have a bad relationship with your own diet . What mummy makes ( and the copious amount of regular takeaways on the daily ) makes you fat
I think there’s a lot of people on this thread who don’t like Rebecca but also don’t like fat phobic people either 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I think Nina enjoys her food, no doubt about that. It’s nice to see. She may well struggle to control her weight as she gets older.

What I will say is that Nina’s portion sizes are completely ridiculous- she eats more than me and I’m a 5ft 4 adult !

As I cannot speak of anybody’s behalf here, but my own: if a fat, thin, obese person cooks/prepares healthy and balanced meals for her family, with occasional fast food - that is what i would call good example of eating habits. Rebecca’s daily menus are not healthy. Her everyday lunch seems like christmas feast. And then add the portion size. For both of them gravy is favorite food. Common! It is pure fat with flavor. And then we see her munching on sweets in the evening when nina is asleep as to set positive example for her during the day. She is harsh on sugars but excessive on fats. Somebody should do a calculation of daily calorie intake for nina. It think she is well over 2500.

• Wow
my kids stayed up at that age, we have a mini party 👍
I thought I was the only one 😂 my daughter stays up with us to see in the new year.. and she's only 3. Im hoping she stays awake this year too.....🤷 I don't see the problem in it. Every other night she goes to bed at 7

You know what gets me about Rebecca going to Costa etc so much is if it was McDonald’s people would 100% say it was terrible. But what she’s doing isn’t much better considering Nina gets a toastie and a babycinno every time.
I’m a big fat fatty but that’s my 2 cents anyway 😂

Reactions: 5
Anyone seen the last post? “2020 has been a year of lows for all of us but highs for me personally”. She may as well say, “I’m alright with 2020 and my new ££££, shame about you lot and covid.” She really is tone deaf.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I also find it weird in her run down of the year she has put up pictures of Nina and said ‘in August I created this photo’!! Who says that about a photo they took of their child!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone seen the last post? “2020 has been a year of lows for all of us but highs for me personally”. She may as well say, “I’m alright with 2020 and my new ££££, shame about you lot and covid.” She really is tone deaf.
Do we have somebody from the publishing industry here to estimate her earnings?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.