Whatever happened to? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all fairness to Tina from S Club 7, I doubt she had any say in what she wore. I'm sure they were micromanaged to the nth degree and paid peanuts.
I always thought she was the most beautiful of the group.
She talked about it recently on a podcast, she had no idea what any of the others would be wearing. I can believe her, things weren't so slick PR wise back then and she was young. Good on her for having the confidence to wear it in the first place :D

Tina Barrett dishes on THAT racy red dress she wore for film premiere in 2003 | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 4
i went to a 90s pop festival and it was only Tina and Bradley still doing the sclub thing but i have to say they were so good. the songs are so good (if you enjoy that sort of thing) that they managed to not seem lost on the stage and the crowd loved it :)

Reactions: 5
In 2014 he had a global mega hit with the Spanish song Bailando. The song was a record breaking chart topper in a lot of countries and was the first Spanish song in the US top 10 since the Macarena. The music video was the first Spanish video to reach a billion views on YouTube currently over three billion views.

The huge success of that song seemed to convince him to focus Spanish language music as well as well as stand alone singles. For the next few years he would release one Spanish song a year that would usually top the charts for most of the year in a lot of Latin and European countries and get billions of views and streams. Since the UK at this point didn't play no English music that was not novelty songs we kinda missed out on this phase of his career.

Enrique's approach during this era was the template for Luis Fonsi's Despacito which thanks to the remix with Justin Bieber ended shattering most of Enrique's records and crossing over even more including in Britain. A lot of people thought he'd capitalise on this but as others said he started a family at this point so even his one single a year approach fell by the wayside.

Late last year he finally got around to releasing a full album. It was a suprise drop and he did no promo for it but because it including the aforementioned string of Latin hits which count towards an albums streams it was technically in the top 10 albums of the year. He's said he's releasing one more album before he focuses on just singles and touring.
Thanks for the info. I just searched Bailando on YouTube and remember it, not sure why it has over 3 billion views, maybe I'm out of touch 🤷‍♂️ Sounds like the same path Gloria Estefan took, I remember it being reported she was only going to record songs in Spanish from now on and haven't heard of her since and that was like a 100 yrs ago 🤭

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the info. I just searched Bailando on YouTube and remember it, not sure why it has over 3 billion views, maybe I'm out of touch 🤷‍♂️ Sounds like the same path Gloria Estefan took, I remember it being reported she was only going to record songs in Spanish from now on and haven't heard of her since and that was like a 100 yrs ago 🤭
Gloria Estefan is the voice of a singer in a brilliant kids film called Vivo on netflix

Reactions: 7
Did someone ask about Mika recently?

He is presenting the Eurovision song contest in Italy this year.

Reactions: 10
In all fairness to Tina from S Club 7, I doubt she had any say in what she wore. I'm sure they were micromanaged to the nth degree and paid peanuts.
I always thought she was the most beautiful of the group.
Surprisingly Tina was the oldest member of S Club 7. If I had to put money on who was the oldest I would have said Jo

Reactions: 16
Surprisingly Tina was the oldest member of S Club 7. If I had to put money on who was the oldest I would have said Jo
Yeah I would have agreed! Bradley always looked the baby to me but Jo was always the oldest looking

Reactions: 4
Tina from S Club 7 had a crack at a solo career a couple of years back. The video is 'interesting' and it looks like it was made with a budget of about £26.50 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Tina Malone ending up teaching acting classes in Liverpool, I'm sure I remember seeing an article about it a few years back.

One of the greatest mysteries in my eyes is how Cheryl managed to wrack up four number one singles despite the majority of her back catalogue, in my opinion, being utter tit. Mind you if Geri Halliwell can also manage that feet there's hope for anybody.
She was a judge on the most popular show on TV and close with Cowell and Will I Am, she had endless publicity and connections for a period.

Then Cowell shafted her by taking her to America where she was always going to flop

Reactions: 1
Re Paz De La Huerta, she was raped twice by Harvey Weinstein and seems to have struggled with her mental health ever since .

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This is a very German entertainment business mystery, but I'm still dying to find out what truly happened to Daniel Küblböck.

They were a contestant on the very first season of DSDS (like Start Search or similar shows) and, franky, had the voice of a bullfrog. The audience loved then because of a bit of weird personality and dress sense and odd stuff kept happening (I think once they drove into a truck full of pickled cucumber or something weird like that).
Fast forward years later and the usual run through multiple reality TV and competition reality TV shows and things quiet a bit down. They come out as trans, go on a ship cruise and fall/jump from the ship some 200km before Canada during winter (that was in 2018). Got declared dead last year and I don't think they ever found a body.
Some other passengers claimed that they heard incoherent speech from the cabin they were staying in and that they generally seemed to struggle with mental health. Others though said that everything was fine and couldn't imagine them jumping. I don't think we'll ever find out... frankly was never a fan and more of "not that again please", but that fate seems very cruel.

Reactions: 5
She was a judge on the most popular show on TV and close with Cowell and Will I Am, she had endless publicity and connections for a period.

Then Cowell shafted her by taking her to America where she was always going to flop
I thought you meant Tina malone when I first read that 😂😂🙄

Tina from S Club 7 had a crack at a solo career a couple of years back. The video is 'interesting' and it looks like it was made with a budget of about £26.50 😂

That much?! Terrible mediocre song too

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Adele Silva, she used to be in Emmerdale and used to crop up in OK magazine a lot, she went out with Anthony Costa from Blue for a while too. Haven't seen her in years. Time to google.

In 2014 he had a global mega hit with the Spanish song Bailando. The song was a record breaking chart topper in a lot of countries and was the first Spanish song in the US top 10 since the Macarena. The music video was the first Spanish video to reach a billion views on YouTube currently over three billion views.

The huge success of that song seemed to convince him to focus Spanish language music as well as well as stand alone singles. For the next few years he would release one Spanish song a year that would usually top the charts for most of the year in a lot of Latin and European countries and get billions of views and streams. Since the UK at this point didn't play no English music that was not novelty songs we kinda missed out on this phase of his career.

Enrique's approach during this era was the template for Luis Fonsi's Despacito which thanks to the remix with Justin Bieber ended shattering most of Enrique's records and crossing over even more including in Britain. A lot of people thought he'd capitalise on this but as others said he started a family at this point so even his one single a year approach fell by the wayside.

Late last year he finally got around to releasing a full album. It was a suprise drop and he did no promo for it but because it including the aforementioned string of Latin hits which count towards an albums streams it was technically in the top 10 albums of the year. He's said he's releasing one more album before he focuses on just singles and touring.
I love some of his Spanish hits. You tend to hear them more on holidays, really fun and catchy and they've done well worldwide.
This is a very German entertainment business mystery, but I'm still dying to find out what truly happened to Daniel Küblböck.

They were a contestant on the very first season of DSDS (like Start Search or similar shows) and, franky, had the voice of a bullfrog. The audience loved then because of a bit of weird personality and dress sense and odd stuff kept happening (I think once they drove into a truck full of pickled cucumber or something weird like that).
Fast forward years later and the usual run through multiple reality TV and competition reality TV shows and things quiet a bit down. They come out as trans, go on a ship cruise and fall/jump from the ship some 200km before Canada during winter (that was in 2018). Got declared dead last year and I don't think they ever found a body.
Some other passengers claimed that they heard incoherent speech from the cabin they were staying in and that they generally seemed to struggle with mental health. Others though said that everything was fine and couldn't imagine them jumping. I don't think we'll ever find out... frankly was never a fan and more of "not that again please", but that fate seems very cruel.
Yes I know him and remember his movie Daniel Der Zauberer which was awful. Like you, I wasn't a fan of him but he had a sad end. I wonder did he find himself unable to cope with the lack of attention once his career died down.

Reactions: 3
He looks really old, wonder if he's been ill.

As for Cheryl Cole I remember her on the X factor singing a single she had just released wearing a stupid leather hat that are usually associated with gay blokes. She was mediocre at best and was less talented than some of the contestants she was judging.
well I had to chuckle years ago when she thought her and Ashley were the next Posh and Becks. Her record label spent gazillions on her debut album and it looked like she was going to pull off the unthinkable and be successful - until Ashley was caught with his pants down AGAIN sinking her album about how loved up they were faster than a poo down the loo.

the X factor appearance was hysterical, Doing that ridiculous jerky dancing that is unpleasant to watch and why oh why does she still insist on wearing slashed clothes with straps hanging off?

she’s not changed the clothes or dancing style for YEARS and it wasn’t successful when it began.

for some reason Jesi Nelson thinks that style of dancing and the continual stop start music is cool. It isn’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Adele Silva, she used to be in Emmerdale and used to crop up in OK magazine a lot, she went out with Anthony Costa from Blue for a while too. Haven't seen her in years. Time to google.
I think she moved to the US, i’m sure i remember pictures of her working in a clothes shop?

Reactions: 9
I don't know much of age group on this thread, but there was a Australian reality show I and all my family watched as a kid, maybe 1988, it basically followed around an Australian family (obviously made due to the success of Neighbours) a fly on the wall, was the 1st reality show I remember, I've tried to Google it over the years but nothing shows up, the mum used to scare me but I loved watching her, would be interesting to know how the whole family doing now.

Reactions: 1