Whatever happened to? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enriquo Iglesias? He was like some big heartthrob but haven't seen or heard of him in years, (sorry if already mentioned, haven't read all of last thread) 🤷‍♂️
In 2014 he had a global mega hit with the Spanish song Bailando. The song was a record breaking chart topper in a lot of countries and was the first Spanish song in the US top 10 since the Macarena. The music video was the first Spanish video to reach a billion views on YouTube currently over three billion views.

The huge success of that song seemed to convince him to focus Spanish language music as well as well as stand alone singles. For the next few years he would release one Spanish song a year that would usually top the charts for most of the year in a lot of Latin and European countries and get billions of views and streams. Since the UK at this point didn't play no English music that was not novelty songs we kinda missed out on this phase of his career.

Enrique's approach during this era was the template for Luis Fonsi's Despacito which thanks to the remix with Justin Bieber ended shattering most of Enrique's records and crossing over even more including in Britain. A lot of people thought he'd capitalise on this but as others said he started a family at this point so even his one single a year approach fell by the wayside.

Late last year he finally got around to releasing a full album. It was a suprise drop and he did no promo for it but because it including the aforementioned string of Latin hits which count towards an albums streams it was technically in the top 10 albums of the year. He's said he's releasing one more album before he focuses on just singles and touring.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The S Club Juniors (apart from Frankie and Rochelle)

The people in the old Louis Theroux documentaries... There was one boy in the Max Clifford doc who was tipped to be the next big thing by Simon Cowell.

Kitten Pinder from Big Brother

Reactions: 6
I think Tina Malone ending up teaching acting classes in Liverpool, I'm sure I remember seeing an article about it a few years back.

One of the greatest mysteries in my eyes is how Cheryl managed to wrack up four number one singles despite the majority of her back catalogue, in my opinion, being utter tit. Mind you if Geri Halliwell can also manage that feet there's hope for anybody.

Reactions: 11
One of the greatest mysteries in my eyes is how Cheryl managed to wrack up four number one singles despite the majority of her back catalogue, in my opinion, being utter tit. Mind you if Geri Halliwell can also manage that feet there's hope for anybody.
To be fair, the 4 singles that made #1 were actually great songs (Fight For This Love, Promise This, Call My Name, Crazy Stupid Love) it's just her albums that were largely tit.

As for S Club 8 - I think one of them is married to a footballer, Aaron is a dancer and choreographer and Jay is the lead (?) in the musical Hamilton.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, the 4 singles that made #1 were actually great songs (Fight For This Love, Promise This, Call My Name, Crazy Stupid Love) it's just her albums that were largely tit.
As for S Club 8 - I think one of them is married to a footballer, Aaron is a dancer and choreographer and Jay is the lead (?) in the musical Hamilton.
I think we will have a to agree to disagree on that one. Personally I find the above tracks generic crap that sound incredibly dated now. It's only saving grace is it wasn't as bad as Geri's output.

Reactions: 5
He was on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown the other week, I'm not normally keen on the show but he was really good on it and his old funny self. Got a new look going on!

View attachment 1019615
He looks really old, wonder if he's been ill.

As for Cheryl Cole I remember her on the X factor singing a single she had just released wearing a stupid leather hat that are usually associated with gay blokes. She was mediocre at best and was less talented than some of the contestants she was judging.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In all fairness to Tina from S Club 7, I doubt she had any say in what she wore. I'm sure they were micromanaged to the nth degree and paid peanuts.
I always thought she was the most beautiful of the group.

Reactions: 4