Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fatima

VIP Member
omg where do I start?

VHS tapes with vhs recorder
Garbage pail kids (in France it was called Les Crados, really disturbing thinking of it now lol)
Small teeny tiny Polly pockets
My little pony ( the basic 90s one)
Barbie
YES bars
Gameboy
Captain tsubasa (Olive et Tom in French,of course with 5 brothers lol)
Angela,15 ans (the serie with Claire Danes and Jared Leto (omg as Jordan catalano šŸ˜‚)when they were young)
Lion king and Aladdin ( that my smallest brother kept watching over and over on VHS tapes, we knew all the lines lol)
Plastic dummies as necklace (tiny ones)
Heartbrake high (Hartley cœur Ć  vif in French)
Degrassi high (mortified each time I heard about AIDS at that time, as I didnā€™t know what it was exactly lol)
Pocahontas
Ā« AmĆ©lie from Montmartre Ā» soundtrack makes me literally crying,reminds me a period of my life I was listening to it and working in tourism in Paris.
I canā€™t smell/wear some perfumes, they would remind me a certain period of time (happy or sad lol) Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one.

Ok, back to 2019.
If I continue,I will cry lol.

Reactions: 1

erin182

VIP Member
Spice Girls
Groovy Chick
Hey Arnold - move it football head!
Diggit on a Saturday morning followed by SMTV life, preferably accompanied by a bowl of coco pops
Spending my pocket money on Mizz, Smash Hits and TV Hits (and covering my walls with posters a first Spice Girls and then S Club / Blue / Steps and BWitched). Then getting far too sassy for my age and upgrading to Bliss, Sugar and J-17.
UFO yoghurts
Sunny Delight and the rumours of the kid that turned orange because he had it every day
10p Ice poles in the summer and evenings that felt warm until 10pm when you finally had to go in.
MSN Messenger every day after school and pretending I was doing homework every time my mum came in to my room to ask if she could use the phone line yet
Changing your screen name on MSN to include your current bestie / crush / philosophical song lyric
Bebo
Limewire and the first ever iPod mini
Jelly shoes - I had silver glitter wedges and they were my favourite thing ever
Shopping in Tammy Girl and my Mum telling me things were ā€œtoo oldā€ for me
Wishing away the years until I was old enough to shop in River Island. At 29 I now often feel too old!
Playing snake
Flipping a phone shut
An actual bus pass not an Oyster card (and my first ever solo bus journey to secondary school costing 40p!)
Cutting messages down to text speak to save spending 10p on going in to two messages
Buying a book that taught me how to compose ringtones and really really caring.
Buying ringtones / pranks from those ads in magazines - Ā£3 for the latest N Dubz song to play every time your phone rang was a bargain.
Push pops and other cheap sherbet sweets (those coloured sticks of them that were like 2p each)
Talking about the cost of anything in pence
Wishing time away until my next milestone birthday..... 10, then 13, then 15 (no idea why), 16, 17, 18, 20, 21.... now 30 is approaching Iā€™m clawing on to the time left of my 20s!
ALL OF THIS

Mayday

VIP Member
I loved Bliss and J-17 anyone remember the Diary of a Crush story in J-17 I loved it you would get a novel included once a year.
I loved Bliss! and Mizz was another one with their 'cringe' section stories šŸ˜‚. I remember they used to put non-celebs on the cover sometimes.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Ah I was scrolling through Netflix children the other day and there was a Polly Pocket TV show! I used to love Polly Pocket

Rugrats - my favourite thing when I was a kid! One of the movies will just randomly be on on a weekend on either e4 or Film 4 and I always watch them šŸ˜‚

BorisBear

VIP Member
Blockbuster
Ice cream float
Smoking in public, buses, cafes etc
Byker grove & grangehill
Snake on a nokia
Corded landline phones
Hi tec silver shadow trainers(my dads)
Sleepovers
20/20 drink
Soda steam & mr freeze i always wanted one
Benetton drawstring bags for school
sun in hairspray
Button moon
Moomins
Just 17 position of the fortnight šŸ˜¼

Amorphis35

Take that/Boyzone/Spice girls
Sabrina the teenage witch
Top of the pops
90s indie music
Grunge
Barbie
My little pony
Fun house
Neighbours
Recording the charts
Recording music videos on vhs
Taping every boyzone performance
Saturday morning kids tv

Tlb92

Groovy chick
Limewire
Mizz/sugar magazine
That purple sabrina the teenage witch jewelery? makeup? box
Dream matte mousse
Instead of curling your hair with a curling wand.. Scrunching your hair with a shit ton of hair mousse šŸ˜‚
Sony Ericsson phones
The parent trap
Jelly sandals
Jane norman bags
The OC
Trouble the TV channel
Saved by the bell
One on one
L'OrƩal kids shampoo
Betty spaghetti
Polly pocket
Those creepy head dolls that you could practice hairstyles on
The sims
MSN
Those diaries that had a lock on them!
Brownies & the brownies uniform
Sooty and sweep
Crossroads the movie with Britney spears

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
Cherry lip gloss
smelly erasers
stickers
lemonade man
the smell of cheap Xmas wrapping paper
brittania music cassettes
findus crispy pancakes
opium/ anais anais
musk impulse Body mousse
dream topping
vhs
10p mix ups
vinyl

VIP Member
I watch a lot of old TV shows, I have a collection of DVD's of stuff most of you haven't heard off.

I also watch repeats of old shows being shown on various satellite channels, best of all is watching those shows which are not politically correct, I live for nostalgia.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Instead of curling your hair with a curling wand.. Scrunching your hair with a shit ton of hair mousse
That is the only way my hair will go curly. People were surprised how straight it was when I stopped doing it.
Then when ghd/ ceramic straighteners came out early 2000s and everyone had the super straightened look.

Sometimes I just get a feeling of nostalgia and I can't explain it, it's usually come from a smell or a sound . Smells bring back the most memories

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Spice Girls
Groovy Chick (I don't know if thats even still a thing)
Glitter hair spray
Mary-Kate & Ashley movies
Impulse body spray
Lipsmackers
They had a groovy chick line at primark for a while!

Playing games I can actually hold.
Tamgotchi!
Gremlins
E.T
Fame!
Moon dust
Sindy dolls
T-shirts that changed colour
Benetton
Shipping Kate Moss & Johnny Depp as a couple
Sunflowers perfume
The Big Breakfast show.
Watching shitty cartoons after school on a Friday such as Captain Caveman & Scooby Doo.
Salted crisps with the little packet of salt to sprinkle yourself.
The ice-cream van visiting and picking an ice lolly.
Stray dogs, flipping everywhere! Back in the day where I lived nobody walked dogs. They just booted them out for a while & you'd see these streetwise dogs crossing roads using zebra crossing and finding their own food.
Not having to wear seatbelts.
No speed cameras.
Watching Neighbours after school. Missing school to watch the 1pm Neighbours then going back to school and being the person everyone wanted to talk to, to get the goss šŸ˜‚
Everyone seemed to have a single budgie in a cage.
I realise ppl were very ignorant to animal needs lol
Oh my, Sunflowers perfume is a huge one. All of these are so good.

Sugar/Bliss/More....and any magazine that had a "good" freebie like Collection 2000 lipstick or a bright red lip liner.

Smash Hits with the posters, song lyrics and the occasional free cassette tape.
I did an internship at Bliss when I was 16. Was a dream come true.

I think Shout was a bit more for younger teens? (especially looking at it now where it seems more focused on Youtubers and online stuff with memes etc) where as Sugar tried to appeal more to 16-24, and I think covered more 'mature' stuff because of that like body image issues, health, relationships etc? They also tended to have a more wide range of celebs from what I remember with exclusive interviews, where as Shout tended to just use red carpet/event photos on the cover a lot of the time. I was quite sad when Sugar went bust tbh, I loved that and Company!
I can't remember if it was sugar who did sex position of the month?? Well, I brought the magazine with my pocket money for the free gift and my mum went marching with said magazine back to the post office because of how "disgusting" it was, mortified! Lol

Sparks

Chatty Member
Impulse body spray, CK one, Tommy girl
Backstreet Boys :love:
MTV - back when they still played music
AOL chatroom
The NeverEnding Story
The Last Unicorn