Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Love love love this thread!
Mine are,
Watching smile on the weekends
Arthur, after school
Impulse sprays
Gel pens
Goosebumps
Top 40 on a sunday
Mums roast lamb and dying a slow death listening to songs of praise!
The wild thornebrries
The simpsons
Anything Christmas related
Woolworths!
So many that I know can't remember!

Reactions: 5

fmmac

Spice girls/All Saints

Recording the top 40 on a Sunday with Dr Fox and trying to miss all the adverts 😂

Upgrading to mini disc and thinking I was shit hot 😂

Spooksville books

Visiting Blockbuster every Saturday afternoon

Caravan holidays in the Lake District

Mizz magazine, especially the spooky section.

Opal fruits (Pft to starburst!)

Reactions: 5

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Turkey Dinosaurs
CK one
Rainbow Brite
Care Bears
Worst Witch
Byker Grove
Spice Girls and O2 impulse

Reactions: 4

mags

VIP Member
Omg I think you must be me :LOL: Down to the odd wee things like cartoons mirrors - mine was a Peanuts one too.
Does anyone remember Blue Jeans magazine with their photo stories? My then boyfriend aged about 15, was in a story with his brother and Dad! We were so excited - people were so sweetly naive about being in the media back then.
Brilliant! Glad I'm not the only old fogey here! 😁

I think Blue Jeans was the same kind of magazine as My Guy and Jackie. One of the neighbours used to give me those when she was finished with them (she was older and my pocket money only stretched so far!) I remember sending off a Jackie crossword and being thrilled when a cheque turned up in the post. Must've only been £5 or £10 but felt like a fortune and went straight into my bank account which I'd only opened because it came with a free clipboard/folder thingy for organising all my ultra important paperwork that I didn't have! Kids were so easily pleased back then!

Me and my peers learned so much about life, love, sex etc from teen mags. Do teens still buy magazines these days or have they been pretty much replaced by social media? (If so, heaven help them!)

Press Gang with Dexter Fletcher
Listening to anything on The OC soundtrack
I had such a silly crush on Dexter Fletcher at that age. Girls all fancied him and boys wanted to be like him (especially if it meant getting a bit of action with the pretty nerd, Julia Sawalha!) As a teenager my major crush was Matt Dillon though, especially after watching The Outsiders in a school English lesson. I bloody love that film still to this day - one of my all time faves.

I wasn't so much into The OC but in a similar vein really loved Dawsons Creek, Party of Five, Beverley Hills 90210 (original), The Wonder Years and the Australian show Heartbreak High.

Awww...this thread is giving me the warm and fuzzies!

Last edited:

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Spice Girls
Groovy Chick
Hey Arnold - move it football head!
Diggit on a Saturday morning followed by SMTV life, preferably accompanied by a bowl of coco pops
Spending my pocket money on Mizz, Smash Hits and TV Hits (and covering my walls with posters a first Spice Girls and then S Club / Blue / Steps and BWitched). Then getting far too sassy for my age and upgrading to Bliss, Sugar and J-17.
UFO yoghurts
Sunny Delight and the rumours of the kid that turned orange because he had it every day
10p Ice poles in the summer and evenings that felt warm until 10pm when you finally had to go in.
MSN Messenger every day after school and pretending I was doing homework every time my mum came in to my room to ask if she could use the phone line yet
Changing your screen name on MSN to include your current bestie / crush / philosophical song lyric
Bebo
Limewire and the first ever iPod mini
Jelly shoes - I had silver glitter wedges and they were my favourite thing ever
Shopping in Tammy Girl and my Mum telling me things were “too old” for me
Wishing away the years until I was old enough to shop in River Island. At 29 I now often feel too old!
Playing snake
Flipping a phone shut
An actual bus pass not an Oyster card (and my first ever solo bus journey to secondary school costing 40p!)
Cutting messages down to text speak to save spending 10p on going in to two messages
Buying a book that taught me how to compose ringtones and really really caring.
Buying ringtones / pranks from those ads in magazines - £3 for the latest N Dubz song to play every time your phone rang was a bargain.
Push pops and other cheap sherbet sweets (those coloured sticks of them that were like 2p each)
Talking about the cost of anything in pence
Wishing time away until my next milestone birthday..... 10, then 13, then 15 (no idea why), 16, 17, 18, 20, 21.... now 30 is approaching I’m clawing on to the time left of my 20s!

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I am back with more...

- The smell of Cabbage Patch Dolls
- Sun Lolly. We never had them at home but my best friend did. They remind me of summer days at hers.
- Home Farm Twins. I loved both the tv show and books.
- The Worst Witch. I still remember the theme song.
- Come Outside tv show.
- Tracy Beaker. My poor gran having to listen to the kids screaming on the show.
- Jacqueline Wilson books. I met her twice, she was lovely.
- Peter Rabbit cartoon. This was when I was very young but I remember the intro so clearly.
- Betty Spaghetti dolls.
- Sindy party house.
- Animal Hospital tv show and toys.
- Smelly gel pens. My fav one was grape.
- Anyone else remembers the computer game Zoombinis?
- The Sims 2 theme song.
- I played a lot of DK games as a kid, they had world explorer, science, etc. The body one was my favourite. Haha.
- Also, Living Books were another huge part of my childhood.
- Automatic High by S Club Juniors.
- Glitter Babes. It was a kid's beauty range at Boots.
- Matey bubble bath.
- Blockbuster. Gosh, it was so exciting going to pick a film and get some snacks.
- Um Bongo and Capri Sun.
- Recess / The Wild Thornberries.
- Tammy Girl.
- Woolworths. Loved the pick n mix section.
- Rainbow Drops.
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Also, the Sabrina cartoon.
- Zoey 101 theme song.
- The Simpsons theme song. A show I never watched at home but reminds me of my best friend's house.
- Eastenders theme.
- Club biscuits and echo bars.
- Mingles chocolates.

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
I have been extremely nostalgic the past couple of years. And I always get a nostalgia hit when I watch the scene in Love Actually where you see Mia's bedroom with the lilac and silver - my bedroom at home was very similar!

I loved Sugar magazine, Bliss, Smash Hits. The free gifts from Sugar were the best!
Polly Pocket
Tamagotchi
Heinz baked bean pizzas
Good Saturday night TV
Noels House Party
Strike it Rich/Lucky
The Chart Show on a Saturday lunchtime
Chesney Hawkes
5ive
Tammy Girl
Au Naturale homeware shop
Kickers shoes for school
When Friends was first on TV
Eurotrash on a Friday night, watching it with the sound turned right down so my parents wouldn't hear 😂
Shopping for new stationery before going back to school
Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High books
California Dreams, Saved By The Bell, Sister Sister
Impulse 02 body spray
Tommy Girl perfume
JLo Glow perfume
Kappa tracksuits

Reactions: 3

Pinkii

VIP Member
Anything from the 90’s gives me all the warm and fuzzy feelings.

sometimes i really want to decorate my house in the 90’s style so i can get that cosey home
Vibe. Basically still want the house from home alone with all the decor.

i feel like i’m stuck in the 90’s in my head, i love heart 90’s station, i constantly watch my 90’s shows, friends, saved by the bell, boy meets world.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member

Sugar/Bliss/More....and any magazine that had a "good" freebie like Collection 2000 lipstick or a bright red lip liner.

Smash Hits with the posters, song lyrics and the occasional free cassette tape.
Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!
Smash hits magazine 🤣
with yet another boyzone notebook NOBODY EVER NEEDS.
😒
4 stickers all saying something along the lines of “girls crew” or “WOW” (pre lmfo and omg” days)
And a poster of “the wanted” as the centre fold 🤣

Double tape decks, and taping off the radio
Waiting for a solid hour to get to the top 5, pressing record while HOLDING YOUR BREATH... and the damn DJ talks over the end of song 😒
Same time next Sunday then 😐

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!
Smash hits magazine 🤣
with yet another boyzone notebook NOBODY EVER NEEDS.
😒
4 stickers all saying something along the lines of “girls crew” or “WOW” (pre lmfo and omg” days)
And a poster of “the wanted” as the centre fold 🤣
Take That, East 17 and erm Adam Rickett were my poster boys 🙊
Stickers were goals especially holographic ones 😂

Highlandcow

VIP Member
I think Shout was a bit more for younger teens? (especially looking at it now where it seems more focused on Youtubers and online stuff with memes etc) where as Sugar tried to appeal more to 16-24, and I think covered more 'mature' stuff because of that like body image issues, health, relationships etc? They also tended to have a more wide range of celebs from what I remember with exclusive interviews, where as Shout tended to just use red carpet/event photos on the cover a lot of the time. I was quite sad when Sugar went bust tbh, I loved that and Company!

I loved Bliss and J-17 anyone remember the Diary of a Crush story in J-17 I loved it you would get a novel included once a year.

Horatio

VIP Member
Round the twist was an amazing freaky programme. I remember an episode where a girl wishes her brother would "shut his mouth" or something and his mouth gets smaller and smaller and disappears. That stuff you see as a kid really sticks with you and that one really freaked me out. I also have the theme tune in my head now.

I think it was based on Paul Jennings books anyone remember them? They had cool covers with one underneath the main one showing something weird.

Naysayer

Oh god! Blue jeans! I was more of a Jackie reader mind you. Dear Cathy and Claire problem page! TV for teen me was s.w.a.l.k think prunella scales was in it? Also liked shows like beat the teacher degrassi junior high and Jonny Briggs 🙂

F the dust.

VIP Member
Grange hill
Worzel gummage
Boyzone
Mary poppins
Goonies
Rollerskates
Charlie red
Most 90's pop songs.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Ah so many good ones already mentioned!

-scratch & sniff
-smelly gel pens
-chocker necklaces
-rubbing glitter body gel everywhere
-skirt over trousers
-combat trousers
-baggy boyfriend style jeans worn with pointy heels on a night out
-Smirnoff Ice
-tan towels (little sachets with a baby wipe covered in fake tan that you would rub all over and then wake up to see what your tan looked like!!!)

So many more!!!!!

Reactions: 2

Horatio

VIP Member
I loved Bliss and J-17 anyone remember the Diary of a Crush story in J-17 I loved it you would get a novel included once a year.
Yes! I remember I read one I think was a sequel though I hadn't read the other. It was about a girl on a US road trip with her boyfriend. Anyone else ?

Reactions: 2