Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
We leave one window open somewhere in the house all day during winter so our cat can pop in and out as he wishes, despite it bringing a chill to that particular room and probably not doing the heating bill any good. Can’t put a cat flap in because we rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
We still have our younger dog, he is 8.5, so lots of years left with him yet 👍🏻👍🏻 And hopefully we will also get a cat at some point too.

It was very hard, but she had gone downhill extremely quickly so it was definitely the right time and I’m glad we didn’t wait any longer.
you know when its the right time, dont you, as hard as it is. sorry i will shut up now, its too upsetting and still very recent for you. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Mememe9

Chatty Member
Omg this thread was made for me

Sometimes we hold our dogs bone so he can chew it easier and not have to hold it himself with no thumbs....
I also tuck my dog into bed every night.. after I’ve carried him to bed from the sofa...
Put the radio on for him when we go out
At Christmas he has his own doggy stocking full of presents
A doggy birthday cake every birthday
When cooking dinner we always give him some of whatever veg we’re chopping. Oh and he loves ice so any time we use the ice machine he gets a small piece.
Love this! I hold my dogs bone too so he can chew it!

I got my baby in feb just before lockdown. He has been my saviour. He’s a jackawawa so speaks for itself but he is the love of my life. Kept me going through my darkest days. The love he has for me is amazing. Every time I leave him I miss him and look at his photos. I never knew how much I needed him until now. He’s my everything. So spoilt. He has to sleep with my dressing gown every night. He is just amazing

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
My dad feeds the local stray cats out on some nearby common land, they all know him. One of them came to his front door last year and started meowing rather insistently. Dad opened the door and this cat went a short distance away and summoned this small single kitten, pretty much ushering it into the house - unheard of for this cat. So that's how my Dad now has 1 and a half pet cats.

The kitten stayed full time, Dad takes him on a walk every morning on a lead(!) and they go on holiday together in a campervan. The mother comes and goes as she pleases and now and then the grandmother will turn up for a visit.
Your dad is the cutest 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart

Taythomlau

I loooooove this thread. I give my black labrador bedtime biscuits, I also "wingman" him on walks to play with other dogs - so if I see a friendly looking dog ahead off its lead, I catch up so he can play and I also do this if a dog is behind me, I slow down and dawdle so the other dog catches up so they get to play - I looove seeing him playing and happy. He sleeps upstairs with my when my partners on nights, and every night I kiss and cuddle him and wish that he has sweet dreams of carrots and squirrels. Haha he is my absolute world❤❤ he gets a carrot every morning

• Heart

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
My heart is breaking reading about the losses but I'm also happy to read all the random things people do to keep their pets happy and feel loved.

I lost my dog earlier this year. I'd give anything to have my time over with her again, she was the best.

I made a donation to a local SPCA in her name to feed some puppies this Christmas ❤

• Heart

Trixabellee9393

I have two cats that I got when I was moving out, always had pets when I was a child and knew I needed them. I got them for free from someone down the street when they were kittens.
My living room has toys for them all over but they only want to play when I play with them so I play a full hour with them before bed every night, also so that they let me sleep!

They can sleep in my bed because my house is small and I feel sad for them if they dont have that space to roam around.
I worry about them when I go on holiday and demand photos everyday so I can see them.

I love my cats so much but sometimes I 'wished' I didnt have them because I worry about them a lot. Does anyone have that?
YES I know what you mean, my cats worry me every day when they don’t come in on time I go for walks to find them and carry them home also when my boy has to stay in the vets three nights in September for a broken leg I cried in bed for an hour I hated hated hated not having him at home it was vile so I know what u mean they cause a lot of heart break xxxxx

My cat is my baby 😸 she is the cutest and we would do anything for her and to keep her safe. We live in apartment and she is indoor cat so we let her have free reign, even on kitchen counters 🤫 that's what dettol is for 🤭

My husband put up safety netting all around the balcony so she can safely go out and sit, get some vit D and a better view of the birds 😹
She gets an Xmas gift and a birthday gift. She has a giant cat tree and lots of comfy places around the apartment to snooze, although she mostly sleeps on our bed (usually laying on one of us).
Any deliveries, she calls dibs on the boxes. When I got a tangle teaser she took a liking to it so that's her brush now 😸 she loves getting brushed.
I would love to get her a pram so we could go for walks but husband isn't too keen on that idea 😾😿

She is 8 yrs old now. Over the summer there she got really sick and things weren't looking good, we were so scared!!! But thankfully she surprised everyone and made a miraculous recovery 😸 We love her so much 💝
defo defo get a cat pram why not!!! It will love the fresh air and smells xxxxxxx come on I’m egging you on

• Heart

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
LOVE THIS THREAD SO MUCH!!
I have a 3 year old doggie and I love him so much.
sometimes when a car comes in my head I think I would actually throw myself in front of my dog if anything happened to save him 😂🤣🥺
His favourite food is cheese and I give him it grated on his brekkie and dinner (only a little bit)
He has a memory foam bed 😍 and also an alpaca blanket. He cries every night until I tuck him in.
on Xmas and birthday he gets presents which are wrapped and labelled.
I love him so much I’d genuinely do anything for him 🌈 my baby

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Drea1984

Chatty Member
I regularly greet my cat with more love than I show my partner 😱
I call him my big beautiful boy and tell him how much I love him. (Cat not my partner)

• Haha
  • Heart

Mrcelta854

On the 17th of May 2006 I travelled to collect my African grey parrot from a neighbouring town, almost 15 years on she's as healthy and happy as she's ever been, I still spoil her rotten must have spent 150 up the last year alone on toys and treats haha

Attachments

• Heart

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Dog number 1 sleep on my pillow and I have to get a smaller pillow to rest my head. He loves me and honestly is so worth it. Dog number 2 sometimes join us in bed, when he does, he sometimes take over 50% of the bed and husband and I would share the remaining 50%. Thank god we aren’t light sleeper but when you think of the limited time you get to spend with them, all these sacrifices are so worth it 😂

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
We have a French Bulldog. We wrap him up in his blanket like he's a burrito so he is nice and cosy.
In Winter, it gets to -40 here, we have a snood that we put on him to keep him warm when he goes to the bathroom.
A funny but disgusting one. We wipe his bottom after he does a poop. Frenchies are short so can't "clean" themselves... although, we say now, we would always wipe a dog's bum 😂😂.
On his birthday, he gets a birthday cookie and for Christmas he gets a stocking.
He loooves salmon, so sometimes he will get that as a food topper with his dinner, as well as cottage cheese. He also likes steak so on special occasions (birthday), he will get that too.
Hold his bone for him sometimes while he chews.
He loves the sun but it is too cold in winter to go out, so we move his bed around the floor to follow the sun :)
Sit with him while he eats his dinner... he loves the company, lol, and always looks back as if to say "thank you" 🥺

• Heart

Allthevest20

VIP Member
I love my cat, sometimes more that my human children. She always sleeps in bed with us every night. My pre kid clubbing days id get her a box of chicken every time I went out , even when I didnt get my self anything. Now when we go to mcdoanlds I always buy her a cheese burger 😂
YES! I did this for my cat (bringing home a chicken takeaway!) People thought I was mad hahaha

My cat is a spoilt boy. Rescue. I'm home number 3 and he took ALOT of work and patience to stop him being violent. Still has the odd outburst and I will ignore him for a while until he's calm. He has his own Xmas stocking, rule of the house. I had to go away for work for 1 night and I cried on the way there 🤣. He has a catio which cost a fortune so he doesn't get squished on the road outside (or bring me presents) which he loves. I even bought a rug doctor because when he is super super stressed he can soil outside his tray (only happened twice in nearly 2 years but once was excessive when I went away and a cat sitter stayed) we solved his issue though - she didn't give him snacks when she went out 🤣. Spoilt boy!

• Heart

Trixabellee9393

But you get so much in return right? I have a glass door behind my front door and one of them always stands up and streches himself when he sees me coming home!
Yeah they’ve helped my mental health a lot I have anxiety and depression and it’s a great medicine xx

• Heart
My 9year old staffy doesn't like drinking water from his bowl so I fill a cup of water from the shower (his own cup lol) and he drinks from that 🤷‍♀️I'm basically his servant 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

MaxieMoo

VIP Member
It would seem that I also replace the kitten’s dinner if she doesn’t like it 🙈
I do that with our cat. If I put wet food down and he doesn't want it I'll put a different pouch down. Then he will eat that pouch plus the one he turned his nose up at! They play us don't they 😁.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My cat enjoys going out in the rain so she gets regular towel drys. Her bed also gets moved around the house so she can sit in the same room as us. The cat we had before her had his own order from the Indian takeaway!
A few years ago my friend's cat went missing. Her daughter who was 5 at the time was in tears as they'd had him since she was a baby and he was her lap cat.

Not holding out much hope, my friend put posters up around the area.
Eight days later there was a knock at her door and a man stood there with the cat in his arms.
Turned out he'd spent the week in the local Indian takeaway a couple of streets away where he'd been spoiled rotten for the week and had definitely put on a few pounds.

To this day, he's partial to chicken korma 😸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11