Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
Omg this thread was made for me

Sometimes we hold our dogs bone so he can chew it easier and not have to hold it himself with no thumbs....
I also tuck my dog into bed every night.. after I’ve carried him to bed from the sofa...
Put the radio on for him when we go out
At Christmas he has his own doggy stocking full of presents
A doggy birthday cake every birthday
When cooking dinner we always give him some of whatever veg we’re chopping. Oh and he loves ice so any time we use the ice machine he gets a small piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Sparks

Chatty Member
What don't I do for my animals. I have 2 cats and one dog. I am sometimes mean to my actual kids, if the cat is sitting on me and they want something I say I can't because I can't disturb the cat. The pets get breakfast before anyone else gets food. The cats sleep in bed with me, not the dog, he is too big and sheds too much. I love animals and always had pets. I joke with my husband and say we will never get another pet. But we both know we would go and get another one. A house is not a home without a pet.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Tricham

Chatty Member
One of our cats, when it is really cold, cuddles against me under the duvet. The other one sometimes lays in between us, next to our heads. We planned not to let pets in the bedroom, before we got them.. I think it failed on the first night! Wouldn't have it any other way now.

We let them have human food. Not a huge quantity, obviously. But they love nothing more than trying my popcorn, ice cream, hot chocolate, crisps. They love licking the taramasalata pot too! They can be rather naughty and jump onto the kitchen counters and steal food, like dogs. I left a loaf of bread on the side recently, only to find the packaging chewed and crusts nibbles at. So every now and then, I let them have human food as a treat!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Felix08

Chatty Member
I have two cats that I got when I was moving out, always had pets when I was a child and knew I needed them. I got them for free from someone down the street when they were kittens.
My living room has toys for them all over but they only want to play when I play with them so I play a full hour with them before bed every night, also so that they let me sleep!

They can sleep in my bed because my house is small and I feel sad for them if they dont have that space to roam around.
I worry about them when I go on holiday and demand photos everyday so I can see them.

I love my cats so much but sometimes I 'wished' I didnt have them because I worry about them a lot. Does anyone have that?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

lime

Omg I love this thread.

Me and my cat live alone just the two of us and for Christmas will visit my parents but first she had to have her bath and pamper ready to see her nan and grandad. A bath in Johnson & Johnsons and her nails clipped and ears cleaned, all fluffy and soft and ready to see everyone. They treat her like their grandchild and will probably have more presents wrapped for her than me. When she's at my house she has the exact same eating routine every day not too many treats really but I find it so adorable when we're staying at my mums she will constantly be fussing over her and saying she wants this and that, waiting on her hand and foot lol. It's so cute. I don't know what I would have done without my cat this year, she really is my reason to smile every day and I don't care how sad that makes me sound. I have days where I struggle to even shower myself or face the day but I will always, always, always look after her and make sure her space is clean and tidy and warm and she's fed and watered and safe from harm.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

TJ90

VIP Member
Every time I used to leave the house I’d always say to my dog ‘Be good. Be safe. Be careful. Mummy loves you’
They were also the last words I said to him before he was put to sleep as well. He was my first pet and my constant. That was two years ago and my heart has never fully healed.
I recently got a puppy and he’s amazing, love him to bits but I can’t repeat my phrase I had with my old dog, it’s too painful. I’m in tears now thinking of him. When he passed away I had all his toys cut up and made into a memory dog - kind of like the memory bears people have out of their baby’s first outfits.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Gerbils always get a cardboard box to destroy during the night and a treat hidden inside. Plus a extra treat if the come to my hand when I call their name and give them a quick love. I call it putting my kids to bed.

Gerbils always get a cardboard box to destroy during the night and a treat hidden inside. Plus a extra treat if the come to my hand when I call their name and give them a quick love. I call it putting my kids to bed.
Find myself taking things out of boxes so they have a box for bedtime 😂

• Heart

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Used to take mine on a walk at least twice a day. Nothing special in that except she was a cat.
The odd looks I used to get people thinking I was talking to a lamppost. The older she got though she would insist on a nap half way round so I would have to sit and wait.
Sometimes it was a right pain but I knew she enjoyed it. It was our time miss those walks so much💔
I really want to walk out cat my partner has said he’ll leave me 🙈

• Haha

SamBamford

I walk for miles searching for the preferred weeds that my tortoise likes to eat. Some grow nearer to my house but they are on the bypass with traffic and I won't pick those thinking they can't be as good for her with all the traffic fumes. I also don't pick any that are on dog walking routes in case they have been weed on. I prefer to walk to less population places for her weeds even though I doubt she knows the difference.

• Heart

Carmen 6

VIP Member
Every Christmas, I put a glittery rossette on my tortoise's shell.
She doesn't actually notice or care, but it makes me happy.
🐢🎀

• Heart
Reactions: 16

mcfeez

VIP Member
My girl just loves company and loves to be sitting on someone or right beside them, regardless of how convenient it is for us. She curls up on my lap all the time while I'm trying to work - it really cramps by ability to use the laptop but I couldn't move her lol.

20200927_162311.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

MaxieMoo

VIP Member
Our cat is thoroughly loved. It's now nearly 4am and we are wide awake due to the mousey gift that has just been brought home. Mouse rescued and taken back to the field it came from and cat kissed, fussed given some dreamies whilst being told that he is a naughty boy! Now asleep on his blanket on our bed. Such a sod but we adore him. He could get away with murder, literally 🐁🐁🐁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Trixabellee9393

I’ve been known to spoon feed the dog 🤷‍♀️
oh I do this with treats and dry food I put it in there mouth for them 😂

One of our cats, when it is really cold, cuddles against me under the duvet. The other one sometimes lays in between us, next to our heads. We planned not to let pets in the bedroom, before we got them.. I think it failed on the first night! Wouldn't have it any other way now.

We let them have human food. Not a huge quantity, obviously. But they love nothing more than trying my popcorn, ice cream, hot chocolate, crisps. They love licking the taramasalata pot too! They can be rather naughty and jump onto the kitchen counters and steal food, like dogs. I left a loaf of bread on the side recently, only to find the packaging chewed and crusts nibbles at. So every now and then, I let them have human food as a treat!
Yes our cats always have to have a taste of our dinner! Last night I had to sacrifice a few pieces of chicken from my pizza 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
Unfortunately our older dog was put to sleep during the summer, but before that she used to love bubbles. So quite often when the kids were finished we would blow bubbles just for her. She loved snapping them and popping them.
sorry about your lovely dog, our dog had to be put to sleep before i got my cats, he was 14 its heartbreaking isnt it ? x MIght you get another pet?

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
sorry about your lovely dog, our dog had to be put to sleep before i got my cats, he was 14 its heartbreaking isnt it ? x MIght you get another pet?
We still have our younger dog, he is 8.5, so lots of years left with him yet 👍🏻👍🏻 And hopefully we will also get a cat at some point too.

It was very hard, but she had gone downhill extremely quickly so it was definitely the right time and I’m glad we didn’t wait any longer.

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
My cat is ridiculously spoiled. He loves being warm and cosy and is always found under the living room radiator. My dad bought a cat stand (?) so it was flush against the radiator and has turned it in to his little cat sanctuary. He has his cat sleeping pillow on it, his two toys of choice and some water so he can sit more comfortably. He also loves the real fire place - he meows and lies next to it until we get the message and put it on for him. Rain or shine, when he meows for it, the fire is on. Often on colder days like this when he's still out, if we're all upstairs, we will leave the fire on for him bc when he comes in, he'll need to warm up. Gas bill who?

The cat also has an OBSESSION with fried chicken (without the skin) - I dont know how it started but whenever we had some, he would go crazy for some. It used to be a weekly treat whenever we had some however it has now turned in to me going in the takeaway buying a single piece of chicken at least 4 days a week, just for him. Every time I come home at a certain time, he comes running bc he knows. On the days, I don't have it, he follows me around and waits and I feel so BAD. The takeaway owner fully knows me and my cat by name now. So embarrassing.

AND he has his own frigging iPad. We put on cat games for him on Youtube! He loves it and it keeps him entertained for ages! He even recognises the ads and will patiently wait for them to end so he can begin 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14