Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
On the 17th of May 2006 I travelled to collect my African grey parrot from a neighbouring town, almost 15 years on she's as healthy and happy as she's ever been, I still spoil her rotten must have spent 150 up the last year alone on toys and treats haha
Oh she's beautiful 😍 I love birds they are the best. I have a conure and he's got the biggest personality

Reactions: 1

Allthevest20

VIP Member
Our cats water fountain broke, and the new one hasn’t arrived. She has been refusing to drink from a bowl, so we’ve been running taps for her to drink from
My cat was scared of the fountain I got him 🤣 he only drinks water from a clear glass bowl though .... I regret not buying the ones I saw in B&M the other day as backups tbh!

• Wow

keytotruth

VIP Member
Totally agree: I’ve never had a night away not even more than 8 hours I would hate it. My dog is my life and soul and means so much to me. They are a big part of your life I totally understand

I would do this! I always panic someone might break in while we’re out and take him! I even close the blinds!
We have a ring system for this reason.and o yes biggest part of your life
You only have them for part of yours they have you for all of theirs, make it special and worth it

• Heart

Mememe9

Chatty Member
We have a ring system for this reason.and o yes biggest part of your life
You only have them for part of yours they have you for all of theirs, make it special and worth it
Thing is I was so against getting him
But I give in and so glad I did because I couldn’t imagine my life with out him. He Makes everything instantly better and to know how much they love you

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Our cats water fountain broke, and the new one hasn’t arrived. She has been refusing to drink from a bowl, so we’ve been running taps for her to drink from
I bought one of these and my cats just ignored it! I have to use water bottles all the time at home as mine seem to only drink from my glasses

• Haha

Sardine

Chatty Member
:rolleyes: the amount of times I have left bags of dreamies out by accident and woken up to a chewed open bag with broken dreamies all over the floor
great avatar btw!
Thank you 🥰 one of my fave shows

Omg that's hilarious. They're so clever aren't they? ❤😂

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
This is really off topic and not about pets but there is a lot of animal lovers on here so I’m thinking this might be the best place.

I found an injured rat on the pavement earlier. It was obviously not well before but then crows were pecking at it it was awful. Managed to get him into a box (gloved of course) there were tiny blood trails on the box when I put him in. I was pretty sure he’s dying anyway so I thought just put him in the box in the shed away from other animals attacking him so he can die in peace. 4 hours later and he’s still breathing bless him. Put a bit of food, water and shredded paper in there to keep him comfortable but it’s breaking my heart.

He’s actually moved to a different corner but looks like he’s just sleeping again. I’m really hoping he dies in his sleep as I don’t believe he can get any better he wouldn’t have been on the pavement in the middle of the day not able to move if not. I’ve been crying for ages I can’t stop thinking about it. I know they are vermin but I’m pretty sure he’s already dying so just wanted him to be comfortable. Does anyone know if there’s anything else I can do? People say online to just put them out of their misery but I can’t do anything life that 😢 I hate to think I’m prolonging his pain but he would have been dying like this in the wild anyway.

Sorry if this sounds stupid it’s just really playing on my mind and even though he’s a rat I hate to see any animal in pain.
Probably not what you want to hear, but the most human thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

Have you got a friendly neighbour you could leave the box out for them to help?

even if it does recover, at the end of the day rats are pests, and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to release them back into the wild - it certainly is for squirrels

Gembo

VIP Member
This is really off topic and not about pets but there is a lot of animal lovers on here so I’m thinking this might be the best place.

I found an injured rat on the pavement earlier. It was obviously not well before but then crows were pecking at it it was awful. Managed to get him into a box (gloved of course) there were tiny blood trails on the box when I put him in. I was pretty sure he’s dying anyway so I thought just put him in the box in the shed away from other animals attacking him so he can die in peace. 4 hours later and he’s still breathing bless him. Put a bit of food, water and shredded paper in there to keep him comfortable but it’s breaking my heart.

He’s actually moved to a different corner but looks like he’s just sleeping again. I’m really hoping he dies in his sleep as I don’t believe he can get any better he wouldn’t have been on the pavement in the middle of the day not able to move if not. I’ve been crying for ages I can’t stop thinking about it. I know they are vermin but I’m pretty sure he’s already dying so just wanted him to be comfortable. Does anyone know if there’s anything else I can do? People say online to just put them out of their misery but I can’t do anything life that 😢 I hate to think I’m prolonging his pain but he would have been dying like this in the wild anyway.

Sorry if this sounds stupid it’s just really playing on my mind and even though he’s a rat I hate to see any animal in pain.
Oh no that’s awful, I would really struggle with that too. I don’t know what you can do, can you call a vet? Even just for advice? If he does die at least you have made it more comfortable for him. I would be crying too I can’t even think about an animal suffering 😔

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Oh no that’s awful, I would really struggle with that too. I don’t know what you can do, can you call a vet? Even just for advice? If he does die at least you have made it more comfortable for him. I would be crying too I can’t even think about an animal suffering 😔
I’ve tried looking online and the vets or rspca say basically urgent things only I don’t think they really care about wild rats 😔Obviously I know it happens and wildlife dies all the time but to see it is just heartbreaking. I’ve been out 3 times to check on him but there is nothing more I can do to help him so will just have to look in the morning. I’ve just been sat crying for ages. I feel guilty thinking if I hadn’t seen him that the crows would have carried on pecking him and that might have been a quicker death for him. 😢