What Mummy Makes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is awesome and makes loads of delicious, healthy food for the whole family using ingredients you are likely to have at home. I really hope her book does well. Rebecca doesn't come across as a dick. She loves her daughter, has a passion for cooking and is just a normal mum who has filled a gap in the market. I think she is brill!

Reactions: 8
Agreed! Have been following her for a while and she saved my sanity making things my baby would eat and my big toddler would try. She seems lovely

Reactions: 2
Does she actually have any nutrition or childhood weaning/development degrees? All her food seems tasty and comforting but very unhealthy. Just because she sticks a few bits of veg in a meal doesn’t even out all the cheese and fatty meat she uses on the daily. It’s unhealthy in my opinion (I do have basic nutrition education)

Does she actually have any nutrition or childhood weaning/development degrees? All her food seems tasty and comforting but very unhealthy. Just because she sticks a few bits of veg in a meal doesn’t even out all the cheese and fatty meat she uses on the daily. It’s unhealthy in my opinion (I do have basic nutrition education)
Fats and carbs are really important for children but agree to some extent. It'd be nice see more veg actually in the food and more variety but I don't think her food seems unhealthy, personally.

I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.

Reactions: 1
I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.
I wondered about this, I do think she’s amazing but wonder about the qualification, I made some muffins once and it was half a block of butter and cheese for just 12 muffins 😷 made me feel a bit ill looking at it all

I wondered about this, I do think she’s amazing but wonder about the qualification, I made some muffins once and it was half a block of butter and cheese for just 12 muffins 😷 made me feel a bit ill looking at it all
It really is excessive. I saw that she uses the fat cooked off the meat and puts it in pasta sauces too. 🤢

• Sick
I've made a few of her things but I find her measurements aren't accurate, I've jotted my changes down in a notepad. I wanted to buy her book for handiness but I'm just not fully convinced.

Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks.

I really thought it was full fat stuff and limited wholegrains until 5. Not if you're using a lot of dairy though I suppose.

I am seeing more and more that she could really do with more veg actually in the foods. I think for a few recipes here and there her page is great but it'd be nice to see more vegetable based dishes.

I came here to see if someone is on the same page with me.. Nina is really sweet but i don’t think rebecca is putting the right nutritional pillars in her upbringing.. the meals she cooks are fine from time to time but not as a daily menu. I see it as a home cooked fast food. It is all to greasy..fried..baked with loaded ingredients. I have never seen her serving nina with plain fish - grilled/cooked or some plain vegetable/fish/meat soup or some stews. Aditionally, healthy appetite is great but if the child eats the amount of food she shows every day, in my opinion it is overeating.. she eats three adult size meals s day.. and she makes fun when people say that nina is greedy with her foods..but anyone who has seen her eating would have difficult time explaining it differently..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
We’ve just started weaning and I was recommended the page by a friend. The food looks lovely and a bit more ‘normal’ (wean in 15 has one or two questionable things) and she seems like a great, fun mum. Her little girl is the cutest too. I’m amazed by her appetite but know that one of my nephews has always eaten huge portions of anything you give him whereas the other one would take two mouthfuls and refuse anymore (not much better 9 years later😂). I did show her page to my husband who immediately clocked the huge amounts of butter in recipes and then the ad for kerrygold a bit further down the page so that might have something to do with high fat content in some recipes x

I came here to see if someone is on the same page with me.. Nina is really sweet but i don’t think rebecca is putting the right nutritional pillars in her upbringing.. the meals she cooks are fine from time to time but not as a daily menu. I see it as a home cooked fast food. It is all to greasy..fried..baked with loaded ingredients. I have never seen her serving nina with plain fish - grilled/cooked or some plain vegetable/fish/meat soup or some stews. Aditionally, healthy appetite is great but if the child eats the amount of food she shows every day, in my opinion it is overeating.. she eats three adult size meals s day.. and she makes fun when people say that nina is greedy with her foods..but anyone who has seen her eating would have difficult time explaining it differently..
I’ve never actually thought about this, your right! Woah my opinion is changing quickly

My son eats 3 big meals a day I actually asked my health visitor if he was eating too much she said babies/toddlers regulate there feeding so not to worry and Plus he’s on the 5th percentile still ha

I agree. Everyone loves a treat now and then but the stodge and fat in those meals are excessive in my opinion. I’d feel quite sick if I ate them on the daily and I wouldn’t dream of feeding my child like that constantly. Obesity is a huge problem at the moment and we really should be educating our children early about looking after our bodies. That being said, no one is perfect but we must try!

She has an absolute cheese obsession, I swear every recipe calls for half a block! I know that fats are good for infants but she also markets herself on food for the whole family - and I would blow up like a balloon if I ate her food all of the time!

I dont feel like her food any better than feeding your kids chips, chicken nuggets and abit of frozen veg ever day 🤔

Most of the meals she makes we would only have once or twice a week due to the fat intake.

I do like some of her ideas. I have followed them and slightly switched the ingredients for something abit more healthy. She seems a nice woman, who is normal and a good mum.

Reactions: 4
I've only recently started following her and I've tried a few of her recipes. Agreed they are definitely loaded up with fats - i made some salmon and cheese pinwheels and it was A LOT. But I figure my 1 year old will only eat one and the rest go in the freezer. I think a lot of these types of accounts seem to swing from one extreme to the other. Hardly any of them seem to be balanced 🤷🏼‍♀️

I dont feel like her food any better than feeding your kids chips, chicken nuggets and abit of frozen veg ever day 🤔

Most of the meals she makes we would only have once or twice a week due to the fat intake.

I do like some of her ideas. I have followed them and slightly switched the ingredients for something abit more healthy. She seems a nice woman, who is normal and a good mum.
I actually looked back and a lot of her earlier posts and recipes seem more balanced and more veg based than they are now?

Some of her meals are fab, others just didn’t work. Don’t bother trying the porridge fingers. Absolute rubber. Also, I know this is rave about but her hair. I know it’s lockdown but it needs a treatment. It’s dry and frizzy and I can’t watch her stories because of it. And I’m sporting 6 inch brown roots on blonde highlights so I’m no one to talk

• Haha
Reactions: 5