What Mummy Makes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Rebecca Wilson is a mum, trained peer-to-peer breastfeeding volunteer supporter and creator of the popular Instagram channel @WhatMummyMakes.', according to Amazon.

So no, wouldn't appear so. There are lots of weaning instagrammers at the moment though, or maybe I'm just noticing because it's where I am with my own baby. As much as I can't stand Joe Wicks, I think he did have a nutritional expert's input on his book.

Reactions: 1
I’ve started following her recently and came here as I was wondering if anyone else feels how I feel. From what I can see Rebecca is very much overweight (I would assume morbidly obese but I obviously don’t know her BMI), her poor little girl looks like she’s following in her footsteps. None of her meals seem massively healthy either. Yes there is veg but everything looks fried or with a cheese/butter overload. Why are parents looking to her for weaning advice? I’d really feel like I’d failed as a parent if my little boy was overweight, it would be setting him up for a lifetime of problems. She also doesn’t allow her daughter anything “sweet” and portrays desserts as “naughty”! Which in my opinion is 100% sending out the wrong message to her daughter! When I have chocolate I don’t make a big deal out of it and allow my little boy some as I know he’ll also eat all of the healthy nutritious food I cook him. I want him to have a healthy relationship with food and to never see any food as “naughty” or something that he shouldn’t be eating

Reactions: 9
Also I have to say it massively confuses me why she’s trying to normalise feeding children cheese loaded puff pastry pinwheels when childhood obesity is such an issue at the moment, and also why she thinks it’s normal making her and her child porridge with full fat milk in the mornings. YES her child should be having full fat milk, but surely no adult actually consumes that much full fat milk unless they’re actively trying to gain weight. I really feel like parents now a days desperately need a lesson on good nutrition and how to feed the whole family HEALTHILY, whereas parents are turning to Instagram seeing her recipes and feeding everyone that fat loaded food. I can only see her contributing to the obesity issue more and more

Reactions: 4
I’ve started following her recently and came here as I was wondering if anyone else feels how I feel. From what I can see Rebecca is very much overweight (I would assume morbidly obese but I obviously don’t know her BMI), her poor little girl looks like she’s following in her footsteps. None of her meals seem massively healthy either. Yes there is veg but everything looks fried or with a cheese/butter overload. Why are parents looking to her for weaning advice? I’d really feel like I’d failed as a parent if my little boy was overweight, it would be setting him up for a lifetime of problems. She also doesn’t allow her daughter anything “sweet” and portrays desserts as “naughty”! Which in my opinion is 100% sending out the wrong message to her daughter! When I have chocolate I don’t make a big deal out of it and allow my little boy some as I know he’ll also eat all of the healthy nutritious food I cook him. I want him to have a healthy relationship with food and to never see any food as “naughty” or something that he shouldn’t be eating
I think she feeds Nina far too much personally and seems almost obsessed with her eating every crumb. Everything’s so beige and incredibly British. My son loves trying all different cuisines, Italian, absolutely loves Mexican, Chinese, etc.

Reactions: 2
I think she feeds Nina far too much personally and seems almost obsessed with her eating every crumb. Everything’s so beige and incredibly British. My son loves trying all different cuisines, Italian, absolutely loves Mexican, Chinese, etc.
Same! We've had tofu stir fry, Italian baked rice and fajitas this week, and will be having paella for tea!

She’s just said in her latest grid post that she gives tones of guidance and advice on weaning in her new book and also answers all of the questions that she gets. Is she actually qualified to be doing that in a published book?
She isn’t. That’s the annoying thing. Zero qualifications or experience

She is overweight but I dont think it's fair to call her morbidly obese
I would definitely say she’s bordering on morbidly obese. If she isn’t now, I don’t think she is far away from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She isn’t. That’s the annoying thing. Zero qualifications or experience

I would definitely say she’s bordering on morbidly obese. If she isn’t now, I don’t think she is far away from it.
Agreed, she’s beyond overweight. I’m a size 8 and BMI says I’m overweight. She’s obese and it’s bound to have an effect on her health

Wow thought this was a rave thread, I’m pretty sure there is a trash thread for her.

Reactions: 3

Rant thread if anybody wants it

Wow thought this was a rave thread, I’m pretty sure there is a trash thread for her.
Exactly - some of the posts about her and Nina are not very nice.

She has also just posted that she worked alongside a child nutritionist for the book to ensure all advise was correct and recipes suitable for children/weaning babies.

Reactions: 4
In her grid post tonight she says that her book has been checked over by a dietician and nutritionist to make sure it’s healthy - I wonder what they had to say about he recipes! Healthy is not a word I’d use to describe them!

I’ve lost track if this is the rant or rave thread!

I’m sure she has been hanging around here..because few days after i’ve written she never serves nina simple nutritional meals - grilled/cooked fish/meat with veggies etc..she mentions that nina had salmon from the oven with veggies.. of course, no picture attached. Only pictures of those ridiculous fatbombing foods each and every day.. nina looks like she started getting puffy recently.. i noticed this lately.. and it disturbs me how rebecca apparently makes faces during the meal until nina finally gets the message and says it is tasty. Common! Not every meal needs or has to be tasty or delicios. And she promotes the book as family recipe book..and when you see her..those are not the recepies you want to be cooking..

If she made a desserts cookbook, then you know what you are getting yourself into.. But to disguise her book as a family and weaning cookbook.. :eek:
Somebody should react to that.

Same! We've had tofu stir fry, Italian baked rice and fajitas this week, and will be having paella for tea!
Christ, are you here to discuss what mummy makes or are you here to stealth boast about how amazing you are as a parent coz your child eats all the above🥱 I bet it’s alllll because you did baby led weaning and, what is it the all sanctimums say, “didn’t force feed them slop from a spoon” 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 7
Christ, are you here to discuss what mummy makes or are you here to stealth boast about how amazing you are as a parent coz your child eats all the above🥱 I bet it’s alllll because you did baby led weaning and, what is it the all sanctimums say, “didn’t force feed them slop from a spoon” 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Err no most families eat what I said above at least on a weekly basis. Who eats just British food every single day. Making some fajitas or chicken fried rice takes 20 mins, kids need a variety. I am sorry you obviously feel insecure about what your child eats. And by the way, I did mixed methods of feeding, there’s no benefits to baby led weaning. I feel like you are targeting your insecurities in the wrong place. Anyway, back to whatmummymakes... PS how is saying you give your kids paella or fajitas a stealth boost? It’s a basic principle of parenting to make your children nutritious food

Err no most families eat what I said above at least on a weekly basis. Who eats just British food every single day. Making some fajitas or chicken fried rice takes 20 mins, kids need a variety. I am sorry you obviously feel insecure about what your child eats. And by the way, I did mixed methods of feeding, there’s no benefits to baby led weaning. I feel like you are targeting your insecurities in the wrong place. Anyway, back to whatmummymakes... PS how is saying you give your kids paella or fajitas a stealth boost? It’s a basic principle of parenting to make your children nutritious food
This is a rave thread! Just annoys me if someone goes on to a trash thread and says something nice they are slated but you can come on a rave thread and slag them off. If you don’t like what she does go to the trash thread 🙄 this one was set up to rave about her.

No, don’t feel insecure at all, what a strange comment 😂 just don’t understand the need to rhyme off what my child eats on a gossip website unless it was for some strange sense of self satisfaction. Oh well, like you say, back to what mummy makes...

Wowee just making conversation but that's me told, off I go.