Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulamay

I’ve started following her recently and came here as I was wondering if anyone else feels how I feel. From what I can see Rebecca is very much overweight (I would assume morbidly obese but I obviously don’t know her BMI), her poor little girl looks like she’s following in her footsteps. None of her meals seem massively healthy either. Yes there is veg but everything looks fried or with a cheese/butter overload. Why are parents looking to her for weaning advice? I’d really feel like I’d failed as a parent if my little boy was overweight, it would be setting him up for a lifetime of problems. She also doesn’t allow her daughter anything “sweet” and portrays desserts as “naughty”! Which in my opinion is 100% sending out the wrong message to her daughter! When I have chocolate I don’t make a big deal out of it and allow my little boy some as I know he’ll also eat all of the healthy nutritious food I cook him. I want him to have a healthy relationship with food and to never see any food as “naughty” or something that he shouldn’t be eating

Reactions: 9

Punkpunkpunk

I think she is awesome and makes loads of delicious, healthy food for the whole family using ingredients you are likely to have at home. I really hope her book does well. Rebecca doesn't come across as a dick. She loves her daughter, has a passion for cooking and is just a normal mum who has filled a gap in the market. I think she is brill!

Reactions: 8
I think she feeds Nina far too much personally and seems almost obsessed with her eating every crumb. Everything’s so beige and incredibly British. My son loves trying all different cuisines, Italian, absolutely loves Mexican, Chinese, etc.
Same! We've had tofu stir fry, Italian baked rice and fajitas this week, and will be having paella for tea!
Christ, are you here to discuss what mummy makes or are you here to stealth boast about how amazing you are as a parent coz your child eats all the above🥱 I bet it’s alllll because you did baby led weaning and, what is it the all sanctimums say, “didn’t force feed them slop from a spoon” 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 7
Does she intentionally pretend not to have a husband? I appreciate he might want to avoid the limelight but she doesn’t even allude to the fact that there’s a whole other human being in her house. Always me and ‘Nini’ two plates of food etc.

Reactions: 6

FauxShow

I'm pretty sure this is a rave thread, so perhaps some people should head on out.

I personally think she's a wonderful mum, Nina is absolutely gorgeous, and as a very busy NHS worker with a toddler, her recipe book is often my go to for quick easy meals that I know the whole family will eat.

She seems completely harmless, and just a loving mummy trying to do her best.

So what if her husband doesn't want to be involved? I imagine mine would t either 😂 but that's not really grounds for a slating is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

MrOnions

Some of her meals are fab, others just didn’t work. Don’t bother trying the porridge fingers. Absolute rubber. Also, I know this is rave about but her hair. I know it’s lockdown but it needs a treatment. It’s dry and frizzy and I can’t watch her stories because of it. And I’m sporting 6 inch brown roots on blonde highlights so I’m no one to talk

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Mummy2bee

I really enjoy her page and have pre ordered her book. I have annabel karmel book and joe wicks book too, and I make a mix of all 3 for my 9 month old. I don’t concern myself with the cheese content etc because generally If making pinwheels for example my son eats one at a time and rest go in freezer (or I eat them!) and he needs full fat dairy products. As with everything in parenting it’s personal choice and I think it’s good to have a range of options. My husband also much prefers when I make her dishes for dinner than joe wicks ones 😂. I think it’s easy to get carried away with monitoring what our babies have- they need fat/calcium/vitamin D etc which are found in normal foods like hers!

Reactions: 4

Lulamay

Also I have to say it massively confuses me why she’s trying to normalise feeding children cheese loaded puff pastry pinwheels when childhood obesity is such an issue at the moment, and also why she thinks it’s normal making her and her child porridge with full fat milk in the mornings. YES her child should be having full fat milk, but surely no adult actually consumes that much full fat milk unless they’re actively trying to gain weight. I really feel like parents now a days desperately need a lesson on good nutrition and how to feed the whole family HEALTHILY, whereas parents are turning to Instagram seeing her recipes and feeding everyone that fat loaded food. I can only see her contributing to the obesity issue more and more

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Something I’ve always wondered about as she has said it a few times..

How do frozen berries help porridge cook? I understand the hot porridge thawing the berries but I don’t know what she means when she says the berries help the porridge cook?
It’s a typo - she means that the frozen berries help the porridge to COOL so you can serve it quicker!!

• Haha

Cacaca

Wow thought this was a rave thread, I’m pretty sure there is a trash thread for her.
Exactly - some of the posts about her and Nina are not very nice.

She has also just posted that she worked alongside a child nutritionist for the book to ensure all advise was correct and recipes suitable for children/weaning babies.

Titntat

VIP Member
I dont feel like her food any better than feeding your kids chips, chicken nuggets and abit of frozen veg ever day 🤔

Most of the meals she makes we would only have once or twice a week due to the fat intake.

I do like some of her ideas. I have followed them and slightly switched the ingredients for something abit more healthy. She seems a nice woman, who is normal and a good mum.

Imogenis

I came here to see if someone is on the same page with me.. Nina is really sweet but i don’t think rebecca is putting the right nutritional pillars in her upbringing.. the meals she cooks are fine from time to time but not as a daily menu. I see it as a home cooked fast food. It is all to greasy..fried..baked with loaded ingredients. I have never seen her serving nina with plain fish - grilled/cooked or some plain vegetable/fish/meat soup or some stews. Aditionally, healthy appetite is great but if the child eats the amount of food she shows every day, in my opinion it is overeating.. she eats three adult size meals s day.. and she makes fun when people say that nina is greedy with her foods..but anyone who has seen her eating would have difficult time explaining it differently..

Last edited:
She’s just said in her latest grid post that she gives tones of guidance and advice on weaning in her new book and also answers all of the questions that she gets. Is she actually qualified to be doing that in a published book?
She isn’t. That’s the annoying thing. Zero qualifications or experience

She is overweight but I dont think it's fair to call her morbidly obese
I would definitely say she’s bordering on morbidly obese. If she isn’t now, I don’t think she is far away from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Tweetypie

I like some of her recipes but none of it is groundbreaking. It’s basically just very easy stuff for mums who don’t know how / have the imagination to cook. She uses way, way too much cheese. the recipes I have copied, I’ve used basically 1/10th of the cheese she does. The carrot cake porridge And spinach pie are good though - my toddler liked that, and it actually was a bit different. I don’t really need to be taught how to make 50 pastas / a frittata / egg muffin etc.

Casperron

VIP Member
Something I’ve always wondered about as she has said it a few times..

How do frozen berries help porridge cook? I understand the hot porridge thawing the berries but I don’t know what she means when she says the berries help the porridge cook?
Why would u want frozen rock hard fruit on your breakfast that would break ur teeth

• Haha

Starttheline

VIP Member
I've made a few of her recipes as a treat, but otherwise they do feel pretty unhealthy.. The cream cheese puff pastry tarts are delicious but not for a regular breakfast! I recently looked through her highlights to get some inspiration for the week and all her meals are very samey... I'm surprised she's managed to fill a recipe book.

Some of her meals are fab, others just didn’t work. Don’t bother trying the porridge fingers. Absolute rubber. Also, I know this is rave about but her hair. I know it’s lockdown but it needs a treatment. It’s dry and frizzy and I can’t watch her stories because of it. And I’m sporting 6 inch brown roots on blonde highlights so I’m no one to talk
It is rather frizzy I must say! The one thing that I notice every time is her size. That’s not to be awful to her at all but I just think all this cheese, butter and fried foods isn’t doing her health any favours!

Reactions: 2