Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I like some of her recipes but none of it is groundbreaking. It’s basically just very easy stuff for mums who don’t know how / have the imagination to cook. She uses way, way too much cheese. the recipes I have copied, I’ve used basically 1/10th of the cheese she does. The carrot cake porridge And spinach pie are good though - my toddler liked that, and it actually was a bit different. I don’t really need to be taught how to make 50 pastas / a frittata / egg muffin etc.
I’m weaning my 3rd child and I will openly admit I lack imagination, I don’t actually lack it I just don’t have time or the headspace for it at the moment with my elder two in school one with additional needs and an ehcp and all that entails so I have found the book useful as a starting point. I get stuck in a rut and it’s just nice to have some extra ideas :) I doubt I’ll cook even half of what’s in there but it’s a good starting point for me :)

Does she actually have any nutrition or childhood weaning/development degrees? All her food seems tasty and comforting but very unhealthy. Just because she sticks a few bits of veg in a meal doesn’t even out all the cheese and fatty meat she uses on the daily. It’s unhealthy in my opinion (I do have basic nutrition education)

Casperron

VIP Member
There’s a rant thread on here about her already if anyone wants to join. I find her incredibly annoying. What does she do for work?

I find it unhealthy how obsessed she is with food and making sure her daughter eats every single bite

Bojolover

I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.
I wondered about this, I do think she’s amazing but wonder about the qualification, I made some muffins once and it was half a block of butter and cheese for just 12 muffins 😷 made me feel a bit ill looking at it all

Her recipes are bland as shit
I have her book and have made a good few things now and thought some of them were really tasty. Some people have said there is maybe to much cheese and I agree so I just cut it down or replace it with something else. I have had some other weaning books but do prefer this as it’s something we can all eat. I made some from the ellas kitchen book and they were rank!

I came here to see if someone is on the same page with me.. Nina is really sweet but i don’t think rebecca is putting the right nutritional pillars in her upbringing.. the meals she cooks are fine from time to time but not as a daily menu. I see it as a home cooked fast food. It is all to greasy..fried..baked with loaded ingredients. I have never seen her serving nina with plain fish - grilled/cooked or some plain vegetable/fish/meat soup or some stews. Aditionally, healthy appetite is great but if the child eats the amount of food she shows every day, in my opinion it is overeating.. she eats three adult size meals s day.. and she makes fun when people say that nina is greedy with her foods..but anyone who has seen her eating would have difficult time explaining it differently..
I agree. Everyone loves a treat now and then but the stodge and fat in those meals are excessive in my opinion. I’d feel quite sick if I ate them on the daily and I wouldn’t dream of feeding my child like that constantly. Obesity is a huge problem at the moment and we really should be educating our children early about looking after our bodies. That being said, no one is perfect but we must try!

Yerrbutnoobut

Has anyone seen her insta story tonight about someone messaging her about Ninas food and portion size? Fancy placing all that fish and chips in front of her, of cause she is going to eat it all or attempt too at least!

erin182

VIP Member
Does she intentionally pretend not to have a husband? I appreciate he might want to avoid the limelight but she doesn’t even allude to the fact that there’s a whole other human being in her house. Always me and ‘Nini’ two plates of food etc.
Yeah, I find this so weird 😬

Err no most families eat what I said above at least on a weekly basis. Who eats just British food every single day. Making some fajitas or chicken fried rice takes 20 mins, kids need a variety. I am sorry you obviously feel insecure about what your child eats. And by the way, I did mixed methods of feeding, there’s no benefits to baby led weaning. I feel like you are targeting your insecurities in the wrong place. Anyway, back to whatmummymakes... PS how is saying you give your kids paella or fajitas a stealth boost? It’s a basic principle of parenting to make your children nutritious food
This is a rave thread! Just annoys me if someone goes on to a trash thread and says something nice they are slated but you can come on a rave thread and slag them off. If you don’t like what she does go to the trash thread 🙄 this one was set up to rave about her.

I just noticed that she’s put a nappy on Nina again. I realise potty training isn’t easy, having done it twice I know the stress of it. But she’s been saying she’s having issues with Nina not grasping it. This is completely normal but I firmly believe by having the happy on and off it’s sending mixed messages. It needs to be off all day, whether you’re out for the day or not. It’s a nightmare and takes over your full day worrying about finding a toilet/watching fluid intake but how else will she learn if she’s having the nappy on and off? It’s laziness in my opinion.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
She’s just said in her latest grid post that she gives tones of guidance and advice on weaning in her new book and also answers all of the questions that she gets. Is she actually qualified to be doing that in a published book?

She has a dig up today again about her pasta sauce being FULL of veg 😂
I seen that too! She seems to have been reading here and taken offence as she’s put up a few stories about fats. No one said cheese/butter etc was bad. Just not to the extent she uses it. It’s sickening. Also the giving out of advice as a non professional is shocking to me.

Bojolover

Just seen that someone has asked the question about using too much cheese and she’s put it on her stories. She’s right, cheese can be a part of a balanced diet but the diet her and Nina eat is deffo not balanced. Cheese might be full of calcium but it’s also full of sodium, fat and hormones that shouldn’t be eaten to that extent. The Amount cheese and butter is sickening With no where near enough veg. I also find it shocking that someone with zero qualifications is advising another person (wrongly) on how to feed their kid and that all of this fattening food is ok.
Do you reckon the if anyone else is pondering about this was aimed here?

I see her meals in such a different light now

Fishnips

VIP Member
Does she actually have any nutrition or childhood weaning/development degrees? All her food seems tasty and comforting but very unhealthy. Just because she sticks a few bits of veg in a meal doesn’t even out all the cheese and fatty meat she uses on the daily. It’s unhealthy in my opinion (I do have basic nutrition education)
Fats and carbs are really important for children but agree to some extent. It'd be nice see more veg actually in the food and more variety but I don't think her food seems unhealthy, personally.

Bojolover

I agree. I also find it a bit strange she excludes her husband from everything. The only time I’ve ever seen him mentioned is when she was complaining about him for breaking the oven.
She posted a photo on her stories for Father’s Day off him, he probably doesn’t want to be shown maybe for work purposes I dunno. He wasn’t what I expected but they suited