Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
There’s a rant thread on here about her already if anyone wants to join. I find her incredibly annoying. What does she do for work?

I find it unhealthy how obsessed she is with food and making sure her daughter eats every single bite
I agree. I also find it a bit strange she excludes her husband from everything. The only time I’ve ever seen him mentioned is when she was complaining about him for breaking the oven.

Reactions: 2

Casperron

VIP Member
I’ve started following her recently and came here as I was wondering if anyone else feels how I feel. From what I can see Rebecca is very much overweight (I would assume morbidly obese but I obviously don’t know her BMI), her poor little girl looks like she’s following in her footsteps. None of her meals seem massively healthy either. Yes there is veg but everything looks fried or with a cheese/butter overload. Why are parents looking to her for weaning advice? I’d really feel like I’d failed as a parent if my little boy was overweight, it would be setting him up for a lifetime of problems. She also doesn’t allow her daughter anything “sweet” and portrays desserts as “naughty”! Which in my opinion is 100% sending out the wrong message to her daughter! When I have chocolate I don’t make a big deal out of it and allow my little boy some as I know he’ll also eat all of the healthy nutritious food I cook him. I want him to have a healthy relationship with food and to never see any food as “naughty” or something that he shouldn’t be eating
I think she feeds Nina far too much personally and seems almost obsessed with her eating every crumb. Everything’s so beige and incredibly British. My son loves trying all different cuisines, Italian, absolutely loves Mexican, Chinese, etc.

We’ve just started weaning and I was recommended the page by a friend. The food looks lovely and a bit more ‘normal’ (wean in 15 has one or two questionable things) and she seems like a great, fun mum. Her little girl is the cutest too. I’m amazed by her appetite but know that one of my nephews has always eaten huge portions of anything you give him whereas the other one would take two mouthfuls and refuse anymore (not much better 9 years later😂). I did show her page to my husband who immediately clocked the huge amounts of butter in recipes and then the ad for kerrygold a bit further down the page so that might have something to do with high fat content in some recipes x

Do you reckon the if anyone else is pondering about this was aimed here?

I see her meals in such a different light now
Did anyone notice she said about never forcing her to eat all her food? I was wondering was did she read on here
She’s 100% been reading here. Also, what’s the obsession with “seasoning” her kids food with cheese? Cheese is so full of sodium she may as well throw a ton of salt in there.

Casperron

VIP Member
She isn’t. That’s the annoying thing. Zero qualifications or experience

I would definitely say she’s bordering on morbidly obese. If she isn’t now, I don’t think she is far away from it.
Agreed, she’s beyond overweight. I’m a size 8 and BMI says I’m overweight. She’s obese and it’s bound to have an effect on her health

FakeSmile

VIP Member
In her grid post tonight she says that her book has been checked over by a dietician and nutritionist to make sure it’s healthy - I wonder what they had to say about he recipes! Healthy is not a word I’d use to describe them!

I’ve lost track if this is the rant or rave thread!

I wondered about this, I do think she’s amazing but wonder about the qualification, I made some muffins once and it was half a block of butter and cheese for just 12 muffins 😷 made me feel a bit ill looking at it all
It really is excessive. I saw that she uses the fat cooked off the meat and puts it in pasta sauces too. 🤢

• Sick

FakeSmile

VIP Member
She has an absolute cheese obsession, I swear every recipe calls for half a block! I know that fats are good for infants but she also markets herself on food for the whole family - and I would blow up like a balloon if I ate her food all of the time!

Imogenis

Some of her meals are fab, others just didn’t work. Don’t bother trying the porridge fingers. Absolute rubber. Also, I know this is rave about but her hair. I know it’s lockdown but it needs a treatment. It’s dry and frizzy and I can’t watch her stories because of it. And I’m sporting 6 inch brown roots on blonde highlights so I’m no one to talk
It’s your lucky day! :)
She’s having her hair done..

Agreed! Have been following her for a while and she saved my sanity making things my baby would eat and my big toddler would try. She seems lovely

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’ve just bought her book on a recommendation and I really like it. This is my 3rd baby but my other two weaned completely differently to each other and I just feel like I’ve forgotten what to do. I’m not saying I’ll cook everything out of it but it’s reignited some ideas I’d forgotten and plenty of new easy recipes too.

Starttheline

VIP Member
Christ, are you here to discuss what mummy makes or are you here to stealth boast about how amazing you are as a parent coz your child eats all the above🥱 I bet it’s alllll because you did baby led weaning and, what is it the all sanctimums say, “didn’t force feed them slop from a spoon” 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Wowee just making conversation but that's me told, off I go.

Casperron

VIP Member
Can you link it pls? Thank you.

Reactions: 1

Starttheline

VIP Member
'Rebecca Wilson is a mum, trained peer-to-peer breastfeeding volunteer supporter and creator of the popular Instagram channel @WhatMummyMakes.', according to Amazon.

So no, wouldn't appear so. There are lots of weaning instagrammers at the moment though, or maybe I'm just noticing because it's where I am with my own baby. As much as I can't stand Joe Wicks, I think he did have a nutritional expert's input on his book.

Starttheline

VIP Member
I think she feeds Nina far too much personally and seems almost obsessed with her eating every crumb. Everything’s so beige and incredibly British. My son loves trying all different cuisines, Italian, absolutely loves Mexican, Chinese, etc.
Same! We've had tofu stir fry, Italian baked rice and fajitas this week, and will be having paella for tea!

I've made a few of her things but I find her measurements aren't accurate, I've jotted my changes down in a notepad. I wanted to buy her book for handiness but I'm just not fully convinced.

I really enjoy her page and have pre ordered her book. I have annabel karmel book and joe wicks book too, and I make a mix of all 3 for my 9 month old. I don’t concern myself with the cheese content etc because generally If making pinwheels for example my son eats one at a time and rest go in freezer (or I eat them!) and he needs full fat dairy products. As with everything in parenting it’s personal choice and I think it’s good to have a range of options. My husband also much prefers when I make her dishes for dinner than joe wicks ones 😂. I think it’s easy to get carried away with monitoring what our babies have- they need fat/calcium/vitamin D etc which are found in normal foods like hers!
Babies do need fat etc but there comes a point when it has to be controlled. Her food is for the whole family. I wouldn’t feed my family on her meals every night or we’d all end up like house ends with cholesterol through the roof.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Considering ordering her books! Was investigating if there was a thread on her and I wasn't being scammed by insta mum marketing 😂 should I order the book? Can't believe she has a husband though, legit thought she was a single mum!
Check out the gossip thread too so you get both sides of the coin :ROFLMAO:

I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.