Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bojolover

I came here to see if someone is on the same page with me.. Nina is really sweet but i don’t think rebecca is putting the right nutritional pillars in her upbringing.. the meals she cooks are fine from time to time but not as a daily menu. I see it as a home cooked fast food. It is all to greasy..fried..baked with loaded ingredients. I have never seen her serving nina with plain fish - grilled/cooked or some plain vegetable/fish/meat soup or some stews. Aditionally, healthy appetite is great but if the child eats the amount of food she shows every day, in my opinion it is overeating.. she eats three adult size meals s day.. and she makes fun when people say that nina is greedy with her foods..but anyone who has seen her eating would have difficult time explaining it differently..
I’ve never actually thought about this, your right! Woah my opinion is changing quickly

My son eats 3 big meals a day I actually asked my health visitor if he was eating too much she said babies/toddlers regulate there feeding so not to worry and Plus he’s on the 5th percentile still ha

Reactions: 1

Casperron

VIP Member
Christ, are you here to discuss what mummy makes or are you here to stealth boast about how amazing you are as a parent coz your child eats all the above🥱 I bet it’s alllll because you did baby led weaning and, what is it the all sanctimums say, “didn’t force feed them slop from a spoon” 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Err no most families eat what I said above at least on a weekly basis. Who eats just British food every single day. Making some fajitas or chicken fried rice takes 20 mins, kids need a variety. I am sorry you obviously feel insecure about what your child eats. And by the way, I did mixed methods of feeding, there’s no benefits to baby led weaning. I feel like you are targeting your insecurities in the wrong place. Anyway, back to whatmummymakes... PS how is saying you give your kids paella or fajitas a stealth boost? It’s a basic principle of parenting to make your children nutritious food

Just seen that someone has asked the question about using too much cheese and she’s put it on her stories. She’s right, cheese can be a part of a balanced diet but the diet her and Nina eat is deffo not balanced. Cheese might be full of calcium but it’s also full of sodium, fat and hormones that shouldn’t be eaten to that extent. The Amount cheese and butter is sickening With no where near enough veg. I also find it shocking that someone with zero qualifications is advising another person (wrongly) on how to feed their kid and that all of this fattening food is ok.

Casperron

VIP Member
Just seen that someone has asked the question about using too much cheese and she’s put it on her stories. She’s right, cheese can be a part of a balanced diet but the diet her and Nina eat is deffo not balanced. Cheese might be full of calcium but it’s also full of sodium, fat and hormones that shouldn’t be eaten to that extent. The Amount cheese and butter is sickening With no where near enough veg. I also find it shocking that someone with zero qualifications is advising another person (wrongly) on how to feed their kid and that all of this fattening food is ok.
I know right, why does she think she’s an expert?

Err no most families eat what I said above at least on a weekly basis. Who eats just British food every single day. Making some fajitas or chicken fried rice takes 20 mins, kids need a variety. I am sorry you obviously feel insecure about what your child eats. And by the way, I did mixed methods of feeding, there’s no benefits to baby led weaning. I feel like you are targeting your insecurities in the wrong place. Anyway, back to whatmummymakes... PS how is saying you give your kids paella or fajitas a stealth boost? It’s a basic principle of parenting to make your children nutritious food
No, don’t feel insecure at all, what a strange comment 😂 just don’t understand the need to rhyme off what my child eats on a gossip website unless it was for some strange sense of self satisfaction. Oh well, like you say, back to what mummy makes...

Georgethecat

VIP Member
Check out the gossip thread too so you get both sides of the coin :ROFLMAO:
Have you got a link I couldn't find a gossip thread on her, I ordered the book from eBay for £2.50 for an ebook 🤣 fancied some more inspo for my son as stuck on same few options at the moment.

Imogenis

I’m sure she has been hanging around here..because few days after i’ve written she never serves nina simple nutritional meals - grilled/cooked fish/meat with veggies etc..she mentions that nina had salmon from the oven with veggies.. of course, no picture attached. Only pictures of those ridiculous fatbombing foods each and every day.. nina looks like she started getting puffy recently.. i noticed this lately.. and it disturbs me how rebecca apparently makes faces during the meal until nina finally gets the message and says it is tasty. Common! Not every meal needs or has to be tasty or delicios. And she promotes the book as family recipe book..and when you see her..those are not the recepies you want to be cooking..

If she made a desserts cookbook, then you know what you are getting yourself into.. But to disguise her book as a family and weaning cookbook.. :eek:
Somebody should react to that.

Fishnips

VIP Member
I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.
I really thought it was full fat stuff and limited wholegrains until 5. Not if you're using a lot of dairy though I suppose.

I am seeing more and more that she could really do with more veg actually in the foods. I think for a few recipes here and there her page is great but it'd be nice to see more vegetable based dishes.

Jxtina

Chatty Member
I've only recently started following her and I've tried a few of her recipes. Agreed they are definitely loaded up with fats - i made some salmon and cheese pinwheels and it was A LOT. But I figure my 1 year old will only eat one and the rest go in the freezer. I think a lot of these types of accounts seem to swing from one extreme to the other. Hardly any of them seem to be balanced 🤷🏼‍♀️

I dont feel like her food any better than feeding your kids chips, chicken nuggets and abit of frozen veg ever day 🤔

Most of the meals she makes we would only have once or twice a week due to the fat intake.

I do like some of her ideas. I have followed them and slightly switched the ingredients for something abit more healthy. She seems a nice woman, who is normal and a good mum.
I actually looked back and a lot of her earlier posts and recipes seem more balanced and more veg based than they are now?

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Considering ordering her books! Was investigating if there was a thread on her and I wasn't being scammed by insta mum marketing 😂 should I order the book? Can't believe she has a husband though, legit thought she was a single mum!
I’ve not done any recipes from it yet as my son has only just got the hang on weaning so still on the basics but I definitely will. There looks some really nice recipes in there.

• Heart

Georgethecat

VIP Member
Considering ordering her books! Was investigating if there was a thread on her and I wasn't being scammed by insta mum marketing 😂 should I order the book? Can't believe she has a husband though, legit thought she was a single mum!

I just had an update on child nutrition at work and full fats are recommend for under 2s but it should be reigned in after that. She’s just cooked a pasta that she states is “packed full of veg” with only half a head of broccoli in for three people. Not exactly packed full of veg, far from it. Plenty of full fat milk and cheese though. I don’t think she’s setting the right example to Nina.
Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks.

Rant thread if anybody wants it

erin182

VIP Member
I have her book and have made a good few things now and thought some of them were really tasty. Some people have said there is maybe to much cheese and I agree so I just cut it down or replace it with something else. I have had some other weaning books but do prefer this as it’s something we can all eat. I made some from the ellas kitchen book and they were rank!
Idk I feel like the only spice she knows is paprika 😂 I love cooking and I usually follow recipes that are a little more complex. Hers are extremely basic and samey. Fine for babies, but not the whole family imo