Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I’ve tried so hard to like over night oats! I’d rather make porridge in the morning!

Reactions: 4

Catwinky

Chatty Member
We've probably all been there, you're trying to lose weight so you try something new hoping it will replace the bad stuff but it tastes like shit....

My bad experiences:
Iceland slimming world sausages: taste like gristle and sawdust wrapped in clingfilm.

Fopperholics wheatbran mugcakes: like chewing on a brillo pad sprinkled with sweetener.

And the worst was pu erh tea, an ancient chinese tea that apparently increases weightloss if drank after every meal.
It tastes like you went down the canal fished out a cup of water, chucked in a mouldy tea bag and let it stew in your wheelie bin for a week.

Feel free to add your experiences so we can laugh....and know what to avoid! :)

Reactions: 3

Mustard

VIP Member
I will try that once I've gotten over the horror of the cauliflower rice 🤣 I had it with a really spicy hot curry and yet it STILL managed to overpower it somehow 🤔
I also recommend roasted broccoli, and roasted brussel sprouts. I make a curried cauliflower and carrot soup from the Weelicious website which is nice and not smelly.

carebear123

another one here 🙋‍♀️that tried overnight oaks...seriously dont understand how people can eat that rubbish I dont know if I made it wrong or what but it was vile 😂

elloelloello

VIP Member
Agreed with the fishy konjac noodles they are horrendous.

Quark is the devil - I once made a (sort of) carbonara and it was delicious, but I was on SW so I added quark to make it creamy, whole dinner ruined and in the bin.

Protein World slender blend in vanilla flavour.. mixed with coconut milk (WTF was I thinking) it made me gag I think I lasted a week on them.

Scan bran. .... Absolute bollocks. Vile. Should not be sold or even classed as a food item.

Quark. This is just not ok. Nor is cottage cheese TBF.

Alpen bars. sawdusty bites of shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love crispy kale 😋 I think diet chef milkshakes and one or two of their meals were the worst thing I’ve tasted

Sparks

Chatty Member
Zoodles (zucchini noodles), they taste nothing like noodles. And not very filling at all.

capriallie

VIP Member
Making a pizza base using ground cauliflower. So much effort and so little pay off- a waste of time! Cauliflower actually tastes rank all the time unless it’s in a fully leaded curry😍

annanuttall

VIP Member
Crispy kale can fuck right off.

And Scan Bran cake when I was part of the Slimming World cult.
I tried kale at a place I use to work at. It tasted so horrible I couldn't spit out or rinse my mouth with water, so I had to pretend I liked it with this horrible disgusting taste in my mouth.

• Haha