What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure whether you'd call it petty or not but a couple of years ago I was standing in a post office queue. Small post office, place was busy and the dirty old man (probably only about 60, so not old but you know what I mean) standing behind me managed to press himself up against me twice. The second time he did it, I 'accidently' took a step backwards and ground my 4 inch stiletto heel into his foot.

He didn't do it a third time.
I wouldn't say petty, I would say well deserved!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Currently in a petty argument with my old letting agent and landlord.

I will need to update later, on what happens as we both have until the end of June to sign off our deposit out of safe holdings. Theyā€™re currently wanting to take away my full deposit for redecorating and cleaning costs which is honestly daylight robbery.

Due to them being arsey and asking me to complete the deposit paperwork, Iā€™m waiting until the very last day to complete the paperwork as it then takes a further 8 weeks to process and thatā€™s only if we both accept which I obviously donā€™t.

It may not be much but if theyā€™re going to try and charge me for ridiculous things Iā€™m going to make them wait months for the payment. Oops x

Reactions: 16
Hands down one of the best threads on tattle. I've found my people, you petty bastards šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I took a bite out of a sandwich too!

It was an M&S packaged one and Laura, who was a complete bleep, put a yellow sticky on it saying ā€œLauraā€™s Hands Off!!!!!!ā€. There was no history of food going missing from the office fridge.

I took a large bite out of both sarnies and carefully replaced them.

Another cuntyballs I worked with was leaving and the collection envelope landed on my desk. I took a withdrawal rather than depositing and very much enjoyed my free lunch that day!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I had been collecting Christmas gifts for my boyfriends family at the time - nice notebooks and pens for his sister, computer games for his brother, posh chocolates and jewellery for his mum, whiskey for dad etc - and when he not only cheated but then dumped me, he wanted the presents (but he still owed me the cash for them).

I offered to meet him in a car park to hand them over and collect the cash. I was ever so nice and even wrapped all the gifts for him, happily collected my Ā£300+ he owed me.

I got the NASTIEST text on Christmas Day when his family opened up their Poundland notebooks, cheap chocolate and Asdas own whiskey HAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Another cuntyballs I worked with was leaving and the collection envelope landed on my desk. I took a withdrawal rather than depositing and very much enjoyed my free lunch that day!
Actually made me LOL. I am so inspired and awestruck by this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had been collecting Christmas gifts for my boyfriends family at the time - nice notebooks and pens for his sister, computer games for his brother, posh chocolates and jewellery for his mum, whiskey for dad etc - and when he not only cheated but then dumped me, he wanted the presents (but he still owed me the cash for them).

I offered to meet him in a car park to hand them over and collect the cash. I was ever so nice and even wrapped all the gifts for him, happily collected my Ā£300+ he owed me.

I got the NASTIEST text on Christmas Day when his family opened up their Poundland notebooks, cheap chocolate and Asdas own whiskey HAHAHAHAHA
This is the best!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didnt realise I was being petty until I was pulled up on it the other day šŸ¤£
We have a stand in boss at the moment whilst real boss is off sick, my name is quite long and can be shortened various ways, i have a preferred name and the new boss keeps calling me by another variation of my name and I ignore her every time as its not my name. I feel like that song šŸŽµ that's not my name lol
This has reminded me of another of my ongoing petty things...

I also have quite a long name, with many abbreviations. My work email is the abbreviation that I use, but Iā€™m still on a couple of systems as my full name. Everyone knows me as abbreviation.

Really irritates me when someone misspells my name or emails me calling me my non-abbreviated name. I give them one reply to get it right, and then Iā€™ll do little things like make my name slightly bolder in my signature, or if they continue to get it wrong, Iā€™ll call them a completely different name to their actual name

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I didnt realise I was being petty until I was pulled up on it the other day šŸ¤£
We have a stand in boss at the moment whilst real boss is off sick, my name is quite long and can be shortened various ways, i have a preferred name and the new boss keeps calling me by another variation of my name and I ignore her every time as its not my name. I feel like that song šŸŽµ that's not my name lol

I had an office job a couple of years ago and there was one lady there who I couldnā€™t stand. She was thick as pig tit - constantly saying ignorant and offensive things but everyone let her off because sheā€™d been there forever and ā€œshe didnā€™t mean anything bad by thatā€. Stuff like saying a black guy in the office spoke really good English ā€œyouā€™d never know heā€™s not from hereā€ - he was as British as she was, she just couldnā€™t compute in her head that someone could be black and also born in the UK. Just a real bleeping idiot.

Anyway, she called me Gemma every single time she saw me because thatā€™s what the girl before me was called and she couldnā€™t be bothered to learn a new name. I initially put up with it cause I was the new person and didnā€™t want to cause a fuss, but one day I just had a ā€œduck itā€ moment. Decided to completely ignore her until she said the right name. She used to come up to my desk and go ā€œGemma can you do this? Gemma...Gemma can you hear me? Helloooooo Gemma!!!ā€ And id just act like she was completely invisible. She could never remember my name so it always went on until someone on a nearby desk got sick of her and corrected her, and she was eventually forced to call me by my real name. Then Iā€™d answer her straight away and be really sickly sweet and helpful.

The entire time I was in that job, she could never get it into her head what my actual name was so this act went on for moooonths. Sheā€™d stand there getting so riled up and I just acted like I thought she was talking to someone else. Sometimes it went on for a good ten minutes or so because everyone else around was on a call and wasnā€™t free to tell her my name. (Note, I have a pretty common name, it would not have been difficult for her to learn it, I even had a bleeping name badge)

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I had an office job a couple of years ago and there was one lady there who I couldnā€™t stand. She was thick as pig tit - constantly saying ignorant and offensive things but everyone let her off because sheā€™d been there forever and ā€œshe didnā€™t mean anything bad by thatā€. Stuff like saying a black guy in the office spoke really good English ā€œyouā€™d never know heā€™s not from hereā€ - he was as British as she was, she just couldnā€™t compute in her head that someone could be black and also born in the UK. Just a real bleeping idiot.
She sounds like my mother. "He's black, but his English is very good". That would be because he was born and brought up here :mad:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I donā€™t know if this is petty or just lazy.. at work thereā€™s a mix of sugar/non sugar hot drinkers and as a non sugar taker, I have stopped spooning out the sugar. We keep the sugar in a caddy with the tea and coffee, but because itā€™s near the kettle it gets a bit lumpy, so Iā€™ve started just dropping a lump or two into the drinks. It saves rinsing the sugar spoon and contaminating the non sugar drinks šŸ˜‚. And yes theyā€™re all different sizes but no-one has complained yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My stepmum used to put stuff I had left out into my bed... Iā€™m talking used teabags, dirty plates lol. You name it, she did it šŸ˜‚ it clearly worked though cause now Iā€™m an absolute clean freak 10+ years later

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Someone I know, after being cheated on then dumped, wrote ā€˜bastardā€™ on her exā€™s lawn in weed killer. She also kept a key to his house and when she knew he would be away for a few days let herself in, changed the fuse in the plug on his freezer for an old broken fuse and left the contents to defrost. It was so satisfying šŸ¤£
I did similar on a lawn but it was bleep in domestos. Worked a treat. In my defence he was one though. I saw it as my duty to warn other women that he took home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Our neighbours keep having packages delivered but are never in to collect them. The packages always get brought round to our house. Iā€™ll have their parcel sitting by my door for days before they bother to come and get it from us! Weā€™ve stopped answering the door to the delivery guy when he tries to give us their parcel now.

I kid you not - they ordered a full size mirror once and we had it propped up in our hallway for 3 days šŸ˜³

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Our neighbours keep having packages delivered but are never in to collect them. The packages always get brought round to our house. Iā€™ll have their parcel sitting by my door for days before they bother to come and get it from us! Weā€™ve stopped answering the door to the delivery guy when he tries to give us their parcel now.

I kid you not - they ordered a full size mirror once and we had it propped up in our hallway for 3 days šŸ˜³
This happens to me all the time too! They never come and get them so at first I'd go and knock when I knew they were home but soon got fed up.

Now I either accept them and just leave them sat there until they can be bothered to knock themselves or I immediately leave it outside their front door

Reactions: 5
Old neighbours of mine gave instructions to leave parcels with me while I was on maternity leave, without asking me first. They were morons anyway and we didnā€™t get on, so I turned the parcels away.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I used my exā€™s toothbrush to give the inside and underside of the toilet a really good scrub, Iā€™d moved out a month before so it was a bit grubby. Rinsed the poo particles off with cold water, didnā€™t want to deprive him of any germs. Then proceeded to pull a button or 2 off his fancy work shirts in the laundry basket and snipped a few small holes in the armpits of said shirts. Just so they wouldnā€™t be noticed straight away. Heā€™s lucky thatā€™s all I resorted to considering he was a lying, cheating scumbag

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have one of these rip off flammable cladding flats. I pay a fortune in management and maintenance fees to live in a hovel I canā€™t sell. I consistently pay 1p less than I should so they are constantly threatening to take me to court. Just so they waste paper

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.