What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up at 9.30 with a headache and feeling nauseous. Showered, dressed and went downstairs, had a glass of water and some pain.
Bagged up the Christmas presents for OH’s family for him to drop off today as we won’t see them. Will do the same with my family’s presents tomorrow.
Kids woke up at 10 (they stayed up late last night). Made them breakfast and let them watch cartoons/play on their tablets so I could start my Christmas clean.
Stripped the beds and done 2 loads of washing.
Dusted and polished in rooms upstairs, then hoovered.
Deep cleaned bathroom.
Cleared out old toys and clothes in cupboards for donation.
Hoovered stairs and unloaded last wash. Will do all of downstairs tomorrow as back at work Tuesday until Christmas morning.
Now having lunch with my boys while we wait for OH to get home. He’s collecting our
new kitten from MIL today, can’t wait to see the kids’ faces. It’s a surprise.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Woke up at 9.30 with a headache and feeling nauseous. Showered, dressed and went downstairs, had a glass of water and some pain.
Bagged up the Christmas presents for OH’s family for him to drop off today as we won’t see them. Will do the same with my family’s presents tomorrow.
Kids woke up at 10 (they stayed up late last night). Made them breakfast and let them watch cartoons/play on their tablets so I could start my Christmas clean.
Stripped the beds and done 2 loads of washing.
Dusted and polished in rooms upstairs, then hoovered.
Deep cleaned bathroom.
Cleared out old toys and clothes in cupboards for donation.
Hoovered stairs and unloaded last wash. Will do all of downstairs tomorrow as back at work Tuesday until Christmas morning.
Now having lunch with my boys while we wait for OH to get home. He’s collecting our
new kitten from MIL today, can’t wait to see the kids’ faces. It’s a surprise.
awww i'm so excited for the kitten :D

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ended up having a lie in until 11 am this morning
Got up, got washed, got dressed
Sat down to eat breakfast and ended up with a vomiting migraine
All afternoon I’ve felt incredibly sick and barely able to do anything, this is my first time on tattle all day.
I had a bit of a moment because I heard These Are The Days Of Our Lives by Queen and it makes me feel really emotional, especially over how we lost Freddie all those years ago.
Going to try and eat some more food and spend the evening just relaxing. Thankfully I have nothing to do until Tuesday so I’m going to spend tomorrow getting better.

• Heart
6.30 wake up
Breakfast with baby, played with him for a couple hours before his nap
Tidied up and did the washing while he slept
Woke fella up when baby woke up - still tense after our argument last night - had another argument but this time about Christmas 😴
We made up, gave baby his lunch then headed out to town for final Christmas bits
Stopped at a cafe for lunch, I had full English
Asda for a food shop
Home and done the dishes
Fella watched Man United match, I had a bath
Fed baby his tea
Had a hot chocolate
Bathed baby and put him to bed
Had a headache all day. Probs be tea and bed for me

Reactions: 2
Awake early as had an IKEA delivery coming for stepdaughters new bedroom furniture. Told her we’d taken the delivery for her uncle, as it’s a surprise. She said, “why would you order something if you weren’t going to be in?” Thought I played my part well pretend ranting about it 😂

I discreetly tried to take pictures and measure up her current furniture ready for selling. Tried to find a reason to get her to leave her bedroom and that was hard work, typical pre teen haha.

Eventually got her downstairs decorating a gingerbread man with her brother, so I could do it properly. Furniture sorted for collection tonight after she’d gone back to her mums. Sorted 👍🏻

Did a couple of loads of washing. Other half spent like 3 hours grouting the bathroom. Scraped off all the old sealant, replaced it and said “I hope this dries white”. It doesn’t. He bought translucent. Now got to do it all over again 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

I had a Zoom chat with my family for about an hour. Let rabbits out for a play in the garden. Kept chasing the naughty one out of my big planter that she’s discovered she can jump into.

Made pork chops and pie for an early tea. Took stepchildren home. Came home and helped other half clear out stepdaughters room and dismantle three bits of furniture.

Got the little one to bed. Felt guilty as he’s had far too much screen time today whilst we’ve been busy. But the next few days will hopefully be more exciting for him. Not that he complained about today!

Now sat down enjoying a snowball and a Freddo. Gonna chill and watch some TV before bed.

Nothing much today, spent most of the day on the computer, mainly on here!

I did pop up to my shed to take a few bits to store and to check my shed for leaks, we have had a lot of rain recently.

I watched a couple of TV shows on my Smart TV, the shows were streamed from my special computer, I'm mainly
doing this to check how well the dvd rips I've been doing for years appear on a proper TV.

5.50 wake up 🥱
Argued with my fella before he went to work.. feels like its becoming a regular occurrence lately. Over bloody Christmas again as well. Just want it over now which is a shame because its my sons first Christmas
Lazed around with baby all day. Lots of playing. He makes me happy. He woke up a bit grumpy after his 2nd nap though, he's teething
Fella came home from work and we seem OK. Not even spoke about this morning. We got the baby bathed and bed and then we had steak. Watching Corrie and going to bed, I've got a headache again. Think it is stress

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
5.50 wake up 🥱
Argued with my fella before he went to work.. feels like its becoming a regular occurrence again. Over bloody Christmas again as well. Just want it over now which is a shame because its my sons first Christmas
Lazed around with baby all day. Lots of playing. He makes me happy. He woke up a bit grumpy after his 2nd nap though, he's teething
Fella came home from work and we seem OK. Not even spoke about this morning. We got the baby bathed and bed and then we had steak. Watching Corrie and going to bed, I've got a headache again. Think it is stress
Keep strong long as your little boy enjoys his 1st Christmas thats all that matters. X

Thank you! We just keep arguing over silly tit x
It’s been a stressful year and it’s hard to please everyone. Me and my other half were arguing last week, as I mentioned here 🙄 we’re okay now, but I think everything had just got to us both.

Very rare lie in as my son slept at grandparents last night!
Woke 8:15, clocked in work at 8:20 😂
Coffee and work with no breaks till 15:00 to get everything cleared up for Xmas before my time off!
Son came home, played, had tea, bath, played, bed.
Currently eating ice cream on sofa!

Yeah, it's been a tough year. We only moved in together when we found out I was expecting so 18 months in total and 9 months we've been in lockdown etc. With a newborn! It's tough. His Mum is a pain in the arse and all our arguments boil down to her 🙄 we're always okay in the end though but seem to always go back to the same argument

Busy day today.

Got up, made us all breakfast. Partner has a couple of days off. Always has loads in December as he never uses it any other time so it’s use it or lose it. Anyway, worked out well this year as he’s been building up his daughters new bedroom furniture. Just one more thing to go, but her room is already looking so cosy. Can’t wait for her to see it!

Me and the little one went out to do a Christmas scavenger hunt in a local village with my friends and her two daughters. Stopped for ice cream afterwards 😋

Came home via Asda to pick up a few bits. Was dreading it but it was fine. Gave son a bath, made tea and then watched Aladdin with him while I did some ironing. Then put some bits back in stepdaughters room. Got the boy to bed. Got the oven racks soaking in cleaning solution overnight.

PJ’s on, cuppa made and watching TV for a bit before bed.

Up and worked 7-3. Showered and hair washed (didn’t do it last night bcos I was too tired). Watched press conference and wasted 30 mins of my life. Had dinner. Went to M&S to do the Christmas alcohol shop 😂 Sat and watched corrie and police interceptors. Going to put on the last episode of the crown then probably head to bed. I work flexi time so decided to give myself a lie in and work really short days the next 2 days so alarm isn’t set until 8:30🤩🤩

6.20 start
Breakie with baby
Got fella up for work
Played
Got baby down for nap. Had a shower. Tidied up
When we woke up we headed to Asda. Needed to get my sister a Christmas present
Bloody lost my card in Asda but managed to find it thank God
Went home. Facetimed my Mum and nephews
Made lunch - I had a peri peri chicken wrap. Delish
Started tea - slow cooker lamb casserole. Delish
Got baby down for nap
Sorted all the outside bins as its recycle bin tomorrow and we've got loooooads of boxes that need to go
Baby awake. Facetimed MIL. Snoozefest. Baby too interested in Hey Duggee
Played some more. Took a festive photo of him in his Santa hat 🎅
Gave him his tea
Fella came back just as I was starting babies bath
Just getting him to bobo's now
Gonna have tea and watch soaps and watch the corrie v emmerdale quiz that was on last night :)

Woke up a bit late for me, around 8.30. Made myself breakfast and dealed with work emails afterwards. Tidied up a little and more work until lunch. Made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow and figured out what errands I need to run once I leave the house. Did duck all in the evening as I was feeling down and worrying about the appointment tomorrow - probably nothing but I still get anxious about it. Had an early dinner and a late second dinner. Should have taken a shower but left it for tomorrow instead. I'll brush my teeth, brush my hair and then I'll head off to bed and listen to my audiobook until I fall asleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I more or less spent Monday being unwell and stuck in bed but restless, and ended up sleeping around 14 hours last night due to how exhausted I was 😅
Woke up around 10.00 am and got myself ready for the day.
Hair washed and dried after a much needed lathering of shampoo. (I wanted to do it yesterday but I couldn't really stand up)
Got into some fresh pyjamas and had breakfast.
Made my bed... then immediately climbed back into it because I was cold.
Spent my afternoon and evening watching The Simpsons Christmas specials.
Eventually got out of bed, planned how I'm going to be cleaning my room tomorrow and whatnot.
I'm sitting at my desk for the first time in who knows how long, working on drawing on canvases to pass the time.
I also worked on my next bullet journal spread for January and it's all coming together nicely.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.