What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's 9:35am where I am and I've decided to take the morning off for me - such a great feeling!

I'll head into work (read: my home office) after lunch and work a bit later tonight to make up the time.

I don't normally do this so it's quite the novelty ... it's a beautiful fine day so I'm going to start by taking my dogs for a walk on the beach and then come back and enjoy a coffee while watching whatever is on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Same here. It's his fault as much as hers for always being at her beck and call. It's really starting to affect our relationship now because I'm sick of always being second best.
My father in law died a couple of years ago. He was lovely, an absolute gentleman but he was at Ma-in-laws beck and call all his life and now my husband's just taken over where he left off. There's absolutely nothing wrong with MIL (My FIL was a lot older than her) yet she constantly plays the "Oh I'm only a poor widow" card and he's stupid enough to constantly fall for it every bloody time :mad:
Personally I think it's a control mechanism ... MiLs can't stand the thought of their precious boys having another woman in their life. Maybe I'm just grouchy because mine is being a complete pain in the butt at the moment.

Personally I think it's a control mechanism ... MiLs can't stand the thought of their precious boys having another woman in their life. Maybe I'm just grouchy because mine is being a complete pain in the butt at the moment.
Mine has always been a pain, but she's just getting worse as time goes on.
She thinks the world revolves around her.

Got up made a cup of tea and had a browse on tattle
went back to bed til 11am, got up had breakfast
had a shower and got ready
went for a 2 mile walk
came home cooked lunch, cleaned kitchen & emptied bins
baked some cookies
put a wash load on
now Im back browsing on here before I do dinner. :giggle:

• Heart
Woke up with a killer cramp, had breakfast, did some work, carried on with my knitting in between. Made soup, sorted out some errands that have been waiting for a good week or so... Did a little bit of grocery shopping, bought missing ingredients for meatballs I'll make tomorrow, had an early dinner and now I'm making decaf tea and trying to decide what to read.

Got up, did the usual before morning routine and school run, came back and sorted out my boy’s advent calendar (an activity a day). Watched some more of This Is Us. Ignored the huge pile of ironing and instead started a new puzzle. Having an early bath tonight as I watch to watch Martin Lewis and I’m a Celeb.

A pretty lazy day to be honest but I’m working the next three days and the jobs can wait til the weekend. Don’t usually get much sit down time at weekends anyway with 3 kids in the house 😂

Reactions: 1
Not a lot today
The baby was bad through the night had me up a bit, mainly between 2-3am then he woke up at 6 so I felt exhausted
Carried on as always though. Had a nice brew while he watched Teletubbies, he is always quiet when that's on.
Fed him, had a couple hours with him before his nap
When he napped I got a lot of tidying done
Fella woke up (he always gets a lie in the cheeky sod) and offered to take baby out for the day to see our bubble. I needed the break I said oooh go on then. So they went out about 1ish, I had some lunch and went for a nap for an hour and half 😂
Then when I woke up I literally just lazed in bed had a brew done the dishes then carried on lazing round.
Their still not home and fellas just text saying baby has fell asleep. So he won't be going to sleep tonight then 😂😂

Walked the school run with dog and toddler, washed and dried bedding, went to the beach and park with toddler, collected a food shop, watched rich House poor house while toddler napped, walked school run again with dog and toddler cooked toad in the hole and put mountains of clean washing away. No work at the moment due go covid so going slightly mad!

- Woke up at 6am.
- Fed cats.
- Showered, done make up ect and had breakfast.
- Went to work.
- Done dinner now watching Holby.

• Heart
Woke up feeling a bit sniffly, got the kids washed and dressed and fed for school/nursery. Had tea and toast for breakfast then upstairs to tidy up/hoover the boys’ room and ours, and put away clean clothes. Got showered and dressed, then went out to do a shop. I’ve been feeling very down lately so husband suggested we put up the Christmas decorations today and bought a few new ones to try and cheer me up. Collected 3yo from nursery and had him “help” decorate the tree - he mostly just threw the baubles around. I played with 3yo while hubby went to collect 5yo from school. We had dinner then bathed kids, read them a story and put them to bed. Just finished dishes and settling down for the night with the TV on and a cuppa in my warm pyjamas and fluffy socks.

• Heart
5:27 wake up. Thanks smallest flogoff.
Instantly projected into 100mph mode.
shower. Breakfast. Reading. School and childcare runs. Work. Home visits. Lunch (share bag of dairy milk buttons). Meetings. Collect sprogs. Dinner. Bath. Bed. Sit down and breathe.

and I get to do it all again tomorrow.

tooblessedtobestressed

Again not a lot 🤣 had another bad night's sleep cos of teething baby
Same morning routine. When baby went for nap I went to get in the shower and bleeping Aragog from Harry Potter was in the shower so had to go wake up boyfriend (jammy sod was still in bed at 9.30) to get it out for me
Tidied up
Waited for buba to wake up, we were gonna go for a walk round the park but she went Asda instead 🥴 exciting
Put our chili in the slow cooker
Played with baby all day. He's got rapid with his crawling so been crawling round with him most of the day. He's starting to stand as well so been hovering behind him making sure he doesn't smash his head open
Hes gone to bed so were gonna have tea and watch the soaps before I'm a celeb!

• Haha
Had a rather pleasant morning with my g/f
Drove back home, did some shopping.
Did some IT work for clients remotely
Paid some bills, wrote out some Christmas cards ready for posting in a couple of weeks
Cooking some homemade chicken korma
Had a shower, eating some ice cream right now while watching the IT Crowd
Off to bed by 10. Day done(y)

• Heart
Up and the morning routine/school run done.

Worked for 5 hours in between the school runs, made a dent in the ironing pile and did a bit of dusting. Cleaned the toilets, bleurgh.

Back out for the afternoon school run. Got home and had a long phone call with my Grandma. Made tea, washed up, did school reading, boy in bed.

Wrapped up a couple of things for the boys activity advent. Plain ceramic baubles for decorating and a big MYO gingerbread house.

Now I have to do the online food shop and then I’m going to do a bit more of my puzzle whilst watching I’m a Celeb.

Did the Felixstowe Covid 19 run again today, I could be in line for this run every week

Bunch of IT Stuff
Had a nice 20 mins with my girl via Zoom
Decided that Boris Johnson is a clueless twit!
Drank another bottle of wine
Showered and pampered
Want to spend the evening with my girl but I know I can't

5 hours of working in between school runs and it was busy, so I feel tired.

Catch up on here after school with my boy watched Christmas Chronicles 2, which I really want to watch but just couldn’t be bothered to focus on today!
I’m having an early bath before tea now. We’re going to have a chippy because I’ve realised I don’t have the mozzarella I need for my recipe. So it’s a good enough reason to completely sack cooking off!

Then will do some school reading, get things ready for the morning and do some more of my puzzle whilst we watch I’m a Celeb.

My day has been spent working and shopping online for Christmas presents. Going to have an early night tonight as I was wide awake since 4.30 this morning.

Overslept so didn't make it out for my morning walk.
Had a coffee, started work early as I was the only one of my team working (Thanksgiving, plus other hols)
Went for a shorter walk during my lunch break and swung into Sainsburys for a few essentials
Finished work now and I'm going to put fresh bedding on, cook some dinner, and then watch Masterchef.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.