What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can only hope there's a slightly better home atmosphere on Christmas Day!
Oh he’ll be fine, he’s not that much of a Grinch 😂

This afternoon after school we’ve played “Candy canes and Stockings” (basically snakes and ladders) and worked through a Christmas activity book with the young one. Had an easy roast of chicken, mash, veg and yorkies. Played Gang Beasts on the PS4 and then got the boy to bed. Christmas excitement is starting to hit... he hasn’t shut up since I’ve picked him up! I’m now enjoying a glass of bubbly and a crunchie watching TV and painting my nails.

Reactions: 1
Got up at 7, made the kids breakfast then washed and dressed them for school/nursery.
OH did the drop off, whilst I tidied up a bit and went for a shower. He came back and had breakfast as I was getting ready, then I had breakfast while he went for a shower.
We chatted for a bit then headed out around 11ish in the car to Pets at Home. We’re surprising the boys with a new kitten this weekend (a Christmas present from MIL who’s cat had kittens recently) so had to buy in a few things for it - food, toys, another litter tray etc). Went in a few other shops to pick up odds and ends.
Went to grab a coffee at Starbucks and had a chat before heading back to collect kids.
Did homework with 5yo whilst OH entertained 3yo and made dinner.
Cleaned up after dinner, took boys up to get washed/brush teeth/change into Pjs.
Bedtime story. 3yo was getting really tired and grumpy - not surprised he fell asleep right away.
Now to catch up with soaps. I’m very tired, but working tomorrow night so have to force myself to stay up a bit later than I want to or I’ll be awake too early, won’t be able to sleep in the day and feel shattered when it’s time for work.

Woke up at 8.45am, had my first class at 9, had a break from 10.30am to 1.30pm so spent the time cleaning up around my room and washing my hair, second class from 1.30 to 3.30, continued cleaning and filled in my journal. I had my dinner around 5.00pm as I was quite hungry, and have just spent the evening in bed watching TV.

Woke up at 8
Had a shower etc, made an effort as I had a presentation to give via Zoom
Had a coffee, too nervous to eat because of said presentation
Did my presentation at 1 and the meeting lasted 2 hours - it was for my PhD progression which I passed my 1st year!
Had another shower, put pyjamas on
Made tea - chicken with roast sweet potato and veg
Now in bed with a cookie 🙂

Reactions: 6
Got up at 8, got kids up and started home school. I worked while on tattle and browsing christmas presents. Finished funding bid for long COVID research. Walked dog then took ages to find the house of a woman who is collecting gifts for needy families this year, finally found it then gave it to the kids nagging for a Mcdonalds. Now wondering what to watch on TV.

Up at 6, headed to the post office before my 7:45 train. Worked in the office until 4:30. Got home at 6, did dinner for the kiddies and the to Sainsbury’s while hubby did bath time. Now on the sofa debating a slice of cheesecake on got on a yellow label!

Day off and not much sleep last night worked till midnight couldnt get works alarm set so had to wait till 1 for alarm company to sort it. Was still wide awake in spare room when partner got up from ours at 5.30. Crawled into our bed slept for 7ish. Walked to morrisons long way but worth it for their cheese range dragged two bags of shopping home. Sorted out stepdaughters room all toys she doesn't play with etc wiped down for charity shop. Got everything together for charity shop sorted I always donate stuff to mind shop near me staff are lovely and have helped with my mental health problems. (Would volunteer work there if I had more time). They were happy with the 4bags full.
Went in alidi for a browse and got the Kevin carrot christmas book to read my stepdaughter when she sleeps Saturday. Got home prepared dinner chicken with cheese and bacon, chopped wedges etc. Feel asleep for a hour. Partner usually home for 6.30 so started cooking dinner 6.00. No partner nearlly 7, gave in and phoned got shouted at hes miles away. Delay dinner 8.30 finally home ate and I tidied up. Hes had a shower messed it up, now destroying my kitchen cooking a sausage casserole in slow cooker for his ex and exs father. Im upstairs watching grinch out the way before I say something I will regret. Thankgod for work tomorrow

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Finished my Christmas shopping - a couple of trips to various places to avoid the crowds and try to get all the bits I was after.

I have NEVER finished my Christmas shopping before December payday (20th) before and I am quite pathetically proud of this!

Cooked dinner, and watched 4 episodes of greys anatomy... how I have never seen it before, I have NO idea!

Reactions: 2
Got up at 7, made the kids breakfast then washed and dressed them for school/nursery.
OH did the drop off, whilst I tidied up a bit and went for a shower. He came back and had breakfast as I was getting ready, then I had breakfast while he went for a shower.
We chatted for a bit then headed out around 11ish in the car to Pets at Home. We’re surprising the boys with a new kitten this weekend (a Christmas present from MIL who’s cat had kittens recently)
How exciting, great gift !!😻

Trimmed my bush. Its beside our front door and needed trimming before I put the fairy lights on.
Shaved my pussy. She brushed her leg against a car exhaust pipe. Its only a little wound but mike the vet said keep the bit around the wound hair free.

Then mostly housework and now sleepsville😴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
A while back I volunteered for the Oxford Study for COVID-19 testing. After completing some paperwork and waiting a few weeks, I had the first test of many today. Small bonus: didn’t realise you are paid to do the study; £50 in vouchers for the first test and £25 for each subsequent one. The nurse did try and take blood to ascertain whether I have antibodies but as my veins are woefully rubbish she noped out after the first try. Aside from this and work, it’s been a relatively uneventful day as always in my boring life :(

I dropped my youngest off at work, she was panicking because there was workmen outside and didn't want to walk past them, I had to park right outsideher office doorway! Back home and I've got the Christmas carols on and going to make some tablet to put in with some presents. The doors are now tired after doing zoomies for the first part of the morning, we'll go on our walk this afternoon before I start dinner for everyone.

Woke at 5am, went for a 10 mile run
showered, dressed and made breakfast while g/f was still in bed asleep at 7 - lazy cow :LOL:
Tattled and read some Aljazeera
We went out for a 30 minute walk and returned home
Drove to storage facility to offload more IT hardware
did some more packing
Put train & plane tickets to one side, along with passport as I keep on panicking I'll forget to take them come Friday
Had lunch - just a ham and cheese sarnie
checked emails
Currently watching Gentleman Jack

Woke up at about 8am.
Made some breakfast (poached eggs on toast).
Wrapped some presents with some YouTube vlogmas video in the background.
Received a delivery.
Went to the gym at about lunch time
I need to shower now and then I might go on a walk to get a coffee. It's the last day before London moves into Tier 3 so I might go out by myself to get a pizza and a beer from the pub. I'll be by myself which I don't mind, I'll just take a book to read. I've not decided yet though!

I'm off work until January as I didn't take any holiday throughout the rest of the year, so that's why I have more free time!

Woke up at 6.30 am and went back to sleep.
Woke up again around 10 and worked on tidying up my room.
Made some breakfast and fed the dog.
Received the packs of stickers I ordered last week for my bullet journal spread next month. (I added photos of all the stickers I ordered)
I'm going to spend this afternoon watching some TV and writing. I might listen to some records too depending on my mood.
Going to sort my stuff for college tomorrow once I finish dinner, hoping to be in bed for 9pm.

Attachments

Fed the children, dogs and horses
Mucked out and groomed horses
Hoovered, dusted and cleaned kitchen
Had something to eat
Walked dogs
Had shower
Now about to attempt to make a Christmas garland...I'm the least creative person ever so I'll probably be having a tantrum very shortly 🤣🤣

• Heart
Fed the children, dogs and horses
Mucked out and groomed horses
Hoovered, dusted and cleaned kitchen
Had something to eat
Walked dogs
Had shower
Now about to attempt to make a Christmas garland...I'm the least creative person ever so I'll probably be having a tantrum very shortly 🤣🤣
grooming horses in the morning, the dream ❤

i got up kind of late-ish, around 9, tidied up
went out to pick up a few parcels, christmas prezzies coming from relatives
had breakfast and coffee while checking work emails
spent most of my morning tattling
had lunch while feeling bad for not working more 😂

! paid my bills and went into minus for the first time in my life !!
felt terrible about it

tattled some more
ordered some cat food for the little lady
about to make dinner for when bf is home from work
planning to watch a christmas movie later, diy some decorations and help him wrap some presents

Cleaned my oven ready for Christmas after putting it off for so long. Later will rewarding my self with a takeaway so to not mess up newly cleaned oven and a gin because it's Christmas after all!

Reactions: 4
I've had a really scrappy day. Working from home with kids making piles of mess everywhere and eating the whole kitchen's worth of food. I am behind with Christmas and feel really unproductive. Oh well, better day tomorrow.

• Heart
Woke up mega early but decided to go back to bed as its my day off. Woke up at 8:30 but stayed in bed til 9 (never do this anymore & it felt soo good!)

Made breakfast, caught up on housework & washing, put a couple more Christmas decorations up & got ready.

Popped out to collect some parcels & last minute presents, then off to sainsburys to pick up picky bits for our dinner tonight. Came home, watched the original Gavin & Stacey Christmas special, had a nap now contemplating putting dinner on. Was naughty & cancelled pilates tonight!

Pretty boring really but nice to be at home as work has been sooo busy!

Woke up at 6:40am
Slept awfully so decided to fully rinse WFH ma d a day of no meetings and work from bed. Started at 7am.
Boring day. Spent a lot of time scrolling through tiktok instead of working.
Finished at 3 and went for 30 min walk as I haven’t left the house in days.
Came back and caught up on corrie.
Cooked dinner
Now just sat in front of TV.
Very fed up of working from home and how mundane life is atm. Need to start making more of an effort to get ready properly and put some makeup on and leave the house every day. MH is struggling when I have days not speaking to anyone. Might give my mum a FaceTime in a minute to cheer me up.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.