What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up and got ready for a walk to meet my mum in a local country park. This was our priority today over school work, as it’s the only sunny day of the week forecast. We had such a nice walk. We spotted a kingfisher and 6 deer in the woods 🥰 so my son was very happy!

Got home, had a quick dinner and then he logged on for his school Zoom call. We did about 2.5 hours of school work after that.

Then had tea, watched an episode of Grand Designs as requested by the boy 😂 and now getting him to bed. Going to have a Corrie catch up and then run a bath and read some of my book.

Boyfriend has the day off tomorrow so fingers crossed we manage to get out again for a short walk in the morning before the rain comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Week off work 👍🏻
up at 6am, breakfast, shower etc.
Drove hubby to work - there and back takes 2hrs
Food shop in M&S and Sainsbury’s - Not been in a supermarket since September
Home food unpacked, kitchen cleaned, including inside fridge
lunch
Cleaned inside car.
went and picked hubby up from work (another 2hrs driving)
dog walked
randomly cleaned the filter in the washing machine
made tea
now sat on my bum 😂

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the warm welcome back comments (y)

I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and didn't wake up again until 9am this morning!
I went to the loo in the middle of the night but my addled brain was confused and I thought I was still at my parent's house and ended up walking into my storage cupboard!
Because I'm being a good law-abiding person I didn't go out for my usual run this morning and continued to self-isolate
Managed to get a Morrisons delivery for Wednesday at 9pm, so ordered a shedload of stuff
My friend came round and dropped off my car she'd been looking after in my absence. She also handed me a bag full of essentials such as milk and bread while we chatted through my kitchen window
Opened all my mail, parcels and the odd Christmas present
Text my g/f to say I was safely back home. She wanted to come over but I told her she won't be able to for another 10 days.
Stripped the bed and did a shedload of washing
Went into my back garden to top up the bird feeders, and then quickly realised I was definitely back in England because it was friggin' cold!
This time last week it was 34C in J'Burg, and yet this morning here in the Lake District it was just 1C at 10am
It was so cold in fact that I'm sure my nipples dropped off and rolled down the garden path! :LOL:
Spent the afternoon giving the house a good clean; did some IT work for a couple of hours
Unpacked more stuff and did more washing, drying and ironing (a job I loathe and normally get someone else to do)
Zoomed g/f again. She still wants to come round even if means standing in the garden. But I didn't want to run any risks with neighbours etc.
Ordered a lovely King Prawn Chop Suey Curry with rice from the local Chinese
Finished off a bottle of Jacob's Creek
Had a doze, Tattled, checked emails
Am now spending the evening on my sofa watching The X-Files, in peace and quiet despite the cold weather

Reactions: 3
Tattle seemed to have stopped notifying me of updates on this thread but I just caught up. Was thinking of you this weekend for your flight @Mulholland Drive , I'm glad you finally got home ❤ Welcome back to freezing cold England!! Have you got any nice plans with your gf for after the 10 days?

Today was my first day at the new job
4 zoom meetings back-to-back this morning, lots of meeting people, and a long phone call to IT to set up the work laptop they sent me
Made halloumi salad for lunch which was very nice
Did some work for my new manager which she seemed happy with
Realized that I was still having technical issues on the work laptop by the end of the day but thought "I'm not working late on my first day" and logged off 😂 will fix with the IT man tomorrow morning
Made a snack and did an upper body workout
Washed my hair and trimmed my fringe which I like. It's shorter, but not too Lord Farquaad-y. I feel very ✨arty✨ with this fringe
Cooked dinner
Going to watch more Haikyuu now and read my Anthony Kiedis autobiography before bed

All in all, a quite successful day, looking forward to tomorrow

Reactions: 9
Tattle seemed to have stopped notifying me of updates on this thread but I just caught up. Was thinking of you this weekend for your flight @Mulholland Drive , I'm glad you finally got home ❤ Welcome back to freezing cold England!! Have you got any nice plans with your gf for after the 10 days?

4 zoom meetings back-to-back this morning, lots of meeting people, and a long phone call to IT to set up the work laptop they sent me
Realized that I was still having technical issues on the work laptop by the end of the day but thought "I'm not working late on my first day" and logged off 😂 will fix with the IT man tomorrow morning
Washed my hair and trimmed my fringe which I like. It's shorter, but not too Lord Farquaad-y. I feel very ✨arty✨ with this fringe
Cooked dinner
Going to watch more Haikyuu now and read my Anthony Kiedis autobiography before bed

Thanks for the nice thoughts:). Yes,it is good to be back here despite it still being winter (compared to summer in SA).

My G/f tested covid-positive about 3 months ago, so when my 10 days are up we're both going to have separate PCR tests just to make sure we are "clean", and then she can come over to my place for a week or two and play catch up on a few things ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Cooked dinner

You had me at halloumi 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had a nice day, been on 2 walks. Very cold out though 🥶 baby absolutely keeping me on my toes especially now hes a little walking machine. Fella still has a broken foot, he's absolutely useless 🤣

Had a nice day, been on 2 walks. Very cold out though 🥶 baby absolutely keeping me on my toes especially now hes a little walking machine. Fella still has a broken foot, he's absolutely useless 🤣
it seems the walking power is shifting between the two of them 😂

• Haha
I woke up at 6, and again I was disorientated, thinking I was still at my parents home in SA
Also wanted to go outside for my daily run, but remembered that I can't due to SI
Had breakfast such as it was - toast!
Did some ironing and cleaning
Spent 3 hours doing IT work, while also explaining to clients why I couldn't visit them onsite for another 8 or 9 days
Zoomed g/f. Am so desperate to be with her after almost 3 months apart
Had lunch - more toast
Friend popped round and came with a bag of food supplies
Tattled throughout the day
Decided to cancel my TV licence renewal. Never watch terrestrial TV or iPlayer
Currently raining hard, and still cold

• Heart
Woke up on time but the bed was just the right warmth so I couldn't get up on time. Changed the sheets and did a load of laundry. Had a late breakfast while checking emails on my phone then caught up with some work. Had carrot soup and toastie for lunch and I was doing great until I messed up and ate a bunch of junk in the afternoon. Went on a walk, ran errands at the post office and the shop and walked back home. Received my orders - a gift for a friend and my new scale. I need to muster the energy to sort out the delivery trash and maybe also eat a salad so that I'll know I've had something fresh in my stomach today. Planning to just unplug for the rest of the evening and catch up with some reading. Fingers crossed.

• Heart
Woke up on time but the bed was just the right warmth so I couldn't get up on time. Changed the sheets and did a load of laundry. Had a late breakfast while checking emails on my phone then caught up with some work. Had carrot soup and toastie for lunch and I was doing great until I messed up and ate a bunch of junk in the afternoon. Went on a walk, ran errands at the post office and the shop and walked back home. Received my orders - a gift for a friend and my new scale. I need to muster the energy to sort out the delivery trash and maybe also eat a salad so that I'll know I've had something fresh in my stomach today. Planning to just unplug for the rest of the evening and catch up with some reading. Fingers crossed.
I could throw my usual abuse at you, but you've done well today. Well done (y);)

• Heart
Had breakfast in a dim sum restaurant
Went to an old, posh part of town and had a walk around and took some photos
Bought a birthday present for a friend
Drank lemon tea
Went to a Korean restaurant for dinner
Had a bowl of cherries

• Heart
Up at 7.30, sorted pets out, had 3 coffees.
Decided to clean the fridge.
Showered/washed hair/got dressed, for a change
Tesco delivery came, put shopping away.
Currently writing some PhD work (narrative analysis 🥱) while having Tattle open
Will put pyjamas on/do evening skincare in another hour or so, have tea, go to bed and hopefully watch Married At First Sight Australia as I couldn't last night.

Had a terrible nights sleep. BF’s phone woke me up at 3am with a work call and I had a headache. I then saw 4, 5, 6 and 7am. Spent a couple of hours dozing trying to get rid of what had then developed into a migraine. BF brought me up a cuppa and tablets.

Hauled myself out of bed once it started easing and got ready for a day of schooling. We did a bit of work and then had breakfast wraps. 8yo then took himself off to bed saying he was tired and hot. Told him we could do a bit of schoolwork laying on my bed for a change so that helped. Made it back downstairs again to finish off the final two pieces which was a massive chore. Ended up losing my temper a bit which I’m trying not to do, but I definitely notice the difference between him struggling and him just not putting any effort in 🙄 e.g dropping his pencil about 10 times in twenty minutes and either talking or beat boxing over the Oak Academy lessons 🤦🏼‍♀️

Finished the school work so went to pick up an order from Homebase and then get a couple of bits from Morrison’s.

Back, played a bit of the switch and then made tea. Tonight will involve a bit of Taskmaster, a bath and hopefully finishing my book.

Got up had breakfast
got showered and dressed
went to my mum's to take her to the shop
came home washed dishes, cleaned kitchen
treated myself to Mc Donalds for lunch
then I put a wash on
came on tattle while I was waiting for the washer to finish
sorted out dry washing
decided to have a nap
now Im just deciding what to have for dinner while I scroll on here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.