What have you done today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wrote what I did on the last thread, but I’ve just had tea, watching some TV then off for a shower and to get in bed! Thrilling 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Spent a huge proportion of my day on tattle when I was meant to be doing admin. Procrastination will ruin me. I did manage to walk the dog though, stick food in the oven and check that the small one was following Google classroom, which in itself is a momentous task. So well done me.

• Heart
Same tit different day! Honestly I don't know why I write on this thread because I don't do anything differently.
No walks today because the weather was crap. Stayed in my pjs all day. Baby is really good with his walking, his Dad not so much 😆 Feel like I hardly go on Tattle anymore now the baby has dropped to one nap. He's keeping me busy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had a lie in this morning. I work flexi but usually start at 7am so I can have an early finish. Today I slept until 7:30am and started work at 8:00am.

Had back to back meetings all day. Ended up eating lunch whilst on a call which I hate doing.

Finished at 4:30pm. Had a shower and washed my hair.

Had a portion of a hello fresh meal in the freezer which I reheated for my tea. Sat and tattled whilst eating and also scrolled through Instagram.

Just about to have a FaceTime call with my mum, dad and brother. Something which I definitely need to do more often.

Then I’ll watch MAFS with my housemate before going up to bed and reading for an hour or two until I’m tired.

Then repeat pretty much the same thing everyday until the weekend 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
woke up with my bf's early alarm for work then kept falling asleep, waking up, falling asleep, waking up... 💤
kitty joined me in bed around 8:30 when she realized i'm awake so i ended up staying in bed until 10 because she was extra cuddly
she kept pushing her little head into my hands and putting the chin up for scratchies 🥺 really cheered me up the little thing
good that i stayed in bed longer to rest in the morning because it ended up being an extra long working day
had breakfast and coffee, did a bit of journaling and did my nails, then started responding to work emails after tidying the kitchen
all in all worked between 11 and 19: emails, then site inspections, then projects with my boss at her place, had a little bit of food in between
had a bit of a tricky situation with a client where we had a difference in opinion but she said she appreciates my honesty
came home, bf made dinner, i tried to explain some things from work while we were eating but he was in a weird mood so we got into a fight
i went into the bedroom to hide from the stress, kitty followed me and we had some cuddles, then bf came to apologize but we didn't care
finally changed into comfies, took makeup off, when i came out of the bathroom bf made the livingroom cozy and ready for videogames
so we played 1 round of a videogame and he also made me a cup of tea which i'm now enjoying while tattling
sometimes you have to get into a fight to get pampered a little bit 😥🤗
early meeting tomorrow morning so probably early bedtime

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am having a new kitchen fitted, it's a complete refurb. I've saved up for it for so long but it's turned out to be horrible timing. Two kids and a dog at home in a freezing house with loads of banging going on.
I've sat right next to a load of bread and some teabags all day trying to work. Daughter's laptop broke too. I also noticed second daughter has chunked up a but during lockdown and I feel bad about that. I haven't said a word and won't but I'm going to look on ebay tonight for some waterproofs so we can get out more. One of those days.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Taken from the previous thread.....
I woke up at 6, and again I was disorientated, thinking I was still at my parents home in SA
Also wanted to go outside for my daily run, but remembered that I can't due to SI
Had breakfast such as it was - toast!
Did some ironing and cleaning
Spent 3 hours doing IT work, while also explaining to clients why I couldn't visit them onsite for another 8 or 9 days
Zoomed g/f. Am so desperate to be with her after almost 3 months apart
Had lunch - more toast
Friend popped round and came with a bag of food supplies
Tattled throughout the day
Decided to cancel my TV licence renewal. Never watch terrestrial TV or iPlayer
Currently raining hard, and still cold

...Spent the afternoon doing Citrix Admin course.
Scoffed a packet of Maltesers with a glass or two of wine
Ordered a Chinese takeaway
Showered and dressed in my overlong granddad shirt and shorts
Chinese meal arrived - absolutely fab, followed by some R&R ice cream - double fab
Am now in bed watching TV (Peep Show) with a nice cup of coffee
Sleep won't be too far away .... :sleep:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am having a new kitchen fitted, it's a complete refurb. I've saved up for it for so long but it's turned out to be horrible timing. Two kids and a dog at home in a freezing house with loads of banging going on.
I've sat right next to a load of bread and some teabags all day trying to work. Daughter's laptop broke too. I also noticed second daughter has chunked up a but during lockdown and I feel bad about that. I haven't said a word and won't but I'm going to look on ebay tonight for some waterproofs so we can get out more. One of those days.
Awwwhh. But the new kitchen sounds great. What sort did you go for or would you rather not say.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I also noticed second daughter has chunked up a but during lockdown and I feel bad about that. I haven't said a word and won't but I'm going to look on ebay tonight for some waterproofs so we can get out more.
that is such a nice way of handling it and it's very considerate of you not to mention it. my mom always commented on my weight and compared me to my sister. she still does it now and it really fucked with my head. so thank you 🤗

Reactions: 12
Awwwhh. But the new kitchen sounds great. What sort did you go for or would you rather not say.
ah, thank you. Stone tiles, cream shaker with quartz top. Looks nice in the 3D image-thing they generated and a friend's Dad is fitting it so fingers crossed. I've moved two applicances out to the garage so should be more space.

I'm sure you can all rest easy after that update! ;)

that is such a nice way of handling it and it's very considerate of you not to mention it. my mom always commented on my weight and compared me to my sister. she still does it now and it really fucked with my head. so thank you 🤗
Yes, I think Mum's can have a terrible impact. When we visit my parents, I can see my Mum watching them both then she always turns to me without fail to say something like 'little 'un is a completely different build isn't she? but almost as if she's enjoying it.

• Heart
Just out of interest, can I ask what happened to your daughter's laptop? Did she drop it or is it a hard drive issue? (I ask as a techie head)

Reactions: 2
Just out of interest, can I ask what happened to your daughter's laptop? Did she drop it or is it a hard drive issue? (I ask as a techie head)
Hard drive issue - I work with techies so messaged them on slack and sent screen shots then a guy came round to take a look at it and just said it was a really low level HP one that was basically a glorified tablet. I've ordered a better one now. I am hemorrhaging money at the moment but I might as well carry on :m . Thanks for asking.

Hard drive issue - I work with techies so messaged them on slack and sent screen shots then a guy came round to take a look at it and just said it was a really low level HP one that was basically a glorified tablet. I've ordered a better one now. I am hemorrhaging money at the moment but I might as well carry on :m . Thanks for asking.
Okay, but just for future reference it will be beneficial if you performed backups either to an SD card, flash drive, external drive or Cloud storage (Google and Microsoft are decent). You can then sync data from source to the destination at regular intervals. That way if your drive on your new machine should fail at least you can do a restore to a replacement drive or an even new machine.

Good luck(y)

• Heart
Not what I've done but what I'm going to do. Cut a fringe with kitchen scissors.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.