What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone, I was on the go all weekend so didn't really get a chance to tattle. I'll catch up on what everyone's been doing soon, hope you're all well :)

Saturday I went for a run with MrGP when I got up. It wasn't my best attempt - I had to keep stopping as it was hot and I was a tad hungover but it was a lovely day for it and I felt so much better after it. We don't usually run together though and I did stop at one point to have a rant at MrGP to just bloody go ahead and leave me and stop pushing me to go faster and checking our speed every 2 seconds etc. All the people nearby had a right old laugh at me I think so I was rather embarrassed :oops: After a shower and change we headed out for brunch in the sun then I chilled and read my book on the terrace for a while. We walked into the city at night for early anniversary celebrations 🥰 went to a hotel bar for some fizz and enjoyed live music then went to a nice Indian restaurant. Indian food here isn't as good as the UK (I miss British curries so much :cry:) but it was still a lovely meal/night. We got an Uber home and it ended up a fortune as the traffic was horrendous, they'd shut one of the bridges due to the protests so there was a price surge - MrGP was pissed at me as he'd wanted to get the subway, oops!

Yesterday I went to the park and did a stair workout thing and stopped for my usual Sunday coffee and donut treat on the way home. Then it was back out for a walk then brunch, another long walk before going for dinner to our usual Sunday night pizza spot. It's quite embarrassing we go every Sunday (or got takeaway from it when dine in was shut over winter) and they don't even give us menus now as they know our order - a large pizza pepperoni and hot peppers and a bottle of red wine 😂

So..... basically to summarize my weekend was spent walking lots, eating lots and drinking lots :ROFLMAO:

Editing to add a couple of photos from my weekend - the view from my run and my favorite pizza😊

99E12E2D-7C2F-405E-A925-EB249529F280.jpeg
D92410F0-D61A-4495-84AC-B47442BBAF42.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello everyone, I was on the go all weekend so didn't really get a chance to tattle. I'll catch up on what everyone's been doing soon, hope you're all well :)

Saturday I went for a run with MrGP when I got up. It wasn't my best attempt - I had to keep stopping as it was hot and I was a tad hungover but it was a lovely day for it and I felt so much better after it. We don't usually run together though and I did stop at one point to have a rant at MrGP to just bloody go ahead and leave me and stop pushing me to go faster and checking our speed every 2 seconds etc. All the people nearby had a right old laugh at me I think so I was rather embarrassed :oops: After a shower and change we headed out for brunch in the sun then I chilled and read my book on the terrace for a while. We walked into the city at night for early anniversary celebrations 🥰 went to a hotel bar for some fizz and enjoyed live music then went to a nice Indian restaurant. Indian food here isn't as good as the UK (I miss British curries so much :cry:) but it was still a lovely meal/night. We got an Uber home and it ended up a fortune as the traffic was horrendous, they'd shut one of the bridges due to the protests so there was a price surge - MrGP was pissed at me as he'd wanted to get the subway, oops!

Yesterday I went to the park and did a stair workout thing and stopped for my usual Sunday coffee and donut treat on the way home. Then it was back out for a walk then brunch, another long walk before going for dinner to our usual Sunday night pizza spot. It's quite embarrassing we go every Sunday (or got takeaway from it when dine in was shut over winter) and they don't even give us menus now as they know our order - a large pizza pepperoni and hot peppers and a bottle of red wine 😂

So..... basically to summarize my weekend was spent walking lots, eating lots and drinking lots :ROFLMAO:

Editing to add a couple of photos from my weekend - the view from my run and my favorite pizza😊

View attachment 546780View attachment 546781
That pizza omg 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I took the dog out and felt worse, felt a bit dizzy and that my eyes weren't focussing properly. Decided to skip the run (why do I always feel guilty?) and just did a 30min ab/bum workout instead, then got in the bath, so feeling better now. Need to go and make tea shortly.

Didn't get up to anything much over the weekend, Spent most of yesterday in the garden, mowing, planting and moving pots out of reach of Pupper. Made up a bench for the garden which I had to drive an hour to b&q to collect. Wouldn't normally have bothered but am hosting a get together with my mates next weekend and needed something for them to sit on 🤣

@prinnygrace sorry to hear about your relationship, sounds like it had run its course and you've done the nicest thing xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So I took the dog out and felt worse, felt a bit dizzy and that my eyes weren't focussing properly. Decided to skip the run (why do I always feel guilty?) and just did a 30min ab/bum workout instead, then got in the bath, so feeling better now. Need to go and make tea shortly.

Didn't get up to anything much over the weekend, Spent most of yesterday in the garden, mowing, planting and moving pots out of reach of Pupper. Made up a bench for the garden which I had to drive an hour to b&q to collect. Wouldn't normally have bothered but am hosting a get together with my mates next weekend and needed something for them to sit on 🤣

@prinnygrace sorry to hear about your relationship, sounds like it had run its course and you've done the nicest thing xx
Thank you 💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 1
good evening tattlers! 🌷

this morning i got up early, before my bf and had a quiet morning coffee while watching kitty play on the balcony. it was nice and made me realize how much i want to finally leave my house! covid-wise i'm feeling better but there's the pressure+pain in my chest and the fatigue. unfortunately i haven't been able to reach my doctor over the phone so i've sent her an email. she'll probably prescribe me an antibiotic in the morning and then my bf can go pick it up at the pharmacy because he's allowed to go out from tomorrow and for me it's still isolation until the end of the week!

anyway i spent almost the whole day working. in between emails i did 1 round of dishes and 1 round of laundry. bf made lunch - pasta with a seafood mix in a goat cheese tomato sauce, with a side of salad with croutons, yummy! also had a nice break which i spent on the balcony. during this break the police called us to check if we're isolating at home. they called us. on the mobile phone. to check if we're home. over the phone? bent coppers!

speaking of bent coppers, i've only watched 2 episodes of line of duty today. i hate it when work gets in the way of watching a show! anyway, at least we've started season 4. about to have dinner and watch another. later my farming show is on haha. my favorite couple turned out to be a cheat - it's been discovered they knew each other before the show. and i kept thinking they look like an old married couple together! ah well, that's farming reality tv shows for you. 🤷‍♀️ after that it's probably early bedtime for me. more work tomorrow and a zoom call. can't wait to go for a walk fnally!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Glad you moved OK! will you not be going back at all now? no more encounters with your neighbour and his dog? that sounded like the start of a rom-com. 🥰
I'm going back once more this Friday to pick up two smaller plants, my coffee table and full length mirror! My parents are helping out with these as their car is bigger than my friends Mr Bean car 🤣 And I need to do a big clean of the flat before I hand the keys back, which I'm dreading 😬💀 also the neighbour and dog are cute but he lives with his gf (and he's too clean and tidy looking for me, where my bad boys at)

So last night nearing midnight and balls deep in the LOD thread, I realised I had to be up at 6am to be on time for my 8am Crohn's infusions.... whoops! I slept terribly since it's my first night at my parents and I'm not used to staying here - I woken up by my cat at 2am and 6am as well as my older brother (whom I strongly dislike and never speak about) basically thundering up and down the stairs and across the landing outside my room at. So that was great 🙄 gonna have to pick up some earplugs I reckon

I woke up so tired that I felt mega nauseous this morning. I went to my infusion where I sat hooked up to an IV and get some good tit pumped into my veins. It lasts about 2 hours so I made a good dent in my book, the latest in the Wolf Brother series. I wish I could be part of a wolf pack too, it sounds more exciting than normal life (though I don't think Matty would be best pleased 👀)

Since I'm knackered, I had a very unproductive day which I'm low-key panicking about because of work deadlines. Smashed through three brews this morning in an attempt to feel human again (spoiler alert: it didn't work). My AllSaints skirt arrived and looked crap so I went straight to the post office to return it. My search for my summer wardrobe continues...

I watched Pointless ofc (got a pointless Shakespeare answer 💅🏻) and had some raspberry and almond loaf which was lovely. Gonna wash my hair now and try and wash this day off me!! There's no good telly on tonight so I will just do all the work I should have done in the day as I have a catch-up with the manager tomorrow morn 🤪 leftover stuffed pasta shells for tea tonight, yum!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Good evening all. Hugs to those under the weather.
Work/school usual tricks. Went out at lunch to pick up my new specs which was a relief to my poor eyes as I’ve been wearing the wrong strength for just over a month since my old ones broke 🥸 treated myself to a costa lunch whilst out (toastie, latte and half a slice of tiffin - saved the other half for son after school).
Put some washing out, love the fresh line dried smell. School run again then cleaned the fish tank, fed and played with the cat and watered the garden. Spellings and reading done with son and had a veggie curry and naan for dinner. Plan for later is a bath, watch some LoD S6 and try and get warm as ive been pretty chilly all day despite the sun being out.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi gang ive done absolutely nothing all day apart from lie in bed. I'm so ill! I think my fella passive aggressively sent the baby in an hour ago to wake me up so I've been up since. But I feel tit :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Hello lovely people,

Sorry to hear some people are feeling down for various reasons.

I’ve spent the day with my boyfriend as he’d booked the day off for a delivery. I went and took the boy to school, then we had a coffee and watched Alan Carr’s game show. Then went for a bike ride. He’s got an e bike so I was winding him up that some of us were actually working hard cycling 😉

We got back and put the last episode of The Walking Dead on so now we’re all caught up. @aimzalicious have you watched the second half of S10? Negan’s back story was the best episode I’ve watched in ages, I loooove him.

Then we had a few games of 6 ball puzzle on the switch. Then he had a nap and I started a new book.

I went to go and fetch the boy from school, came back and chilled for a bit. Made tea and then more games of 6BP. The boy won 20 games in a row, its an actual joke. Don’t know why I bother playing 😂

Getting him to bed shortly and then gonna watch Corrie and read some more I think.

Hope people’s weeks improve as they go on 🤞🏻♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi everyone⭐

Big hugs to everyone feeling crap! I feel a bit better - going to get an early night (I say that, I’ll fully be on here come midnight lol). Managed to get some jobs ticked off my to-do list which helps my anxiety.

Washed my hair which is a job in itself then had my chicken korma what had been cooking in the slow cooker. Doing a quick tidy up now then heading up to bed!

take care everyone xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Went to work, now home chilling watching keeping up with the kardashians

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Went to work this morning not expecting miracles, 15 minutes later got details for my first collection of the day which was 10 minutes away which was a nice easy start. Got to London, crossed the river and straight into Pret for my Flat White and then more work came in and I had a good amount to keep me running for a while. I ended up in Whetstone North London with a couple of Tottenham drops, headed back into central London for more
work and by 3PM I had a nice little load. I ended up heading North again ending up in Hemel Hempstead at around 5:15. Now I'm in trouble because any work heading in my direction would be given to riders closer by so I might miss out. Sadly no last minute bookings so I rode from Hemel all the way home with nothing on board. Oh well, never mind, it's very rare that happens but things are so crazy right now. At least I had a little quality work today so things are looking up a bit.

Reactions: 6
@aimzalicious have you watched the second half of S10? Negan’s back story was the best episode I’ve watched in ages, I loooove him.
No I stopped watching back in 2018! I just read a summary of the ep and nice to know about his leather jacket and the name Lucille for his bat!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
MrGP was in the office today for the first time since before the pandemic so I was home alone working for the first time in over a year! Felt strange but also kind of nice to have the place to myself. I had music on and put the tv on in the background for a while which I can’t usually do as he’s on calls all day so I usually need to tip toe around and keep the noise down 😂 It was just a one off for now though so back to norm (well our new norm) tomorrow. I think our work are looking to start bringing us back into the office part time around September time, I think I’m in the minority but I actually can’t wait.

I ordered some new jeans which were delivered today so tried them on but need to send back. I love the color and fit but annoyingly they are cropped/ankle length which I hadn’t realized when I ordered them. I desperately need new jeans but struggling to find any nice full length ones - the fashion seems to be cropped ones here just now.

Apart from that just a standard boring old Monday working, doing some laundry etc. About to have leftovers for dinner now then watch Criminal Minds and probably read for a bit before bed. Night all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Been hectic lads 😂 So weird seeing my 2 best friends last week 😳

Walked 66k in total last week 😁

Scotland.. cant cope 🙈 He's a dream. Watched line of duty again together tonight. He was asking where we're going when he comes up to dublin 🙈 also I was saying I've bad hay-fever and he said grand you won't be looking after the garden so 🥰🥰🥰🙈

65 or 35 days to go. Have to wait til we can travel as hes in another county. I think it will be the 65 days, July 1st but its going by so quickly 🥰

We talked on the phone tonight after line of duty. It was 10pm and I decided to go for a walk. Checked phone and it was 11.20 🤣 could talk to him forever 😍🥰 how he says my irish name makes me swoon 🥵

----
@under the ivy LOVE TO DO lists. When I was in hospital for anxiety they got us to use wool in art therapy. You had a large piece of woll down to the shortest and it was to put your biggest worry at the top, down to the smallest. Worked so well. To do lists are so important. Really keeps you calmer.

@WilmaHun my skin always gets so dry during spring. Hope you're ok wilmaaaaa * love the flinstones*

Love your idea of myself & Scotland being a tattle wedding 🤣Hen party here so 🤣🥰

@watermelon sugar hope youre ok doll 💗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hope those that have been feeling ill are starting to feel better.

Anyone else now feeling worse now lockdown is lifting? I feel really unsettled and I can't work out what it is. I had a week off over Easter so can't be that and nothing has gone disastrously wrong, just the usual life stuff.

• Heart
Sorry to hear so many of you have been under the weather lately. Wishing everyone a swift recovery and sending love. ❤

I agree @petitspois I feel the same. I haven’t even been able to do anything now that restrictions are lifting and honestly don’t even want to. I feel very despondent which I’m surprised at because I was really looking forward to normality beginning to resume. I think it’s made me realise that my life was never that interesting to begin with and I feel lost, if that makes sense? I also feel very disconnected from my family and the few important friendships I had broke down over lockdown.

• Heart
Sorry to hear so many of you have been under the weather lately. Wishing everyone a swift recovery and sending love. ❤

I agree @petitspois I feel the same. I haven’t even been able to do anything now that restrictions are lifting and honestly don’t even want to. I feel very despondent which I’m surprised at because I was really looking forward to normality beginning to resume. I think it’s made me realise that my life was never that interesting to begin with and I feel lost, if that makes sense? I also feel very disconnected from my family and the few important friendships I had broke down over lockdown.
Perfectly put, I feel exactly the same....x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hope those that have been feeling ill are starting to feel better.

Anyone else now feeling worse now lockdown is lifting? I feel really unsettled and I can't work out what it is. I had a week off over Easter so can't be that and nothing has gone disastrously wrong, just the usual life stuff.
I don’t feel like it currently but I do know what you mean because I felt that way after Christmas. I’d had such a nice few days celebrating Christmas at home and then from about 27th to NY I felt awful. I hated the unknowing and the feeling of being forced to open things up again. I was actually very relieved when the schools closed again and we went back into lockdown.

I don’t feel like that now, I’ve gone back to being grateful that schools are open (another 2.5 months of home schooling after last year will do that to you!!). There’s no rush to get out and do things just because they’re open, so take things at your own pace x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.