What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished transcribing my first interview 🙌 only took 5 hours 🙃🥴

Had a nap but Rosie woke me up scratching at my door. Thanks Rosie! Probably did me a favour as I could have slept for the rest of the day.

Need to prep for my interview in the morning so I can relax tonight. Then usual shower, skincare.... you get the picture!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hope you’ve all had a lovely day!
I feel like I did bugger all at work today, it’s been such a slow day! Hope it picks up again soon 😅
Was planning on having chippy for dinner and was soo looking forward to it but bf has just walked in and said “fancy McDonald’s instead”? Last time I had McDonald’s I accidentally 👀 had a cheeseburger. I’m a vegetarian and supposed to be dairy free 🤣🤣
Have a lovely evening everyone x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I had a seminar for members of the public to comment on research today. They don't take any prisoners, it was brutal. It went well though and I only forgot I was supposed to be taking notes a few times :ROFLMAO:
My night consists of the delights of bin night, phoning my Mum and then Guides pick ups then I'm done.

I'm getting back into skincare after a shocking period of not doing anything. I'm ashamed of myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hello all, feel a little bit better again today. Work was still a bundle of anxiety but I've had two proper meals today so I'm hoping I'll feel a bit less stressed tomorrow.

Went to the co-op earlier and the cashier was talking to a pregnant (with twins) woman and making small talk when she suddenly asked "was it planned" 😲 Talk about some people having no filter.

My new shoes came and guys... I'm in love! When I started buying adult shoes in the mid-2000s the only shoe I could find for sale were a 4 if lucky (often had to settle for a 5). Then 4s became more commonplace and I just assumed that was my shoe size, sometimes going to a 3.5 if I found them. All the other women in my family are a 6 at a minimum so a 4 felt really small in comparison.

Measured them last night and looked up sizes and... I'm a 2 in most brands (and a 2.5 in a few)... nowhere near a 4. I've worn these shoes for an hours walk and it was magical. I've always been a shuffler and forever being told to pick my feet up but when I picked my feet up the shoe came with them! They still need broken in a little and they've scrapped the skin only a tiny bit but normally when I have new shoes my heels and toes bleed so a little bit of scraping is a huge improvement.

Plus my knee still hurt a little (probably due to weight) but it didn't hurt anywhere near as much as it does normally and my ankles didn't hurt at all! Neither did the soles of my feet!

I probably sound like a right divvy not realising that my shoes were two sizes too big for almost 20 years but, in my defense, you can't walk into Clarks and pick a pair off the rack to try - I just assumed that was how shoes were meant to fit and everyone hated wearing them 🤦‍♀️

Luckily I'm not back at work yet - we don't have a strict dress code but I don't think I can rock up in bright blue trainers. No idea where I'm going to find work suitable shoes that aren't too casual or too frumpy in that size though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy anniversary for yesterday @GoofyPrincess x

Must be something in the air, seems like everyone is either feeling rubbish, got a headache, feeling miserable or just generally not right! Hope everyone feels better soon :(

I did go to the running club in the end. The group were lovely. There was someone there who I vaguely knew through a family member so she made me feel more at ease. I definitely need to up my fitness levels, I did trail behind quite a bit and was panting like a dog at the end, which I felt really embarrassed about! But I felt like I had achieved something so that's good. I think I'm going to try and do some solo runs at home for a few weeks then return to the group once I feel a bit fitter so I don't feel quite so embarrassed next time.
Now sat at my desk wondering what fresh hell the day at work will bring, really cba, roll on the bank hol. :ROFLMAO:
Our sold sign has finally gone up on our house so me and my partner went for a quick selfie, much to his dismay. I wish I could share it on here :ROFLMAO:
Have a lovely day all x
@WilmaHun Don't be embarrassed at all, be proud of yourself for going and achieving something. It takes courage to go to something like that for the first time. Everyone there will have been in your shoes at some point either being the newbie and/or trailing at the back. Stick with it and it will get easier in time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello hello!

Feeling much more myself today 😊🍉 not done a lot either really. Made me & the bubba tuna pasta for lunch, always panic a bit because using a tin opener cabbages me head but it was a pull tin lid. Good ol' John West 👌 my fella came in halfway through lunch so that was annoying cos the baby didn't finish his lunch. We went to the Asda for a food shop when the baby woke up from his nap. I've been eyeing up the air fryer in there for a while 👀 finally caved and treated myself to it! Had to return some jeans from Asos because they did fit surprisingly but I dont suit mom jeans lmaoooo I looked a sheeoooww in them. The returns thing cabbaged my head. Tried scanning the bar code like 10 times til my fella pushed past and done it. Anyways we gets home and we bang air fryer out. Amazing stuff. We had scampi and chips. Although I did say I wanted wedges (I dont really rate fries) but what does me fella do. Put the fries in 🙄 really knocked my first air fryer experience but im willing to let it go. The baby tried fish fingers for the first time and he was buzzing. I said to him, wait till you try a fish finger butty mate! The baby likes watching us dance so we put on Cotton Eyed Joe and me and me fella were pure line dancing in the kitchen for about half an hour while the baby was like 😁 oh and I dropped a pissing bag of casserole mix ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!! I was LIVVVIIIDD!! not much else happened, the other side of my chin has a pesky hair growing out of it and I keep trying to get it out but its a tough cookie x

• Haha
  • Heart
Hope you’ve all had a lovely day!
I feel like I did bugger all at work today, it’s been such a slow day! Hope it picks up again soon 😅
Was planning on having chippy for dinner and was soo looking forward to it but bf has just walked in and said “fancy McDonald’s instead”? Last time I had McDonald’s I accidentally 👀 had a cheeseburger. I’m a vegetarian and supposed to be dairy free 🤣🤣
Have a lovely evening everyone x
Go have that cheeseburger. Its the same as my sister doing keto but every few weeks has a burrito or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hello hello!

Feeling much more myself today 😊🍉 not done a lot either really. Made me & the bubba tuna pasta for lunch, always panic a bit because using a tin opener cabbages me head but it was a pull tin lid. Good ol' John West 👌 my fella came in halfway through lunch so that was annoying cos the baby didn't finish his lunch. We went to the Asda for a food shop when the baby woke up from his nap. I've been eyeing up the air fryer in there for a while 👀 finally caved and treated myself to it! Had to return some jeans from Asos because they did fit surprisingly but I dont suit mom jeans lmaoooo I looked a sheeoooww in them. The returns thing cabbaged my head. Tried scanning the bar code like 10 times til my fella pushed past and done it. Anyways we gets home and we bang air fryer out. Amazing stuff. We had scampi and chips. Although I did say I wanted wedges (I dont really rate fries) but what does me fella do. Put the fries in 🙄 really knocked my first air fryer experience but im willing to let it go. The baby tried fish fingers for the first time and he was buzzing. I said to him, wait till you try a fish finger butty mate! The baby likes watching us dance so we put on Cotton Eyed Joe and me and me fella were pure line dancing in the kitchen for about half an hour while the baby was like 😁 oh and I dropped a pissing bag of casserole mix ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!! I was LIVVVIIIDD!! not much else happened, the other side of my chin has a pesky hair growing out of it and I keep trying to get it out but its a tough cookie x
Every time I hear tuna pasta I can’t help but think of this…

9ADB2CE0-C4D5-46C8-9BBF-1C2477BE4E14.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Hello hello!

I also cannot use a tin opener 🥴🥴 have to buy the slightly more expensive tinned tomatoes from Aldi bcos theyre ring pull when the cheapo ones need an opener 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Hiiiii everyone. Feeling a bit more like myself today. I woke up sad but I’m like that with any inconvenience in my life and it’s always the first thing I think about. But the rest of my day has been a-ok.

Went into the office so it was nice to see a few faces again. Decided I wasn’t going to tell anyone in work about the breakup yet because A) it’s none of their business and they’re all nosey fuckers and B) I don’t think I’m ready for all the questions. So I’ve put on my big girl pants and faked it till I made it😎😎

My SIL FaceTimed me when I was home to check I was ok. My mum must havetold her😂 but it was super nice to speak to her. She’s 27(ish) weeks preg and she’s fulllllly popped now. Baby is gona be a beastttttt👹

My housemate and I have been watching Teen Mom UK from the start lol so going to watch a few eps of that before I go and read for a little bit🤌🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
last day of isolation today and i've finally finished line of duty.
finished season 5 last night and season 6 today.
caught up with the line of duty threads here.
i can't think about anything else.

don't remember the last time i've eaten or gone to the toilet.
that is all. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m almost up to date with LoD and the threads here too (episode 6 to wa. I’ve barely had time to do my job today 😂 looking forward to sundays finale.

my bestie had her baby boy today 🥰 can’t wait to go see them at some point (she doesn’t live local so I haven’t seen her in person since pre pregnancy last summer).

Having a pamper evening with some Himalayan bath salts tonight as it’s so chilly here I need to defrost before bed.

• Heart
Thanks for all your well wishes yesterday! We logged off work sharp and had a couple of celebratory drinks at home before heading out for our feast! We got empanadas and calamari to share then filet steaks with chips/mash, chimichurri sauce and a bottle of Malbec, it was delish 🤤 MrGP did spend the first half of the meal talking to the people at the table next to us..... I was trying to subtly give him the eyes to be like what you doing this is meant to be a romantic anniversary meal but he was too busy chatting to notice my evil glares 😏 They left just before we got our mains though so was all good 😂

It’a the hottest day of the year so far so I’ve taken a late ‘lunch’ break so sit outside for a bit while I tattle and read a couple of chapters of my book. After work think I might go to the park for a workout and bit of a walk as I’ve not done anything the last couple of days and feel I need to get moving again - I find it helps me so much mentally if I do some sort of exercise most days.

I’ve got chicken in a BBQ marinade/sauce simmering away in the slow cooker so going to have BBQ pulled chicken in brioche buns with lots of jalapeños and hot sauce (well for me, MrGP is a total woose with any kind of heat/spice) for dinner 😊

Hope everyone’s had a lovely day!

• Heart
Evening everybody! :love:

hope your Wednesdays were as exciting as mine, back to work and again the afternoon dragged a little. I get myself into such a slump, I feel like if they offered for me to go and have a nap I’d probably take it!
quiet evening, did 5mile on the bike, cooked a chilli and now chilling in bed I watch a bit of tv. One more day of work then off for 4 days. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not much done here today, more sorting of the garage and I have a big charity shop box and a tip box, although the garage looks messier than when I started ...why does that happen 🤔. Teen went into town after school with her friend and she messaged to say she wouldn’t be back for dinner, so I had stuff left over that went in the bin. This week has flown by again, I wish the weather would get better for the bank holiday. @bolimepipi are you fully recovered or still feeling some COVID effects? My teen is part of University study ( they pick names at random and ask if you will participate) . She’s doing twice weekly tests for school and now has to do more for the Uni study, she said she’s sick of Covid and isn’t impressed that we signed her up 😂. I’ve got some Ben and Jerry’s ice lollies in the freezer, who knew they did lollies, looking forward to having one of them in a minute 😊.

edited for typo 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
@bolimepipi are you fully recovered or still feeling some COVID effects?
aww thank you for asking! 💛 i'm still exhausted, have a slight headache/foggy head and there's still pressure in my chest with a little bit of pain. i'm going to my doctor on friday about this tho, but it's better today :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not much done here today, more sorting of the garage and I have a big charity shop box and a tip box, although the garage looks messier than when I started ...why does that happen 🤔. Teen went into town after school with her friend and she messaged to say she wouldn’t be back for dinner, so I had stuff left over that went in the bin. This week has flown by again, I wish the weather would get better for the bank holiday. @bolimepipi are you fully recovered or still feeling some COVID effects? My teen is part of University study ( they pick names at random and ask if you will participate) . She’s doing twice weekly tests for school and now has to do more for the Uni study, she said she’s sick of Covid and isn’t impressed that we signed her up 😂. I’ve got some Ben and Jerry’s ice lollies in the freezer, who knew they did lollies, looking forward to having one of them in a minute 😊.

edited for typo 😂
My god it’s a bank holiday weekend!!!!! Thank you for reminding me 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.