What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yayyy Yorkshire my neck of the woods @nbt ❤

Just worked today but I’m on annual leave for the next week 🎊 I made breakfast for tea (fry up) and it was so good. Had a pamper bath and gave myself a facial. Watching Love Island in bed with brownie m&ms.. they’re not great tbh.

Have a good weekend everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@bolimepipi @nbt Hope you both enjoy your weekends away :cool:

======================================================

We ended up going out for dinner and drinks super local last night in the case the storm hit - which it didn't btw! Went for Ethiopian food which was delish and a real treat as we never go for it because Mr GP complains it's too messy as you eat it with your hands 😂 It's almost like curry type dishes you scoop up with a thin crepe like bread - it's kind of weird and doesn't look very appetizing but it's super tasty 👌 Then we went to a local bar which has just recently reopened after shutting in March last year. Had to show proof of vaccine for the first time which was kind of weird, almost like them IDing everyone going into the bar. They're implementing vaccine passport type things here on Monday where you need to show proof of vaccination to get into bars, restaurants, gyms, cinemas etc but some places seem to be adopting it early.

Got up and made myself the strongest coffee this morning which was much needed then had a pretty productive work morning. Popped out to get an iced coffee after lunch to perk me up and was only out about 10mins and felt so ill with the heat - well not the heat so much but the humidity, it felt so thick. Then just been plodding along with some more work this afternoon. Going to make fajitas on the grill outside tonight and chill there for a few hours then try to get an early night.

Mr GP asked me if I was up for a spontaneous night tomorrow night planned by him....... rather anxious and worried as I like to be in control and am very much the planner in our relationship. He never does anything like this so a bit worried about what he's got planned 😬 I agreed on the conditions that it's something I will enjoy, it's not something embarrassing like karaoke and we won't be home too late 🤣

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hiya, how’s it going?

Lovely pics @nbt @Penguin86 and @bolimepipi 💖

Today has been a drag:

🙀 Had a rude awakening with my cats doing sprints around my bedroom at 6.30am and jumping on my head after a rubbish night’s sleep. OH forgot to shut them in downstairs before he left.

😾 My cherubs have been fighting all day and my headache has returned. At least it was sort of dry outside for a bit today so turfed them out into the garden to play on their trampoline. I love it, it’s like a giant cage with the enclosure on haha. Had my cuppa in peace.

😿 Had a bit of a dilemma trying to find something suitable to wear to a funeral I’m going to on Monday. I have to wear something pink - I don’t own anything pink. Also struggling with gift ideas for little one’s 4th birthday at the end of the month.

😸 Had a fakeaway homemade chicken
curry with rice for dinner tonight because I’m trying to stop being a little pig. 🐷

Just finished watching tonight’s Love Island and probably gonna be asleep soon as I’ve a busy few days coming up and I’m exhausted. Night 💖

• Heart
Hiya, how’s it going?

Lovely pics @nbt @Penguin86 and @bolimepipi 💖

Today has been a drag:

🙀 Had a rude awakening with my cats doing sprints around my bedroom at 6.30am and jumping on my head after a rubbish night’s sleep. OH forgot to shut them in downstairs before he left.

😾 My cherubs have been fighting all day and my headache has returned. At least it was sort of dry outside for a bit today so turfed them out into the garden to play on their trampoline. I love it, it’s like a giant cage with the enclosure on haha. Had my cuppa in peace.

😿 Had a bit of a dilemma trying to find something suitable to wear to a funeral I’m going to on Monday. I have to wear something pink - I don’t own anything pink. Also struggling with gift ideas for little one’s 4th birthday at the end of the month.

😸 Had a fakeaway homemade chicken
curry with rice for dinner tonight because I’m trying to stop being a little pig. 🐷

Just finished watching tonight’s Love Island and probably gonna be asleep soon as I’ve a busy few days coming up and I’m exhausted. Night 💖

Can you Accessorize with a pink scarf/bag .....can you borrow something from someone? I don’t own any pink either so I’d be the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can you Accessorize with a pink scarf/bag .....can you borrow something from someone? I don’t own any pink either so I’d be the same.
I was thinking a little scarf, I’ll have to have a look when I’m out tomorrow or ask my mum (she’s going too). Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@WilmaHun I ❤ a spreadsheet

Evening (morning) all. Not been home from work long, just relaxing on the sofa while husband finishes his movie. Ate two bags of crisps and had some chocolate 😋

I'm pretty tired though. Luckily work wasn't too busy tonight (though it was earlier in the day) so got some admin done between inpatients Didn't get paddle boarding this morning cos it was quite breezy, gonna try again tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210814-000832.png

My many many work spreadsheets 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I haven’t posted for months on this thread as I’m incredibly boring 😋 but I’m struggling mentally lately so I thought it would be nice to write down what I’m actually doing so I feel like I’ve done stuff in a day!

Not got any plans for the weekend, hubby has gone to do a car boot this morning so I sacrificed my turn for a lie in 💔 but we really need the cash lolz so I’m going to take my little boy for a walk in a bit, stick my AirPods in and just walk!
Really been stressing over money/housework lately for no reason, my house is a tip, loads of little bits I need to sort and do, and I’ve got loads of bills I can’t afford to pay but never mind 🙃 got to drop my sons nursery application form off today and do a food shop, that’s about as exciting as my weekend will be I think 🤣

hope you all have a lovely weekend ☺💘💖

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nothing really
Got the chance for a couple of days by myself to go away . I need to book it today, it's in this country .. just alllll byyyyy myseelllfff. I really want to , I've done it before, but for some reason I'm hesitant

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just had my 1st day of work and cook off/taste testing for their new menu and got to try everything on it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi everyone!

I sort of went MIA this week, I’m so emotionally overwhelmed even posting my update is very tiring. On the whole, my life seems to be on the mend, but I’m slowly quitting my antidepressants so I’m a bit of a mess. I’m waiting for my uni timetable to be drawn up so I can apply for a new (hopefully better paid) job. Spent a couple of days this week desperately shopping for the upcoming wedding — I was planning to post a weight/body image related rant but decided against it because I don’t want to be negative. I am very average sized but will just say that buying clothes when you are any size but an XS is a pain.

Now I’m just trying to focus on myself and my feelings. Learning to put yourself first is so difficult after years of being taught to prioritise everyone else. Any advice on how to do that is more than welcome!

@t Glad you’re feeling better today. ❤ I hope it’s all better from here! And the lecture was exciting! Three more to go for this course! The only downside is it’s at 8:30 am. Isabella and cat here if you ever want to talk by the way. 😉 📷

Here’s my big boy helping me study last night. 🐈⬛

09577C55-16BF-4046-9040-722DBC8DEFA1.jpeg
Thank you so much, you are an angel! And look at your beautiful boy 🥰 I’m so in love with his fangs haha

A bit late to the party but congrats on exchanging contracts @WilmaHun! How exciting! 🥳

Enjoy your stay @bolimepipi, you deserve to have an absolutely smashing time, you work so hard it awes me ❤💫

Sending much love to everyone, I missed you loads! Have a fantastic Saturday!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning! (Just)

I’m decorating the bathroom today - painting it from magnolia to ‘summer tide’ (pale blue). Just on a coffee break ☕ What a way to start my annual leave 😂

I’ll be knackered after wards so will have a lazy evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Morning! (Just)

I’m decorating the bathroom today - painting it from magnolia to ‘summer tide’ (pale blue). Just on a coffee break ☕ What a way to start my annual leave 😂

I’ll be knackered after wards so will have a lazy evening!
No rest for the wicked! 😝

Hope you enjoy your lazy evening lovely. I’m not jealous at all (she says as she’s surrounded by screaming children in soft play). 💖

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

So far today has involved phoning my Nana (to have her go on about my weight again) and phoning my mum (to have her laugh and tell me that I'll never be able to own anywhere to live.)

I checked my bank balance, and despite spending a bit more than I wanted to last week, I'm still doing okay. So I decided to open a LISA.

...Only to fill the whole form in twice and press submit which seemed to do nothing but delete the submit button. There was no e-mail confirmation and nothing on the page to say they'd received the application... so I have no idea now if I have Zero, One or Two (not allowed) LISAs and I can't go to another provider because then I might have three :LOL:. Phoned the customer service line and it doesn't open until 9am on a Monday.

Piss up and brewery come to mind 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Hi all

Not sure why i am updating as yesterday consisted of sleeping and today has been a real nothing day.
Done a few jobs this morning then done nothing of note. Sat outside for a bit, had a catch up with the kids, read a few chapters of a book. Ate lots. And none of it healthy. Oh well. Calories don't count at the weekend (words from a wise friend 😂)

We've all been summoned to the mother in laws tomorrow. All kids and grandkids.

I will report back tomorrow

Tonight I'm going to watch a film with the kids then bath and relax (a bit more 😂)

Hope you are all having a good weekend

• Heart
woke up early this morning, had a coffee and headed straight to the police station.
I reported the sexual assault to the police today and handed my underwear in as evidence as I kept it unwashed. I’m praying they find something on there which can be used to support my case, so everybody please keep everything crossed for me. I feel so much better for reporting it and am looking forward to the case progressing and hopefully justice for me being served. The police officer that did the informal interview was soooo nice and understanding and I’ll be called in later this week for a formal interview with the detectives. I am so proud of myself for doing the right thing!

after I got home I’ve just been looking online for things to buy, we’re recarpeting and repainting the house this week - where do you all suggest for home furniture pleaseeee?

So far today has involved phoning my Nana (to have her go on about my weight again) and phoning my mum (to have her laugh and tell me that I'll never be able to own anywhere to live.)
I’m so sorry they said this, I know first hand how toxic family members can be. Please ignore them and long term you will prove her wrong xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@xx3221 Proud of you for having the courage to report it *hugs*

🎨 Didn't sleep til gone 4am again
🎨 Not going to the funeral on Tuesday as my aunt just wants a quiet one (my surrogate mum is going) and she will take us out for a family meal at a later date which is fine. Just made her a sympathy card and will send her some flowers. Probably just spend the day reflecting and probably having a drink to cheers him
🎨 My parents death anniversary is next month and it will be 20 years (seeing all these 9/11 tv shows are triggering me as our accident happened the same night)
🎨 Salad for dinner and then a relaxing evening watching films and tattling

• Heart
Reactions: 16
woke up early this morning, had a coffee and headed straight to the police station.
I reported the sexual assault to the police today and handed my underwear in as evidence as I kept it unwashed. I’m praying they find something on there which can be used to support my case, so everybody please keep everything crossed for me. I feel so much better for reporting it and am looking forward to the case progressing and hopefully justice for me being served. The police officer that did the informal interview was soooo nice and understanding and I’ll be called in later this week for a formal interview with the detectives. I am so proud of myself for doing the right thing!

after I got home I’ve just been looking online for things to buy, we’re recarpeting and repainting the house this week - where do you all suggest for home furniture pleaseeee?

I’m so sorry they said this, I know first hand how toxic family members can be. Please ignore them and long term you will prove her wrong xx
I'm so proud of you for reporting it and that they're making you feel comfortable going forward, well done.

I've not ordered from them myself but I like Made.com for home furniture - they've got loads of different styles

• Heart
Reactions: 7

you are amazingly strong, good job 👏🏻👏🏻💛💛

slept in a bit today, actually woke up naturally. that's what holidays are for 😄 that and morning sex of course 😄 had a shower & then went for breakfast. bf ordered bacon egg pancakes and i ordered a tuna melt which arrived without the cheesee?? so where's the melt?? never order a tuna melt outside of the uk/british isles... 🧐 also had coffee and fresh juice ☕🧃

we walked to a bike rental place and reserved two bikes for tomorrow 🚲🚲 then went to the beach and after some swimming decided to rent a kayak 🚣🏻‍♀️ we were kayaking/jumping out & swimming for 2 hours and it was a lot of fun!

DE433DCF-1448-4C38-BC97-8610FE45C2C6.jpeg

had another swim when we dropped it off, went to a shop for some fruits and walked back to the airbnb. had pasta salad for lunch (i had prepared it in advance for 1 inside meal) and some cookies, washed the swim gear and had a shower & washed my hair. then i napped away and just woke up 😅

currently having a beer & a radler on the balcony, watching the boats and will walk into the old town soon for dinner! we're going to an asian fusion place 🥢

81604A85-3F05-41BF-937E-4D9A40015FBA.jpeg

• Heart

you should be so proud of yourself for reporting it, that couldn’t have been easy to do but well done for doing it. I’ve got everything crossed that they find some evidence to support your case. Xx

🤡 I’ve had another good day! My dad text me to tell me to check my bank…. He’d transferred me a really generous amount of money for which I am soooo grateful. The only catch is I mustn’t tell my mum 🤣
🤡 this week has been so good though that I’m on edge wondering when it’s all going to come crashing down, something is bound to go wrong at some point now!
🤡 quite a boring day from me really, ive not done much. I know ive got a really busy few weeks ahead of me doing our new house up so I kind of wanted to enjoy being lazy for a bit!
🤡 went to b&m to admire the chocolate aisle, it didn’t disappoint

0E25C5F6-A811-40A0-913D-7BC5D920CD2F.jpeg

🤡 picked up 2 floating shelves but when I got to the till they scanned at 10p!! Bargain!
🤡 went to see my boyfriends grandma, it’s been boiling today and she STILL had her heating on. I was sweating like a nun in a cucumber field. I tried saying “cooor bloody hell it’s hot in here grandma” but she said she felt a bit chilly 🥵🥵
🤡 just had a Chinese for dinner which was slightly tainted by Mr Wilma asking if I fancy some 🍆 after. No thanks hun, I’m off for a quick nap after stuffing my face.
🤡 gonna have a nice hot bath then hopefully find a new series to get into!
🤡 this was a long boring post! Have a nice evening everyone xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.