What have you done today? #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*stumbles into thread*

Right you lot, I've tanned almost a whole bottle of red which I will regret when I'm woken at 6am by my Eldest shoving a toy hedgehog in my face (do not ask!). Sorry to those having a crappy day but it is almost the weekend (8 minutes in fact).

Just to say I love you all, you fab bunch 😘 Take care, be fabulous and tomorrow is just another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Okay, guys! Just here to say I manifested this song irl. That's the only interesting thing that happened to me yesterday (Thursday). 😂

And I bugged Blondie that I wanted donuts for breakfast. So we walked over to the donut shop and I got a Chocolate Sprinkle one for breakfast and packed a blueberry jam one for lunch. Free donuts spark joy. A good start to Friday. I have just been reading and napping for the rest of the day, and I taught English as usual from 10-11:30 pm. Friday is almost over but my assignments are not! So I guess I will keep reading until like 3 am. I will be here on Tattle reading updates. Hope everyone's Saturday is starting off well! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@WilmaHun Great work telling your asshole boss off! Did he write you back yet? 👀 I’m nosy.
Yes, he did respond. He spent some time pondering over it to make sure he covered all the important aspects. He must have spent ages typing away.

He said

“ok. Thanks for letting me know”

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Yes, he did respond. He spent some time pondering over it to make sure he covered all the important aspects. He must have spent ages typing away.

He said

“ok. Thanks for letting me know”

Idiot is putting it nicely! Wanker more like 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh dear @WilmaHun - hopefully he'll take some of it to heart and at least say 'good morning' from now on.

Thanks @isabellalovescats - still very sore and bruised but the swelling is going down a bit so a weekend going easy on it will hopefully help to rest it.

Productive start to the morning - I dreamt that I ate some supermarket-brand frazzles while walking round the store but my card had snapped in half so I folded them over and legged it. Then the police were involved so I was hiding in a small self storage unit with Lawrence Llewyn-Bowen watching daytime home makeover shows with him on a VHS player and CRT tv. The police were closing in (a full SWAT team for stealing about 7p worth of crisps), we were surrounded, and then noisy housemate woke me up by slamming his door. I've never been so pleased to wake up at half six on a Saturday :ROFLMAO:

Rebooked my second jab - managed to move from 2.5 miles away on the 13th August to 0.6 miles away on the 21st July so I'm buzzing about that! It's at a pharmacy rather than a vaccination centre as well so if I have another panic attack at least there will be fewer people around.

Got my washing put on - now to just relax.

• Heart
  • Haha
Morning Gangggg

Urgh, you know when you make plans months ago and the day comes and you think why did I agree to this I cba

Meeting some friends for some kind of bottomless brunch. Text my mate last night like ‘what time is it booked for again’ assuming she’d say 2pm or something. 12. I have to be there for 12. I have to leave my house not long after 11 and get on a train. Urgh. Cba. I’m sure it’ll be fine when I'm there 😆

• Heart
best of luck @Boredofthegram 🍀

today i worked in the morning and hung out with kitty, also ordered some clothes off zara, 50% off everything! i got 5 dresses and a pair of sandals, haul coming your way any day now 🛒🛍

took a boat to a nearby island to do a wedding venue inspection and had just enough time for a swim before getting the boat back into the city!

View attachment 653868

i went in with makeup on and was extremely impressed by the fact that my makeup was ''removed by the sea'' perfectly, i've been telling everyone about it 😂😂

View attachment 653894

then went home, showered and got ready and went for sushi & cocktails with a few friends 💛

View attachment 653896

i love a hugo!!

now sat on the couch watching love island with my bf. we're rewatching season 5 and have given up on the new one for now 😅

i love it actually!! 😍 it's not easy to find good basics!
@bolimepipi you are stunning 🤩🤩🤩

PXL_20210707_094529811.jpg

Annnnnnnd breathe. Tough day at work yesterday, but it's the weekend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Morning beautiful people! 💕 I haven’t updated for a couple of days because I’ve been feeling crappy and don’t want to bother anyone with the details. I’m a bit better today, though, so I will try to catch up.

@Raymond Luxury-Yacht I am so sorry to hear what’s been going on between your parents and you. Sending so much love. Do you think they would ever listen to you reason about moving out again sometime? ❤
Oh, I’m actually saving up for rent right now, there is no other way out, unfortunately. My father is actually more or less understanding but my mother never takes my feelings into account so she will just have to face the facts. It’s a shame because I love them a lot, they are not that bad, but at my age it’s just impossible to live together, makes me feel like I’m a teenager once again! Thank you so much for asking, you are the sweetest!

How are you today, how’s the reading? You already know that I find your research topic incredibly fascinating 😃

@bolimepipi Goodness, you are gorgeous! (And so is Croatia) You should consider modelling or something if you ever get tired of your job 🥰

@Boredofthegram Good luck with your job interview! Hope it goes well!

@WilmaHun You are an absolute angel for putting up with your prick of a boss. I would have kicked him in the eye years ago 😅

@Peaches_xox Enjoy the brunch! You deserve it ❤

I don’t have much to share myself, have a busy day planned, hopefully it will be some good kind of busy. I will be perfecting my bass guitar skills in my free time too, I think I know who is going to be UK's Eurovision 2022 entry 🤣

• Heart
Morning everyone, I've not long got out of bed so I'm just having my morning cup of tea and a tattle before I start the day. My Mum is coming for lunch today so that will be nice. yesterday afternoon I watched some tennis but it was that boring I ended up doing some ironing instead :oops: I might pop in M&S later to see if there are any decent yellow sticker items I can get for tomorrow when footballs on.:giggle:

• Heart
Happy weekend everyone!

Haven't posted this week just been dealing with alot of stuff i havent got much to report on just happy that im going a new bingo tonight 😂

@bolimepipi you are stunning! 💜 your pictures are always stunning to look at to!!

@Raymond Luxury-Yacht thank you for your message in the other thread sending lots of love to you as always 💜
my brother had the mental health team came over monday just to talk how is feeling i was listening on rhe stairs the whole crying my eyes out then they called in for a chat and i was sobbing my heart out to two complete strangers just had to alot to deal with i even had a breakdown at work the next day about it then a had a family meeting cos i cant handle it anymore its been better since 🤞

Hope everyone has a lovely saturday 💜

• Heart
Morning gang

My day started at 6.30am when i half asleep stumbled downstairs for a wee. And realised when i got to the bottom that I'm no longer living in the house with the downstairs bathroom 😂🙄
Climbed back into bed and woke up at 9.

My girls are still in isolation so it's a lazy weekend in the house. We've had donuts for breakfast because well why not

Avoiding fb today cos the cases rolling in on the kids school groups is just unbelievable. Another 2 cases i know of since school closed yesterday. On top of the 9 confirmed in the 2 days previous and the original at least 5 cases that took down all the bubbles in the first place.
Just praying the reception class doesn't go so at least my son can still get to school next week lol

Have a good weekend all 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My Saturday morning is niot as good as any of yours
❤🙌Bolimepipi you are gorgeous
2nd lot of washing on . Need to clean up the kitchen . Listening toMr Duck tell me another purchase is a waste of money and it’ll get shoved in the cupboard
Sick of listening to him bang on about my purchases yet he’s just spend 10k on a new car . I only bought a cheeseboard ffs
He’s failed to tell me today how he earns more .
He’s horizontal on the settee as per usual at the weekend
Whatever I don’t contribute towards household finances I contribute in keeping the house and his clothes clean and ironed … oh and good food
I ignore
Work later fir a chill out although I’m sick of my manager keep farting all the time and announcing ‘ bingo ‘ it’s a very small space and I actually could smell stale fart on me when I left work the other day and the prick wonders why he’s single . He drinks a 1.5ltr of fizz too so it comes out if both ends for 5 hours that I’m with him .
Thankfully the deputy manager is back next week and the majority of my shifts are with her who I get on really well with

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I got an email on a Saturday and I am way too anxious to read it so I have been sat lowkey nervous for an hour now. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got up Late today, well it's Saturday which is my excuse!

All I've done today I get my Black Suzuki sorted out, the MOT ran out today, it passed with
no problems. My mechanic sorted out my exhaust pipe which was a tad loose, he replaced
one of the clamps with a better one and the same for the hanger strap.

The only thing I hate about going out on a Saturday, bloody traffic, took me an hour to get
to my destination, normally takes 40 minutes.

Loving the hair colour @under the ivy

• Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 656549

Today I ditched the blonde and went brunette 😎
Love it! You look beautiful.

Well it’s been a long day for me. I was up pacing at 3:30 to stop my back muscles tensing too much and then was in a hot bath at 6:30 for the same reason. It’s eased a bit today as a result though so every cloud. Went over to bf house for a bit and we had dominoes for lunch. Now watching a film with little one and chilling a bit. That is the exciting Saturday I’ve had 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
how you have described the school for middle jelly has struck a chord with me as my son is exactly like that! He’s not made for the strict school environment at all. Luckily the teachers he has this year get it and have made it work for him a bit but the one he had last year just tarred him with the naughty brush and I was called in pretty much every day for not listening, too much talking, not sitting still etc etc. So hard to take it personally and I have only got one child so I can’t compare and thought my parenting must be off!
It's not your parenting. These kids are just sent to try us. Unfortunately Middle Jelly is having the same teacher next year with the added bonus of his younger sister, who is his biggest cheerleader and distraction, moving into his class. I don't care about the academic stuff (I mean, I do, as long as he has the basics covered!) I am far more concerned about him being happy and kind rather than top of the class. But the school are so negative about him, I feel like there is nothing he could do that is right enough for them now. I'm not sure what the solution is. He is thoroughly happy with himself though and loves to go to school and muck about, if he was miserable I would feel differently I guess. It is a lot to think about and it doesn't matter what I say or do at home, he is just him!
@ordinaryjelly Whatever you do, don't tell him you have tickets until a couple of hours before you go! He won't sleep otherwise!
The excitement is next level here. I am driving part way to Wembley tomorrow because if there is extra time/penalties we will miss the last train home, I plan to drive to the station and hand the children their train tickets with a print out of the England ticket code thingy and see who figures it out first. Middle Jelly has no idea but this afternoon he said "it has been fun to see England but it would be fun to go to the final, you know?" I said yeah, you have to be really lucky to get a ticket for the final imagine how many people want to go.....
@ordinaryjelly @Boredofthegram i too have a child who wasn’t really built for the classroom environment and have several complaints from the school. I wasn’t going to say anything because I feel like sometimes I’m always bringing life drama to the thread haha but I got a call a few days ago and the school want him to be assessed by an ‘educational psychologist’ next week. I had to sign the forms last night. I mean I’ll go ahead with it but in my opinion he’s not much different to any other 5 year old child, and he’s an only child so not having the ability to wait his turn or share I would assume is fairly normal for a 5 year old who doesn’t have to do any of those things at home. Especially when school has been shut for a lot of the year. They have zero concerns about his education though and often comment he’s the only child in reception which can do certain things in maths. On a certain reading level. Etc. So what you’re essentially saying is he’s clever but doesn’t conform to your classroom rules and now he needs an assessment?! His teacher made a suggestion on what child we should meet up with in the holidays because ‘H’ is very calming for him and a ‘good example’ so I was like he also mentions he’s good friends with ‘N’ and teacher was like ohhh him and N together are like two lads. Proper boyish. Not a good match. Erm okay. But they’re friends & H’s mum doesn’t speak English and I like N’s mum… so what do you want me to do?!
I always figure there is nothing wrong with doing the assessments but I do sometimes think schools are looking for problems that aren't there. It is unreasonable to expect all 25 children in the class to learn and behave in the same way and then the one who is the most different (for want of a better word) is always singled out and they think there has to be a problem. When really it is often as simple as we're not all the same.

Evening all.

The excitement levels here are astronomical. It has rained virtually all day and I decided to just let everyone do what they want because Lazy Parenting. Middle Jelly has spent his day watching just about every England highlight reel on YouTube. This kid is not going to be OK if they mess this up tomorrow. I keep trying to manage his expectations, and I think he realises we may not win but at the same time is blinded by his excitement and can't help but be so single minded. I am at the stage now where I am wondering what I was thinking taking them to Wembley tomorrow and if my heart is going to be able to take it. But at the same time, if they do win and it is 55 more years until they reach another final it'd be pretty cool for him to be able to tell his children "yeah I was there....." Oh Southgate, you better be the one if not and if you see me in the stands, I'm crying and I'm crying, doing what I can, I will put you down, football's not coming home (can't stand that song!) That isn't going to be OK. I need to stop thinking about it. I have gone through every outcome a hundred times and how I will manage Middle Jelly. If they win you'll probably see him on the pitch or something equally barmy. Pray for me.

I have also done just what I wanted today, that involved no cleaning or laundry, I was no-ones snack witch and I read an entire book while ignoring everyone and everything. I think we all needed a nothing day.

Middle Jelly has kindly set countdown timers on every device in the house so I can tell you it is 25 hours, 51 minutes and 5 seconds until kick off tomorrow. So help us all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Hi guys! Haven't posted my day here in ages. I went to a soft play with the baby, my twin nieces and my brother & sil. It was so good seeing them!! Was so cute seeing mini melon playing with his cousins!

I curled my hair all by myself and was ✨feeling myself✨ my hair has finally grown so I dont hate it lol. My sil told me I had lost weight so I was made up
Snapchat-1723671712.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.