What have you done today? #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Afternoon gang.

I am having A Day.

I will start with the positive, I made a really nice caesar salad for lunch with crispy bacon bits and I made the dressing from scratch and ahh it was just so good.

Last night Middle Jelly basically stayed up all night telling me about which England football player has done this or that and most tackles, most accurate passes and it went on and on. I started to think he was getting me at it and churning out made up facts so as he was saying "Rice tackled....." I started looking it up and he was correct. But please. Can we do this in the day time? At 11.30pm I said "Middle Jelly, this is really interesting, why don't you write it down for mama so I can read it and concentrate on it" and sent him off to his bedroom. No idea when he went to sleep but this morning I was handed 5 pages of tactical notes. Southgate better have someone doing all this homework for him, if they screw it up because they didn't know Bonucci can head a ball as well as he can and a corner needs to be played......Middle Jelly will explode.

Breakfast resulted in a lot of whining from everyone. I think we all are a bit tired from our Wednesday night shenanigans, I poured juice into Little Jelly's Weetabix instead of milk because I wasn't concentrating. She is such a people pleaser she said "It's OK mama, I can just eat juice Weetabix" poor kid. Took them all to school, realised one of them should have been wearing PE kit and wasn't and that another had left their lunchbox on the doorstep. I walked back to school with the lunchbox but told the PE goer to just stay in uniform.

Mooched about all morning. An hour ago the school phoned to tell me Middle Jelly is a bit excitable and disruptive today, I said oh what is going on and she said he is talking constantly about the football. Oh, hello. Welcome to my world. And that he has been reminded several times to use an inside voice and wait his turn and he is just responding "this might be the only time in my whole life England are in a final, do you know my mum has waited 40 years....." and not listening at all. She was angling for me to go and get him, I said "would you like me to collect him early?" and first of all she says yes, and I said OK I will need to get the girls at the same time because I'm not going back and forth every hour and she says "oh I don't think we can allow that" What are you the Law?! So she said he can stay in school and she will hope the afternoon is easier. I thought good luck with that.

I appreciate I probably sound like a Bad Mum but you know some kids are just not suited to school? That is him. My girls thrive in a classroom environment but Middle Jelly is far too wild and sees the classroom as a cage that stops him living his best life. I think to myself the children are all raised the same way and the girls are just fine, so it's clearly not my parenting. HAHAHAHA.

Might ask my sister to collect them so I don't have to do the walk of shame across the playground this afternoon.

Am going to sit down with my book for a while and ponder how this son of mine is going to make it to Sunday evening without losing his mind. Or causing me to lose mine.

At least it is Friday though. Early nights all round here.
how you have described the school for middle jelly has struck a chord with me as my son is exactly like that! He’s not made for the strict school environment at all. Luckily the teachers he has this year get it and have made it work for him a bit but the one he had last year just tarred him with the naughty brush and I was called in pretty much every day for not listening, too much talking, not sitting still etc etc. So hard to take it personally and I have only got one child so I can’t compare and thought my parenting must be off!

Anyways back on topic, today I’ve worked a bit, shuffled about the house and done some gentle stretches for the dodgy back, and now counting down til 3 when I can log off and go to pick up son and start the wind down for the weekend. I’ve got Prosecco chilling in the fridge and hope that takes the edge off the back 😂 might watch a film later with little ‘un and then bath and book for me. My bf has just got a PS5 this arvo so I won’t be seeing him tonight 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi gang

Today do far has been very productive. Old house is completely cleared out and keys ready to go back woo hoo.

I now have a pile of all that useless tat that homes have that i need to find a place for. In other words it's all the 'shove in a cupboard and forget about it' crap. But unfortunately that cupboard is currently occupied by bags and bags of toys that i need to sort out and it's the worst job in the world so I'm literally doing anything BUT that.
Hoping Mr M takes pity on me and does it 🙃🙃

I've done NO school work with the girls. But this close to end of term unless a teacher threatens to beat me with a big stick I'm not making them do it 🤷‍♀️

Doing a quick tea of spaghetti and meatballs since we've pretty much lived on freezer food for a week. Then tonight i will be getting the kids upstairs, spending a few hours scrolling Netflix hoping something jumps out at me then shower and bed.

Wow that was the most boring post ever lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello!
I feel bleeping dreadful today. I get ear infections frequently (because of eczema in my ear and once bursting an ear drum) and it seems it's decided that right now is the time to happen. Marvellous when its bleeping hot already weather wise and then the temp from the infection makes me feel 10x hotter.
Trying to get through to a doctor now is as hard as it was pre pandemic again. Will just keep using over counter ear stuff until I can get something stronger. Usually ends in a trip to the MIIU at 3am in the morning when I can't bare the pain anymore.

Currently working on a loom knitting project for a charity thing the whole house is getting involved in

Other than that not really done anything except watch Virgin River on Netflix

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Finally finished for the weekend ❤ - arm hurts like hell so I'm going to go lie down, but wanted to share the good news - today is now seven days without binging - I don't think I've done a whole week binge free since 2001 so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

Hope everyone has a good Friday evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Finally finished for the weekend ❤ - arm hurts like hell so I'm going to go lie down, but wanted to share the good news - today is now seven days without binging - I don't think I've done a whole week binge free since 2001 so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

Hope everyone has a good Friday evening!
You should feel proud! That's a huge achievement. Well done 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello everyone!

We’re in day four of isolation here. It’s not too bad really. We had tears within 20 mins of home schooling on the first day, but it’s been fine since. Although I appreciate having the school work to do because it helps create more of a routine and keeps the boy occupied for a few hours, I’m not as fussed about it as I was when they were all off school, because of us approaching the holidays.

The other half sent his ex a courtesy text yesterday, to tell her that our son is isolating but we’re still happy for the big two to come round if she is. We then found out the middle is isolating too. Nice to know we get the same courtesy back 🙄 oh well.

So we now have 2/3 kids isolating with us this weekend. The third said earlier, “wait does that mean we’re all isolating?” I said “don’t worry, you can stay in. We have no plans to go out!” He then replies that he was going to go out with mates. I’m sorry, what? This is the kid that barely leaves his room and now he’s actually leaving the house. Gobsmacked!

So now we’re left with one child that doesn’t stop talking and the other that hates our guts. OH has just come to tell me that he walked past her and kind of rubbed her back and she said “don’t stroke me, I’m not a dog” 🙃

I’ve escaped to have an early bath and then I’m getting getting my pjs on and having a tv night. Decided to save the excitement of the food shop for tomorrow so I can have a couple of hours freedom from the house!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@ordinaryjelly @Boredofthegram i too have a child who wasn’t really built for the classroom environment and have several complaints from the school. I wasn’t going to say anything because I feel like sometimes I’m always bringing life drama to the thread haha but I got a call a few days ago and the school want him to be assessed by an ‘educational psychologist’ next week. I had to sign the forms last night. I mean I’ll go ahead with it but in my opinion he’s not much different to any other 5 year old child, and he’s an only child so not having the ability to wait his turn or share I would assume is fairly normal for a 5 year old who doesn’t have to do any of those things at home. Especially when school has been shut for a lot of the year. They have zero concerns about his education though and often comment he’s the only child in reception which can do certain things in maths. On a certain reading level. Etc. So what you’re essentially saying is he’s clever but doesn’t conform to your classroom rules and now he needs an assessment?! His teacher made a suggestion on what child we should meet up with in the holidays because ‘H’ is very calming for him and a ‘good example’ so I was like he also mentions he’s good friends with ‘N’ and teacher was like ohhh him and N together are like two lads. Proper boyish. Not a good match. Erm okay. But they’re friends & H’s mum doesn’t speak English and I like N’s mum… so what do you want me to do?!

So anyway yeah the school thing is stressing me a lot and I’m glad it’s almost the holidays. Sports day today though and little peaches cleaned up. First and second in every race. He was buzzing. Obviously it’s the taking part that counts and all that…

Boring day here really. Work was busy. Took bing to a hospital appt. She was chatting the most tit in the car. I don’t know what she’s going on about half the time but I try and entertain it.

I can’t decide if I should cook dinner or order. I’ve eaten like an absolutely animal all week so I feel I should cook but also cba

Happy weekend to you all!

• Heart

today has been fairly boring, mainly filled with work, did lots of emails in the morning, felt very overwhelmed 😅

had a private tour which went very well then grabbed a coffee ☕ with my best friend and came home. made a salad for late lunch and we watched love island once again.

my boss called me during my tour to do something on the laptop but i said i'd do it in the afternoon when i'm home and by the time i was able to do it, she'd already finished? 🤷🏻‍♀️ i felt bad but i also felt like one of those people who just don't do something and wait for others to do it, for once, and it was kinda cool 😂

bf has been sleeping for a couple of hours, he's exhausted from working in 40 celsius degree weather, and a friend of my sister just visited to borrow a dress for a wedding. it's an old self portrait azaelea dress which doesn't fit me anymore so i let it live its life through others 😂

atm smoking on the balcony while getting up here and there to drop the cat on my bf's head to try and wake him up 😅

have a good friday evening everyone!

• Heart
Hey all!
It’s Friday! Can’t be arsed with the bedtime routine tonight, so my son is loving life racing cars everywhere, baby is settling and I am having a glass or two of Prosecco while catching up on the soaps.
Have a lovely weekend xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy Friday!
Feeling a bit rubbish this evening, kept my mind busy all day at work but now ive nothing to do my mind is going at 100mph.
Feel weird not posting my day though even if ive really got nothing to say, so here’s a pointless post from me 😅
Hope everyone has a good weekend x

• Heart
Evening all,

Today was a total bleeping disaster, talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the entire day
was just so bloody awful I'm not going to bore the tit of you with the details. At least the last job of the
day was a success, it was another food package from that wanker comms company that I don't like working
for.

I got home early thankfully, mainly due to lack of work, the traffic today was sheer bloody murder.

My left ear is a bit muffled today, this means I'm breaking out the Sodium Bicarb tonight to try and clear
it up. I'm due for my micro suction on both ears on Wednesday but I would like to be able to hear better
soon as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy Friday all 🥳

Slept in till about 8am today then got up, showered, washed and dried my hair. Made an iced coffee (after weeks of buying a coffee every day trying to get into the habit of making it at home again) and heated a frozen mini pain au chocolate for breakfast 👌🏼 Gave the bathroom a good clean at lunchtime and put on new shower curtains which brightened the place up and felt quite satisfying, it’s the little things! Got the robotic hoover thing going round just now but honestly sometimes I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth - MrGP is paranoid about it bashing stuff and not getting into all the corners so we spend ages moving things on top of the counters, bed, couch etc then have to put it all back again. So I’m currently sat on the couch in between my work chair and a laundry basket with my feet up on the coffee table so I don’t get in it’s way 🤣 Once it’s done I’ll need to put my chair back at my desk to log back on and finish work.

Not sure what we’ll do tonight yet, deciding between going out for dinner/drinks and having a quiet one at home with a takeaway and Netflix. We've been out and about lots recently and while it's nice and I'm grateful to be back to normality I'm kind of also missing quiet, chilled nights at home. Think I need to work better at finding a balance of nights in vs out. I tend to be all or nothing and finding it all a bit full on trying to do everything just now - up early to exercise most days, work all day and keeping on top of household chores, then out every night. I used to do it pre covid but I'm getting too old for it now and think I got too used to be lazy the past year 😂

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@AnderbeauJohnson Hello, how is the sprain today? I hope you are feeling better! ❤ And great job on a week free of binging! That’s such an achievement!

@Boredofthegram Best of luck with your interview! You got this! I believe in you. 🍀

@lemonlime I hope the cough goes away very soon. 🤗

@bolimepipi You are so pretty and so is Croatia. I wanna visit! 😍 How’s your beautiful kitty doing btw?

@Meangirl815 How are you liking the new place? 😊 So glad the old house is finally cleared out! Moving is so exhausting so I hope you get to kick back and recuperate for a few days! You deserve it!

@WilmaHun Great work telling your asshole boss off! Did he write you back yet? 👀 I’m nosy.

@Raymond Luxury-Yacht I am so sorry to hear what’s been going on between your parents and you. Sending so much love. Do you think they would ever listen to you reason about moving out again sometime? ❤

Phew, finally all caught up! I’m just working late this Friday. Trying to finish reading two more chapters of this Gender and Politics book before heading home from the office. Will update about my day later. Sending love to everyone, especially @Peaches_xox! Can’t wait to celebrate with you on the Freedom day!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.