What has made you break up with your boyfriend/divorce your husband?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
curious what was the last straw? sometimes it comes to mind like when mine calls me re*****d for serving him too much gazpacho. When he calls me names like that it really affects me but apparently i'm too sensitive

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
He should not be calling you names full stop.
I don’t know you obviously, but I already know you deserve so much better than that tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He should not be calling you names full stop.
I don’t know you obviously, but I already know you deserve so much better than that tit.
This, 100%. It's so easy to say this sitting from the outside, but if it hurts you then that's what matters. It's valid and accepted for you to feel hurt by that. It's not ok for your partner to invalidate your feelings and dismiss them because he doesn't agree.

If you're asking the question then you must have doubts about the relationship, but it's also really tough walking away from any relationship. Take time to think things through, talk with family/friends. Look after yourself x

Reactions: 3
Mine cheated.

But the final straw wasn’t really that he cheated. It was that he was completely against the idea of couples therapy and didn’t seem to care at all about mending our relationship. More came out about everything after we split and I’m so bloody glad I stood up for myself when I did!

And I couldn’t be with someone who uses that word flippantly. Especially directed at me. He’s calling you sensitive for not being okay with being called that? Trash him. You deserve so much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
curious what was the last straw? sometimes it comes to mind like when mine calls me re*****d for serving him too much gazpacho. When he calls me names like that it really affects me but apparently i'm too sensitive
apparently your other half is a bleeping ass hole.

why on earth would you let anyone talk to you like that,
I’m genuinely shocked he thinks it’s acceptable to talk to anyone like that and I’ll tell you this much, he’s be eating his dinner from the bin if he dared utter words like that in my presence, or to me.

not going to advise you on what you should do, not my relationship, but I suggest you don’t take bull tit like that from anyone.

you don’t “deserve better” because nobody deserves this full stop.

I did dump a guy in my early twenties (Kinda regretted it because he was a lovely guy) who went on to have a one night stand and get the girl pregnant with twins 😬

The reason was stupid, We probably could have worked it out,
but like hell was I going back into that burning building 😆

Reactions: 6
100% he should not be treating you like that! So what if you put too much on the plate? Now names can be jokes between partners but r*tard is in no way a nice name to call as a joke!

For my ex of multiple years it was none of the big stuff either and let me tell you it was big stuff. It was two simple facts. 1. We were going to move in together and every inch of my body was screaming no at me and 2. I stopped wanting to talk to him. Talking to him didn’t make me happy any more.

Him messaging people on a swinging website on the morning of my Auntie’s funeral...

So hard at the time, but you’ll look back one day and wish you’d left sooner. Hope you’re ok xx

• Wow
  • Heart
One ex cheated and got somebody else pregnant. I left the day I found out never spoke to him since .

• Wow
  • Heart
Mine called me a fing spas*** when I couldn’t hear what he said , being downstairs and him upstairs.
He made me think all men talk to all women like that & I wouldn’t find anyone better.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
One ex cheated and got somebody else pregnant. I left the day I found out never spoke to him since .
Luckily his flat mate at the time had the decency to tell me or I may never had found out. He knew where I worked so came in to the shop I was working in and told me 😩we had been together over 3 year .

• Sad
  • Heart
I was bedridden for three weeks and ended up in hospital on a drip due to the flu and it just clicked in my head that we lived complete separate lives and I wanted more. I refused to see him again but we eventually met up after 7 months and I knew there had been nothing there on my part for years. It took him 18 months to accept it.
Together from 16-28.

• Wow
  • Heart
You should never stay with someone who doesn’t respect you. I don’t know if there’s anything deeper going on here but the fact he insults you, then deflects the blame onto you for getting offended is worrying behaviour. You deserve better!

I’ve ended two serious relationships. The first was with the only person I’ve genuinely been in love with. He felt pressured into ending the relationship due to external reasons. A few months later, we rekindled but the situation hadn’t resolved. I was willing to continue the relationship anyway with the condition that he was honest with me. He couldn’t do that, so I left. It was so hard and to this day I love him, but I knew I couldn’t stay

The second one was an abusive relationship I was in for years. Like most abusive relationships, it started off good and very gradually got worse. He put me through hell and it got to the point where I was just existing, not living. I fell pregnant (unplanned) and after a while he eased off with the abuse but there would still be incidents. Hours after the birth, which was traumatic, he was verbally attacking me again. It was only at that point when I knew in my heart he would never respect me. I stayed because I didn’t want to cause any ‘drama’ but then there was an incident in front of our daughter. I had to leave. It was only after leaving that I was able to reflect on just how bad things had been. I’d spent years hyper-alert, always ready for him to get set off by something. I couldn’t look at the bigger picture when my mind was in survival mode. Complete waste of time, huge damage to my mental health, absolutely do not recommend staying with someone who treats you like crap

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Only you know the tone your OH uses when he calls you these things and whether he means it. Me and my bf insult each other all the time, but it's playful - like he'll say something funny and I'll call him a nobhead - that's banter but we fully respect each other.
If he actually means it and says it with the intention of insulting you, that's when it becomes a problem and you need to decide whether it's something you can talk to him about and make him understand how wrong it is and how it makes you feel. Otherwise if he doesn't listen then he's an hole and you deserve better.

• Heart
My grandad died 5 days after I started uni in a city 3 hours from home town, funeral was 2 weeks later. I came home for the funeral but as it was so early into the term I couldn’t stay home for long (got train back to my parents late the night before, funeral in the morning, stayed for the wake and went straight back to uni.) The boyfriend I was with at the time (he lived in my home town, we were together for around 5 months before I left for uni) was annoyed that I didn’t make time to see him on that trip home.
He cheated on me 3 days after I went to uni, had been messaging other girls before that. Not sure why I stayed with him until that point!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I found out my ex was planning a wedding... not to me, to a girl he’d been seeing for a year (in a completely different country). He had the audacity to beg me to forgive him and not leave him.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I divorced my husband because we got married young (childhood sweethearts) and Just grew apart. Then I left my ex and father of my child after 12 years together because he cheated several times.

• Heart
To add to mine.. he was completely oblivious to anything.. like the time he tried to have sex with me the night I got home from having a general anaesthetic after having a pacemaker fitted (not cardiac). He didn’t even come with me or pick me up and then I had to wait 3 hours for him to come home so I could leave my parents with my daughter. Idiot.

• Wow
  • Heart
Constant bickering. He had a pain in the ass ex that wouldn't go away. Never lived together after years. Family weren't particularly fond of me. I could go on 😂

• Heart
I left because after being with him for 6 years and there being no other reasons not to start trying I realised that I didn’t want him to be the father of my children. We had grown apart by this point and I didn’t feel like we’d be a team if we had kids, that held just expect me to do everything whilst he carried on doing his thing. It was the right choice.

• Heart
Mine called me a fing spas*** when I couldn’t hear what he said , being downstairs and him upstairs.
He made me think all men talk to all women like that & I wouldn’t find anyone better.
I hate this. I'm all for a bit of banter and calling each other idiots in a funny conversation but some things are too far aren't they?! I've been called fat in arguments and told to jump off a bridge!! Why do they think that is an acceptable thing to say?! He says in his job they all talk to each other like tit, shout and scream at each other in stressful situations (won't say what job he does but he see horrible things, no excuse). But he then comes home and thinks he can talk to me like I'm something on his shoe when he's stressed.
I'm still here for the time being, for my own reasons, but as far as I'm concerned relationship has been over a long time and we are just putting up with each other until I can leave and support myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5