What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's there is supposed to be a cost of living crisis yet all I ever see is another family away on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th holiday this year. These are people who on the surface have similar jobs to myself and partner so what the hell are we doing so wrong that we can't give our kids the same.

Its actually really starting to depress me. I keep seeing these people at hotels I know cost thousands such as fantasia in Tenerife or the ones at Lara Beach in Turkey. My budget just about stretches to a caravan out of term time and even that is a stretch.
It’s called living beyond their means or credit cards.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'll do a 3 for 1 here

Firstly my neighbours who are a bunch of total scumbags, like the family in Shameless but lacking the wit and charm, and a nuisance rather than endearing. They're having a party in their front garden with a load of drunk teenagers. Its 4 bleeping pm, I'm trying to work without 2010 tit garage being blasted out. And I have to have the windows open because it's so bleeping hot.

Secondly my Ex, because if he wasn't such a twit and had gone off shagging other women, I'd be moving out of this shithole to live with him now.

Thirdly, some plum from my office who has called me 5 times on Teams in the last 30 mins - which call I can't answer because it sounds like I'm in a bleeping disco.

It is all getting on my last nerve!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the heat is getting to me, everything and everyone is just getting on my tits.
I can’t sleep much because my bedroom is like an oven, heat gives me headache and I’ve chub rub on my thighs 😩
A 3RD person on eBay won the phone I was previously moaning about and didn’t pay so it’s up for the 4th time!
Arriva buses are striking again in my area after only being running for a week. Was supposed to be going somewhere for my youngest child’s birthday and now we can’t 😔
And I bought a vitamin c serum on Vinted that was apparently brand new never used but it’s badly oxidised

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just wanna up and sell my house and move to the woods to become a witch in the forest. I am so annoyed with modern life. duck computers, duck plastic, duck the overexhaustion of my brain being constantly in a dompamine high or looking for the next hit, duck constantly having to be available and reachable and still feeling more lonely than ever, no soulful connection to be had.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Exercising in the heat! I hate it..wanted to lose weight before the summer but didn't manage to shift it because catching covid and then recovery numerous times has taken its toll on my body. Sweating, moving everything it's just icky.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I just wanna up and sell my house and move to the woods to become a witch in the forest. I am so annoyed with modern life. duck computers, duck plastic, duck the overexhaustion of my brain being constantly in a dompamine high or looking for the next hit, duck constantly having to be available and reachable and still feeling more lonely than ever, no soulful connection to be had.
I want to do the same too sometimes. Just have a cabin to myself for a bit to disconnect. Maybe give it a go for a few days- there’s a few cabins in the UK for hire.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have neighbours who live about 4 houses down. They both work in Transport & we’re / are classed as key workers but, for some unknown reason were made furloughed through the whole pandemic - they’re mid 20’s & had an absolutely ball during the pandemic at home. They built a bar, outdoor cinema, literally drank in the sun all day everyday. Now, they’re back at work & the weather is becoming nicer & Covid is doing the rounds again they are on Facebook screaming how we should be on lockdown again - I’m literally doing everything in my power not to say anything - as they’ll be back in the sun no care in the world while the unskilled, not a keyworker here will have to work again. bleeping idiots man

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Couldn’t agree more

• Heart
I want to do the same too sometimes. Just have a cabin to myself for a bit to disconnect. Maybe give it a go for a few days- there’s a few cabins in the UK for hire.
Just do it.
I sold my house 20 years ago. Not had one since, lived off grid for 5 years,then a mixture of seasonal live in jobs and winters abroad...now back off grid in wilds,solar etc. Hardwork but makes you feel alive.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just do it.
I sold my house 20 years ago. Not had one since, lived off grid for 5 years,then a mixture of seasonal live in jobs and winters abroad...now back off grid in wilds,solar etc. Hardwork but makes you feel alive.
Omg, please share some of your experiences if you want? That is my dream! I don’t mind hard work but I do mind useless work as I do at the moment...

Can't really go off grid here as government regulations prohibit any sort of structure being built without a permit. You also have to be on mains water and electric, and you need to have a certain land designation to be allowed to use it as a full time home 😑

Couldn’t agree more
Wanna start a commune? I remember a thread on emotional labour on another platform (MetaFilter) where there was this idea of Crone Island... I want that!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Omg, please share some of your experiences if you want? That is my dream! I don’t mind hard work but I do mind useless work as I do at the moment...

Can't really go off grid here as government regulations prohibit any sort of structure being built without a permit. You also have to be on mains water and electric, and you need to have a certain land designation to be allowed to use it as a full time home 😑

Wanna start a commune? I remember a thread on emotional labour on another platform (MetaFilter) where there was this idea of Crone Island... I want that!
Hi,
Sorry don't like to overshare but will say we have always had a van to live in. But have lived 3 years in a wooden cabin with no plumbing etc.Everyone is different but possessions and living constantly on-line do not make a person fulfilled imo.
I'm sorry I don't know where you live but please realise there is another way if you want it bad enough ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi,
Sorry don't like to overshare but will say we have always had a van to live in. But have lived 3 years in a wooden cabin with no plumbing etc.Everyone is different but possessions and living constantly on-line do not make a person fulfilled imo.
I'm sorry I don't know where you live but please realise there is another way if you want it bad enough ❤
Thanks for sharing and your encouragement! I'm just worried about the loneliness, I would be off already if I had a partner to do this with 😆

Are you living off grid by yourself?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks for sharing and your encouragement! I'm just worried about the loneliness, I would be off already if I had a partner to do this with 😆

Are you living off grid by yourself?
Good point, I'm lucky to have a husband who shared my dream.
Good luck

Ps don't want to derail the ranting but there are remote, rural jobs with accommodation that could be a help to escape the humdrum.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
So a quick update on the neighbours from hell situation. On Monday night I was out visiting relatives but my wife was home and said it had all kicked off at their side. It seems the lad and his girlfriend had a blazing row and he chucked her out and she absolutely blew her lid and was screaming and shouting and smashing things. She ended up being taken away by the police and hasn't been back since - that is maybe half the battle because she was actually worse than him.

I've also had a bit of luck and managed to get someone today to put up a higher fence to keep their dogs out. If it wasn't for the fact we were planning on getting our garden sorted anyway (The fence and gate took a fair battering in the storms) I would be very tempted to put the bill for the fence at their side through their door. Thankfully now we have a 6ft privacy fence up and they are coming back tomorrow to finish the rest.

I wonder now if something will happen because the council have said to me in the past that there needs to be a police report before they can do anything so with a bit of luck this might be it or at least the beginning of the end for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Trying to book a call back from my GP.

Online form - when are you not avaiable?
Me: After 1pm Tuesday
GP surgery: I've booked you a call for 1pm Tuesday.

Booked another one and said no to after 12pm Friday. They've booked me one for 6.30pm Friday. I'm away. I don't want to be taking calls then.
At least your GP asks... Submit an online form at mine and they say "someone will contact you within 7 days by text, phone or email". So I'll just put my life on hold till then shall I?!

Reactions: 4
I’d love to live in a little cabin in the middle of a forest surrounded by nature, I’m a hermit at heart. I can dream 🙂

• Heart
At least your GP asks... Submit an online form at mine and they say "someone will contact you within 7 days by text, phone or email". So I'll just put my life on hold till then shall I?!
Sounds like my GP also.
You need to be sick in about three weeks, so you can plan ahead and beg for an appointment then 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
I'm feeling incredibly worried for the future.

A lot of countries and societies seem broken and those at the top just seem clueless to fix it all; I don't remember things ever being so bad.

I was behind an elderly couple at the supermarket checkout today who were questioning whether the checkout operator had charged them extra for a $2.10 can of cat food (she'd bought several). She explained that she is on a very tight budget and is having to go without teabags for a week just to be able to afford to feed her cat. She said that if the prices keep increasing then she will be forced to take the cat to the SPCA. The checkout operator was sympathetic while she was trying to work out if she had overcharged her (it turned out she hadn't - the price just keeps going up), and I felt awful ... in some way responsible (which is silly, but this sort of stuff really affects me). I really wanted to give her the $10 I had on me to go and buy some tea but it just didn't feel like the right thing to do at that time (I didn't want to embarrass them, or overstep). The SPCA here have no vacancies and are finding the current climate tough too; and if they did go somewhere for welfare assistance, they'd likely be told they'd have to give their cat up (stories have appeared in the media saying as much).

This is just the tip of the iceberg - I've seen so many other things in the past few weeks especially which have really been getting me down and I feel powerless to help (I do give to charities).

The only 'good' thing about the current climate is there seem to be a lot of jobs for anyone who wants to work - even in careers that you normally have to jump through hoops to be considered, seem to be broadening the acceptance criteria to give just about anyone a go. But ... not so great for people who can't get staff and haven't been able to get their businesses up and running at full steam since Covid.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Another one ranting about my GP surgery.
Rang as soon as the lines opened and took me 27 times to get through, on hold for 52 minutes to be told there’s no appointments 🤬 I did some shouty swearing in the garden, hope the neighbours aren’t home

Reactions: 6
Some people would just never do it so they struggle to understand that someone else would. Which is a shame, would be nice if they could discover the enjoyment of their own company 😊
This 💯 people who aren’t comfortable in their own company will never understand those who are! I love going for lunch alone, getting my nails or eyebrows done alone, going for a walk alone. My ex work colleague even needed to go to the supermarket with a friend (she didn’t have anxiety or any fears of going places I know this can stop people) I couldn’t think of anything worse food shopping is a chore as it is never mind having to watch someone else do theirs aswell lol. She’d pull a face everytime I said I’d do something alone.. It’s not for everybody lol

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.